Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Will Rogers have IT?

vCash

Does Will Rogers have IT?

I've read a lot about how the veterans are impressed about his leadership abilities.

vCash
    Yes
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    He's going to be very good and prove many wrong.

vCash
    He looks extremely promising, but cool your jets until he faces a REAL SEC defense. MSU ain't one.

vCash
    Hard to say without seeing him play, but we simply haven’t heard upperclassmen ever praise an FR QB like this.

I remember hearing stuff before Dak played, but it wasn’t this loud.

What’s scary is to think about Mike Leach with a 4 year starting QB. The chance to build around a guy like that is crazy.

Robertson is more talented though so that competition in 2 years will be awesome
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Not much difference in Rogers and Shrader. Deep ball vs mobility basically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not much difference in Rogers and Shrader. Deep ball vs mobility basically.
    You just listed a difference and it’s a pretty big one in the air raid throwing it 50+ times per game....
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    I met his Dad years ago (and I'm 90% sure he posts here) and he is a good dude. And a very good coach. So the kid knows football inside and out. We'll see down the road if he has "IT" just as we did with Dakota. Leach coming here was a gift to this kid. Will be something to watch over the years.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    You just listed a difference and it’s a pretty big one in the air raid throwing it 50+ times per game....
    I didn't say Shrader couldn't throw the deep ball. Just that Rogers is a little better. Rogers is going to have to stay healthy. Other than that, he'll be fine. So will Shrader. And I hope neither have to play this year.

vCash
    I know Shrader has IT, regardless of whether or not he fits the scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    He looks extremely promising, but cool your jets until he faces a REAL SEC defense. MSU ain't one.
    Loser post
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I didn't say Shrader couldn't throw the deep ball. Just that Rogers is a little better. Rogers is going to have to stay healthy. Other than that, he'll be fine. So will Shrader. And I hope neither have to play this year.
    I hope they both get to play some for the experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I know Shrader has IT, regardless of whether or not he fits the scheme.
    Curious to know if ML has ever had a running QB ? .... I stopped short of saying Dual Threat but that's the gist of it, but air raid or not Shrader can be a weapon as we have already seen

ETA - never mind, I just saw another thread asking the very same question
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    I hope they both get to play some for the experience.
    My first thought was that they could play in 4 and still redshirt but didn't the NCAA say that this year basically wouldn't count against eligibility? So, in theory, if Rogers ended up starting this year, he could be a 5 year starter?

I don't remember them saying the eligibility rule was just for seniors but maybe I missed that.

vCash
    People are forgetting that Garrett Schrader is still here. We saw a little bit of what a mobile QB could do in this offense with Minshew, and Garrett is stronger and faster than Gardner. If he works hard in the offseason and really takes this season to learn the nuances of the offense we could be hell on wheels next year with him at the helm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    People are forgetting that Garrett Schrader is still here. We saw a little bit of what a mobile QB could do in this offense with Minshew, and Garrett is stronger and faster than Gardner. If he works hard in the offseason and really takes this season to learn the nuances of the offense we could be hell on wheels next year with him at the helm.
    Listened to Rosebowl on Bo Bounds this morning, & it just seems like Rogers is light years ahead mentally.

Not saying that Shrader can’t catch up, but when talking about Rogers it’s pertinent to remember that this kid grew up with an air raid coach as a father. The amount of film, intuition, & instincts he likely possesses in this offense isn’t something that can be learned in a year.

We signed a QB that has been preparing to run Leach’s offense since he was about 3 years old.

Not comparing his talent level to the Mannings, but think about how advanced Eli & Peyton’s football knowledge & instincts were compared to every other college QB when they were at TN & OM. In many ways, that’s what he have here as far as football IQ. That type of football IQ is formed through years & years

While Costello is more physically talented, due to theses reasons, it wouldn’t shock me at all if Rogers actually knows & potentially runs the offense more efficiently right now.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-04-2020 at 09:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Listened to Rosebowl on Bo Bounds this morning, & it just seems like Rogers is light years ahead mentally.

Not saying that Shrader can’t catch up, but when talking about Rogers it’s pertinent to remember that this kid grew up with an air raid coach as a father. The amount of film, intuition, & instincts he likely possesses in this offense isn’t something that can be learned in a year.

We signed a QB that has been preparing to run Leach’s offense since he was about 3 years old.

Not comparing his talent level to the Mannings, but think about how advanced Eli & Peyton’s football knowledge & instincts were compared to every other college QB when they were at TN & OM. In many ways, that’s what he have here as far as football IQ. That type of football IQ is formed through years & years

While Costello is more physically talented, due to theses reasons, it wouldn’t shock me at all if Rogers actually knows & potentially runs the offense more efficiently right now.
    No doubt that Rogers is ahead of the QBs from a knowledge of the offense standpoint. I just feel like if and when Schrader learns those nuances like Costello seems to have grasped then he could be a VERY dangerous weapon in this offense. Again, everything is on Schrader. If he wants to stay and compete I believe he could be a special talent in this offense and I believe that it could help his NFL aspirations with how pass happy the NFL is these days. But he'll have to learn, compete, and work hard to beat out someone like Rogers who knows the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    No doubt that Rogers is ahead of the QBs from a knowledge of the offense standpoint. I just feel like if and when Schrader learns those nuances like Costello seems to have grasped then he could be a VERY dangerous weapon in this offense. Again, everything is on Schrader. If he wants to stay and compete I believe he could be a special talent in this offense and I believe that it could help his NFL aspirations with how pass happy the NFL is these days. But he'll have to learn, compete, and work hard to beat out someone like Rogers who knows the offense.
    I certainly hope so. Competition is good.

vCash
    Man we are blessed to have this QB situation.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Schrader is an old school football player. He really laid it all out on the line for us last year. I'm excited to have talent at the position but at the same time a little sad for him if it doesn't work out for him. If he doesn't get ample playing time here under the air raid I do believe he should be starting somewhere. Costello has this year apparently but afterwards if Rogers is what some are saying then regardless of the type of talent Schrader is fit and scheme wise it sounds like it's Roger's job to lose.