Page 74 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    No, but it means 95% of cases are manageable. Stay at home when you can, wash your hands, and practice good hygiene. People are going to get really sick..... people get really sick all the time..... COVID is just acting like the fire starter. The doom and gloom is there to make people listen..... to make sure they distance themselves. I'm trying to be the optimist here because we can sure as hell use it.
    Amen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    95% of cases being mild does not mean 95% of people are unsure if it's cold of COVID.

South Korea did widespread testing and did nto show huge numbers of asymptomatic people are people who recovered from something they thought was just another cold.
    Yeah, mild just means not hospitalized. Plus it's 5% at a minimum because a lot of places aren't reporting hospitalization data.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    95% of cases being mild does not mean 95% of people are unsure if it's cold of COVID.

South Korea did widespread testing and did nto show huge numbers of asymptomatic people are people who recovered from something they thought was just another cold.
    This is actually incorrect. I would REEEEAAALLLLYYY advise everyone to go read this article. I know it's a lot of reading but if you want to see the issues with the numbers coming out versus reported R0 and spread rates you will want to read this. It is importial and both good and bad news. I HIGHLY recommend it.

https://www.baldingsworld.com/2020/0...ses-are-there/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I know one thing I've found out during all this. There are a ton of experts in the field of epidemology and infectious disease all over the internet. They are literally all over the internet on facebook, instagram, twitter and any other social media forum you can find. Who knew the world had so many experts?*****
    Cyberspace has made everyone an expert, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Yeah, mild just means not hospitalized. Plus it's 5% at a minimum because a lot of places aren't reporting hospitalization data.
    You should really dig through the article I just posted. It's good info. I know it is poorly laid out. The guy is brilliant when it comes to stats and exponential growth...but he needs an editor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Cyberspace has made everyone an expert, lol.
    Yep in everything, from football to epidemology. I'm not an infectious disease expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night***

vCash
    Tate Reeves issues shelter-in-place for Lauderdale county and only Lauderdale county. Not sure what exactly that means since most every business is considered essential.
    Last edited by hacker; 03-31-2020 at 11:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Do you believe the Chinese death numbers? Most do not.
    Bed shortages depend on where. We don't currently have a shortage in MS.
    You tell me how numbers are remotely correct on mortality rate etc. when hospitals don't use the same criteria for testing, states do not, countries do not. The data is simply thrown together. It's not comparing the same data.
    Well I guess Mississippi gets a ****ing cookie then. Congrats on having enough beds right now. Italy had enough beds before they locked down, too I wonder if Tate will wait until Mississippi's hospitals are over run before he takes the steps everyone else has used to stem the tide of cases....

How long does it take for a test result to come back in Mississippi?

I'm not using Mortality rate. I'm counting BODIES. And Reefer Trucks outside of Hospitals in the USA to hold those bodies.

But keep on Mississippi.... I'm sure it will not have exponential growth there as well.

vCash
    You know how many people probably have COVID and don't know it? 95% of all current cases are considered mild cases.
    CITE for the 95% number? I have seen that 80% of the cases are "mild" Mild means they don't need a hospital BTW....

In 80% of known cases, COVID-19 causes mild to moderate illness, according to a report of a joint World Health Organization-China mission of 25 infectious disease experts held in China late last month.

Spreading shit like this will kill people....

vCash
    No, but it means 95% of cases are manageable. Stay at home when you can, wash your hands, and practice good hygiene. People are going to get really sick..... people get really sick all the time..... COVID is just acting like the fire starter. The doom and gloom is there to make people listen..... to make sure they distance themselves. I'm trying to be the optimist here because we can sure as hell use it.
    An optimist is one thing, spreading mis information is another.

vCash
    I don't know about the rest of Mississippi but Jones County is a ghost town. I work in an essential business so I'm at work everyday but there's hardly any traffic, parking lots are empty and even walmart parking lot is much more barren than normal. People are supporting the local restaraunts here and doing take out and delivery(there's been no dining rooms open here for almost 2 weeks). The only people out are the ones in essential businesses and going to the grocery store. It's eery the lack of traffic and the empty parking lots.

vCash
    Tate Reeves issues shelter-in-place for Lauderdale county and only Lauderdale county. Not sure what exactly that means since most every business is considered essential.
    This is the issue. Shelter in place, national quarantine...none of it matters because 8/10 businesses have declared themselves essential and I can guarantee you if we go through this again next winter those last two businesses will have figured out a way to declare themselves essential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    This is the issue. Shelter in place, national quarantine...none of it matters because 8/10 businesses have declared themselves essential and I can guarantee you if we go through this again next winter those last two businesses will have figured out a way to declare themselves essential.
    Yep.

Meanwhile, 1212 new cases and 54 new deaths in Louisiana since yesterday. Damn.

vCash
    Yep.

Meanwhile, 1212 new cases and 54 new deaths in Louisiana since yesterday. Damn.
    Jeez. That's awful. I wonder if there is any way we can find out how many patients are in the ICU and on ventilators in Louisiana and Mississippi. I haven't been able to find any stats on that. I've only seen stats on hospitalizations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Jeez. That's awful. I wonder if there is any way we can find out how many patients are in the ICU and on ventilators in Louisiana and Mississippi. I haven't been able to find any stats on that. I've only seen stats on hospitalizations.
    438 on ventilators

http://ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus/

vCash
    Thanks. Those are scary numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep in everything, from football to epidemology. I'm not an infectious disease expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night***
    I’m glad not everyone has lost their sense of humor
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I’m glad not everyone has lost their sense of humor
    I'm trying to keep it during all this stuff. So much uncertainity for all of us right now. Nothing I can do to control this thing so I just keep moving forward and try to smile and stay positive, cause being negative ain't gonna help. Growing up I used to work with my grandfather in his chicken houses and he used to tell me the stories of surviving the great depression and how his parents used humor to make those tough times bearable. He was a great man with a lot of faith. He used to sing the song "One Day at a Time" while we worked on the farm every day. Those words really carry a punch with whats happening right now. Try to stay positive my friends!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is actually incorrect. I would REEEEAAALLLLYYY advise everyone to go read this article. I know it's a lot of reading but if you want to see the issues with the numbers coming out versus reported R0 and spread rates you will want to read this. It is importial and both good and bad news. I HIGHLY recommend it.

https://www.baldingsworld.com/2020/0...ses-are-there/
    It’s an interesting article for sure, but regardless of what the true infection rates turn out to be, an awful lot of people are getting seriously sick and dying.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Don't know if you all care but I got word today that the Government is going to let you withdraw up to 100K out of Annuities and other retirement plans with no IRS penalty and you will be able to spread the taxes you will owe over three years. Don't know all the details but some of you might benefit from it.