Page 78 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Agree. MS has been solid. People here look after each other. It's obvious we've followed the guidelines pretty well. If we don't spike this week, we're in a good place to prepare for one the next couple weeks.
    I don't think we know that yet....but I hope you're right.

vCash
    The good news is we are going to win this war on drugs and cocaine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I don't think we know that yet....but I hope you're right.
    We're absolutely "ahead of the curve" because we've still got a ton of hospital availability. As I mentioned before, the hospitals I deal with thought they would be overrun this week with a huge spike, but numbers are actually down still. The nursing homes are getting hit, so numbers overall will go up, but most of those won't change hospital capacity. And that's what this is all about. If the general public doesn't blow up the next 17 days, we should be good.
    I'm an extremely at risk person, so I'm counting down those days.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 04-01-2020 at 04:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    If weed was legal, more people would stay home.

vCash
    Probably.

I must say I am quite confused. I flipped over to watch the trump/coronavirus task force presser live. I missed the fist few minutes, but they spent 15 or so minutes talking about the cartels and war on drugs.

vCash
    Probably.

I must say I am quite confused. I flipped over to watch the trump/coronavirus task force presser live. I missed the fist few minutes, but they spent 15 or so minutes talking about the cartels and war on drugs.
    I didn’t see it but if it’s like usual he got off on a tangent and found a way to pat himself on the back in the process. Trump is not good at speaking...however, I feel like fauci is and birx does a REALLY good job of explaining the important things that people need to know.

vCash
    Probably.

Yeah, it's an odd moment to unveil this. Apparently it will "help with the virus", too, so I guess "we'll see".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I didn’t see it but if it’s like usual he got off on a tangent and found a way to pat himself on the back in the process. Trump is not good at speaking...however, I feel like fauci is and birx does a REALLY good job of explaining the important things that people need to know.
    I'm glad Fauci and Birx have stuck around/not been let go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I can relate to him. He seems more human and not a polish politician. I like that.

vCash
    I went to get some chops to grill and the stores have gone made. Mississippians are in full panic mode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm glad Fauci and Birx have stuck around/not been let go.

From what I have seen, I think Dr. Birx is the most knowledgeable and has the best demeanor on communicating with the media and the general public, concerning a situation such as this (JMO). She also seems to deliver not so good news or expectations better than some others do. I have seen her on numerous interviews and am very impressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I went to get some chops to grill and the stores have gone made. Mississippians are in full panic mode.

I figured that. I have a first time ever Kroger delivery order scheduled for Friday between 9 and 10 AM. We will see how that goes.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-01-2020 at 06:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Yeah, the Kroger parking lot here is completely full.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Yeah, the Kroger parking lot here is completely full.
    People are so dumb

vCash
    I hear it cures the Corona!**

vCash
    There's a legitimate reason for what they are doing - the amount of drug mules crossing the border daily is a big concern to the border states in controlling this disease. I manage about 8 miles of the border for other purposes so know first-hand about this.

vCash
    Also, you guys will realize that shelter in place and lockdown will not affect 90% of daily activities and jobs. It's borderline pointless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    It's borderline pointless.
    Wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Also, you guys will realize that shelter in place and lockdown will not affect 90% of daily activities and jobs. It's borderline pointless.
    It seems that way here in Dallas too, until I think about all the restaurants, nail shops, and barbers that are shut down.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    I'm speaking from experience. Atleast that's the case here. So it's not wrong.