Page 75 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Don't know if you all care but I got word today that the Government is going to let you withdraw up to 100K out of Annuities and other retirement plans with no IRS penalty and you will be able to spread the taxes you will owe over three years. Don't know all the details but some of you might benefit from it.
    If I remember right, I think they’re going to have to pay that money back at a later date, which will just put them in another bind at that time. Just no easy way out of this I guess.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    If I remember right, I think they’re going to have to pay that money back at a later date, which will just put them in another bind at that time. Just no easy way out of this I guess.
    They would only need to pay the tax's and they can spread that out over three years. It is not a loan it is a withdraw. Now would be a good time to convert your traditional IRA to a Roth. Pension plans do not allow withdrawal, only loans but there are so few pension plans. Profit sharing plans do allow both loans and withdrawal. This 401k"s Esop and several others. Now Annuities, IRA, Roth Simple and Sepp only allow withdrawal. Withdrawal do not have to be paid back only loans. My understanding is the waiver of penalties and the spreading of taxes over three years only applies to withdrawals.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 03-31-2020 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    [tweet2]1245199595258499072[/tweet2]

I believe we are officially at Italy's level now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    [tweet2]1245199595258499072[/tweet2]

I believe we are officially at Italy's level now
    Good. We're closer to the end.

vCash
    So.... now US Health officials are projecting 100,000 - 240,000 deaths????? That's a huge jump from the 4,000 we have currently.

Oh..... and the virus can be spread very easy. But mail and take out food is safe. *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    So.... now US Health officials are projecting 100,000 - 240,000 deaths????? That's a huge jump from the 4,000 we have currently.

Oh..... and the virus can be spread very easy. But mail and take out food is safe. *****
    It's going to get worse before it gets better. A week ago, we had 900 total deaths. Then yesterday alone we had 900 deaths. That will continue to go up for at least a few weeks. We have 4000 total deaths right now, I don't think 4000 per day is out of the realm of possibility in the near future.

vCash
    Italy is at 206 deaths per million, which is tops in the world. For us to get to 100k deaths, we'd have to get to 305 deaths per million; this is 48% worse than Italy at the present. To get to 240k deaths, we'd have to get to 734 deaths per million; this is 256% worse than Italy at present.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Italy is at 206 deaths per million, which is tops in the world. For us to get to 100k deaths, we'd have to get to 305 deaths per million; this is 48% worse than Italy at the present. To get to 240k deaths, we'd have to get to 734 deaths per million; this is 256% worse than Italy at present.
    Exactly. So what is the point of the US health officials and the White House announcing those numbers last night? To make people take this more serious?

vCash
    What’s the thought with Italy? Are they just peaking on daily deaths? If so, is it legitimate to expect their deaths per million to end up 2x what it is now?

vCash

They also said it was going to take three weeks for the military medical ship to arrive in New York. It was there like in 7 days. I think they are over stating things on purpose to cover their asses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    What’s the thought with Italy? Are they just peaking on daily deaths? If so, is it legitimate to expect their deaths per million to end up 2x what it is now?
    Yeah, it looks like they're peaking. Probably be a couple more weeks before the death numbers start falling. I think they will probably be 2x by the time the numbers start falling. Then there will be thousands more deaths on the decline of the slope.

vCash
    136 new cases and 2 new deaths in MS.

That's a total of 1073 cases and 22 deaths. Mortality rate for MS is 2%.

vCash
    Exactly. So what is the point of the US health officials and the White House announcing those numbers last night? To make people take this more serious?
    We are projected to have that many deaths BECAUSE people are not taking this seriously, Including several on this thread....

We are a couple days away from Louisiana overloading Ventilators....

That's when the deaths spike...

vCash
    The way we are doing this is so dumb. We need to be performing mass screenings of people. That way, we can just isolate those people for 2 weeks, and we can slowly return to work soon. Screen everyone in nursing homes, grocery store workers, ect. All of the high risk people. When they come up positive, take them out of circulation, so they don't become super spreaders. That's basically what South Korea did, and they are opening back up. We are just sitting around at home with no end in site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    We are projected to have that many deaths BECAUSE people are not taking this seriously, Including several on this thread....

We are a couple days away from Louisiana overloading Ventilators....

That's when the deaths spike...
    Sadly, those projections are "best case" scenarios (according to the models) if we do our very best, in terms of mitigation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Sadly, those projections are "best case" scenarios (according to the models) if we do our very best, in terms of mitigation.
    Yep, apparently the US could possibly have 1.5 million deaths from this as worst case scenario. Somehow, with our healthcare system and resources we are going to be 100x worse off than any other country in the world and about 20x's worse the entire rest of the world combined.

vCash
    A couple of stats I would like to see. How many deaths have had underlying health issues
    Also, how many in NY would have survived had they been administered the malaria treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Yep, apparently the US could possibly have 1.5 million deaths from this as worst case scenario. Somehow, with our healthcare system and resources we are going to be 100x worse off than any other country in the world and about 20x's worse the entire rest of the world combined.
    Total cases is a bad way to compare. Cases per/capita is better, but even then it's dependent on how many get tested and if the numbers are fudged. I don't believe the numbers from China or India. I think the Chinese are just lying. Most of the other countries even close to our size have very poor health systems and are only testinga very small fraction of the population

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Also, how many in NY would have survived had they been administered the malaria treatment
    They are getting it. People in Mississippi are getting it. It's not a cure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    1. We have worse access to healthcare, especially in rural areas, than most of the other developed countries.

2. We are doing the least, behavior wise, to curb the growth. It will keep getting worse and worse until we have nationwide shelter in place and mass testing.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?