Page 211 of 274 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Can anyone provide me a state that followed the reopening plan, or did they all throw that out the window when the protests started?

Also, when did the narrative turn from not overrunning hospitals to mortality rate?

vCash
    nm

vCash
    I saw a quote in a WP article today stating that "we're clearly not flattening the curve". So I do want to know how long as we supposed to be the curve flattening stage? Originally it was 2-4 weeks and we're not 3.5 months into that period.

No doubt lots of people aren't wearing mask and going to gatherings larger than they probably should, but lots of people ARE wearing mask and/or doing pretty extreme social distancing. This thing doesn't seem like it's going to go away anytime soon so the question remains do you lock down everything for 6-12 month and maybe be slightly ahead of where you are now (if no vaccine) or do you just plow ahead somewhat with some reasonable restrictions and deal with the known side effects?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Here's another thing, 60k plus showed up for protests in Houston and now folks that protested are coming down with covid. Who would've ever guessed that would happen.
    But they all had masks **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But they all had masks **
    I forgot masks fix everything lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd like to see a source on that.
    You won't find one from him. Here is why. Reports are hospitalization is up 60% for those under 50 not ICU but hospitalizations in TX. That my friends is called manipulating the truth to fit a narrative. He took a stat and turned into something that wasn't true and became Liberalpooldawg the negative spinner.
    Last edited by Dawgfan77; 07-04-2020 at 07:30 AM.

vCash
    990 new cases and 4 new deaths today. That now puts us at just over 30,000 cases in the state which means 1% of the state population is now confirmed to have or had it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You won't find one from him. Here is why. Reports are hospitalization is up 60% for those under 50 not ICU but hospitalizations in TX. That my friends is called manipulating the truth to fit a narrative. He took a stat and turned into something that wasn't true and became Liberalpooldawg the negative spinner.
    Nothing to see here, just a 60% increase in hospitalizations for those under 50 based on data supplied by Dawgfan77 to illustrate that ICU hospitalizations are down. I'm sure all those rural hospitals scattered throughout the great state of MS will be able to handle volumes like that. What's the big deal right???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Nothing to see here, just a 60% increase in hospitalizations for those under 50 based on data supplied by Dawgfan77 to illustrate that ICU hospitalizations are down. I'm sure all those rural hospitals scattered throughout the great state of MS will be able to handle volumes like that. What's the big deal right???
    This means nothing without context. You'd need the raw number of hospitalizations for under 50 before and after. You'd also need to know the % of cases that under 50 accounted for before and after. For all we know the number of hospitalizations for under 50 went from 10 pre-June to 16 during June while the % of under 50 cases went from 10% of the total pre-June to 50% of the total during June. I sorta doubt it's that extreme, but you get the point.

vCash
    Why some continue to minimize this is dumbfounding. Our management of this pandemic has been a cluster-**** from day 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This means nothing without context. You'd need the raw number of hospitalizations for under 50 before and after. You'd also need to know the % of cases that under 50 accounted for before and after. For all we know the number of hospitalizations for under 50 went from 10 pre-June to 16 during June while the % of under 50 cases went from 10% of the total pre-June to 50% of the total during June. I sorta doubt it's that extreme, but you get the point.
    When elective surgeries have been cancelled, the 60% increase is alarming. You need no more context than that.

Had electives not been cancelled, I'd agree with you. Folks that age aren't admitted to hospitals at that rate on a regular basis, under normal conditions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tex...eces-webb/amp/

vCash

There's some context for hospitalizations

vCash
    Also, that is a few days outdated. Texas reported 7890 hospitalizations today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

There's some context for hospitalizations
    Not really... I just went back and looked at what started this argument. Here's Liverpool's claim...

"15% of the COVID ICU cases in Houston are in their 20s & 30s"

Total hospitalizations doesn't give context for that. Hell, I thought this was about under 50. I have a very hard time believing Liverpool's statement myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    990 new cases and 4 new deaths today. That now puts us at just over 30,000 cases in the state which means 1% of the state population is now confirmed to have or had it.
    Just 99% more to go and we can stop the freak../ right up until the figure out you can get it again.... rinse repeat.... or just learn to live with it.

vCash
    Not really... I just went back and looked at what started this argument. Here's Liverpool's claim...

Total hospitalizations doesn't give context for that. Hell, I thought this was about under 50. I have a very hard time believing Liverpool's statement myself.
    Be careful he will call you a jerk!! Hahaha.

vCash
    Just 99% more to go and we can stop the freak../ right up until the figure out you can get it again.... rinse repeat.... or just learn to live with it.
    Yeah rough figures at this rate we should all have had it in about 33 years give or take. Let's just hunker down for 3 decades or so and we'll all be fine or dead. Might be better as you said to just learn to live with it cause I don't believe I've got 30 years left lol

vCash

This was what was saying his claim was BS. Here me out on this. So 30K have had or had Rona in MS Since March so basically 1% Of the population. Now roughly 19K have now recovered so net says there are around 11k now infected. To me this is positive yet all we look at is number of cases and the increase. No one reports number of cases that are recovered not one MSM reports this. It's all doom and gloom. If you knew only 11k were infected what would your outlook be. I'm sure y'all are going frown on this or link some liberal source that says different. Anyway.

vCash
    Could you tell people on this page to learn to live with it one more time, please. Haven't seen that comment be 25 ****in times. Or CC 24 saying "lol yep" to every one of them. Take your mask off tough guy, nothing to worry about, learn to live with it.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 07-04-2020 at 05:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Could you tell people on this page to learn to live with it one more time, please. Haven't seen that comment be 25 ****in times. Or CC 24 saying "lol yep" to every one of them. Take off your mask off tough guy, nothing to worry about, learn to live with it.
    It's been pretty astounding to watch almost everyone in this thread parrot the White House this entire pandemic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ation-n1232884