Page 12 of 274 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    That's no entirely true - often times people in media try to call opinions facts or manipulate information to appear as fact without disclosing the full story.

In this situations there are some hardcore facts but there is also a bunch of speculation mixed into it. The truth is there is a lot we don't know. Obviously any extreme measures are going to produce more guaranteed results and that's what we are after but extreme measure also have extreme repercussions to other things as well so determining proper acceptable risk is complicated.
    Very well said. There are extremists on both sides of this argument just like with every issue that the media reports on. The truth generally lies somewhere in the middle.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Some of ya'll need to watch this..
    https://www.facebook.com/10001012135...gwMTg1NTU3OTI/
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Over 100 cases in Louisiana is concerning. This stuff can spiral out of control.
    Take out Nola and it's almost nothing. Avoid the big cities.

vCash
    Monroe County officially reported positive case.

vCash
    There is no doubt that the measures implemented might save lives especially if we avoid hospital overcrowding, but there is also no doubt we're sending a fair amount of people into financial ruin. Once the fear of the virus is over I think that the economic impact on middle to low income families will be the next thing the media jumps on and I'm wondering what the response will be.

I'm generally against govt bailouts but they'll have to do something for the airlines and a few other segments. How the politicians handle it leading into the elections will also be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    There is no doubt that the measures implemented might save lives especially if we avoid hospital overcrowding, but there is also no doubt we're sending a fair amount of people into financial ruin. Once the fear of the virus is over I think that the economic impact on middle to low income families will be the next thing the media jumps on and I'm wondering what the response will be.

I'm generally against govt bailouts but they'll have to do something for the airlines and a few other segments. How the politicians handle it leading into the elections will also be interesting.
    Yeah, I really feel for people who work hourly wages, such as the service industry. Those places closing down for an extended time period is going to hurt big time.

vCash
    Next week, will We under a corona virus lockdown such as Italy, France and Spain are today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Next week, will We under a corona virus lockdown such as Italy, France and Spain are today?
    We are approximately ten days behind Italy in the spread. They started their lockdown 6 days ago. Expect ours to start by the end of the week because ours is spreading faster than theirs - if our government knows whats good for us.

Things could keep getting worse, as there's a lot of people who don't seem to comprehend how bad this is.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Trying to make it a point to not touch face, and it seems my face is itching non-stop (haha).

vCash
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I highly recommend this site. It's just numbers with no ideological affiliation. China appears to have contained this thing. Which is saying a lot for a country of 1.4 billion.

vCash
    Some good news. I guess

vCash
    yeah, I think we will see another spike in the next week because of spring break. However I feel everyone is taking it very serious with the numbers climbing. Downtown Memphis is very thin today. Maybe it has some to do with the weather but this virus scare has the most affect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    yeah, I think we will see another spike in the next week because of spring break. However I feel everyone is taking it very serious with the numbers climbing. Downtown Memphis is very thin today. Maybe it has some to do with the weather but this virus scare has the most affect.
    How many cases in Memphis?

vCash
    Only one I have heard of. .....That I have heard of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I highly recommend this site. It's just numbers with no ideological affiliation. China appears to have contained this thing. Which is saying a lot for a country of 1.4 billion.
    Cases per million population is interesting stat on this site. The highest case per million so far is Italy, and it isn't close. Using their number (462.8 case/million), only 0.04% of the population has it. I still think this is very scary, but that does put it in some perspective. In China, 0.0056% have it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Cases per million population is interesting stat on this site. The highest case per million so far is Italy, and it isn't close. Using their number (462.8 case/million), only 0.04% of the population has it. I still think this is very scary, but that does put it in some perspective. In China, 0.0056% have it.
    Surprisingly, China has leveled off. If we follow trend, we should level off in 3-4 weeks. People must have some discipline about travel. Still too many not smart people traveling all over the southeast. One case shows up in a new town and a new level of panic sets in. Keep this where it is now and we will recover with minimal damage.

I'll say this, everyone is seeing a glimpse of what is to come in the future. Pray, repent and get your heart right before God. That day approaches for all at some point.

vCash
    I think the only place that has done enough testing to know is South Korea. They also are the only place that shows a ton of people in their 20's with it, which means there's a decent chance a lot of 20 somethings with mild or no symptoms spreading it in other countries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think the only place that has done enough testing to know is South Korea. They also are the only place that shows a ton of people in their 20's with it, which means there's a decent chance a lot of 20 somethings with mild or no symptoms spreading it in other countries.
    South Korea at 0.02%

Banned
    vCash
    7 where are you getting the latest and greatest map update of the US. The NY times one doesn't update near enough. I see that we're at almost 4k now confirmed but certain states are definitely inaccurate.

vCash
    South Korea at 0.02%
    They also kept the total numbers down to prevent their healthcare system from being completely overwhelmed. When it get siverwhelmed the number get way uglier quickly.