Page 59 of 274 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Pardon me if I trust the word of Dr. Christian Drosten, Head of Virology at Charite Berlin, over your son's friends
    Ok. Whatever.

vCash
    Y'all either need to open back up the political board or kill this tread, geez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Ok so we're almost there. Bear with me. You've almost made it.

So is it bad to like the communist ideals since there is no earthly leader capable? I've said that it wouldn't work, but there is still manners in which we can come close but not fall to the same pitfalls as many before.

And just to reiterate is heaven communist or capitalist? Am I communist for wanting a communist heaven?
    Again, you confuse being ruled by man (communism an earthly institution) and being ruled by God - in Heaven! God's rule is not communistic, it is Theocratic, all of our needs are provided by him - not man!

vCash
    MS now has its third death. Male age 65-70 in Webster county with underlying conditions.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Again, you confuse being ruled by man (communism an earthly institution) and being ruled by God - in Heaven! God's rule is not communistic, it is Theocratic, all of our needs are provided by him - not man!
    So your ideal state is where the ruler provides all our needs? You want God to control most every aspect of human activity. You are for God's takeover of industry? Especially healthcare? You want redistribution of wealth within heaven? You want all basic needs met?

Are you having your "Oh" moment yet?

If not and you are stilly willfully being blind then this is where I leave you. Maybe more prayer and less explicit Bible study would be better for you. There's no substitute for a good old fashioned chat with God. Not even the Bible can touch that. Though it can surely try. So read Leviticus 20:17 and then understand wholly the relation of Abraham and Sarah. Specifically what happens on Genisis 17:16. Marinate on that and think about it. (It's not pointing out a contradiction. It's something completely the opposite.)

vCash
    Dan and Extend....will you guys please take your discussion to private message?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Italy's eclipsed 10%. The US is still floating just below 1.5%
    I'm sure that you know this but their population on average is 15? Years older than ours.
    I'm not sure how Italy is testing either. Are they testing only the sick or everyone with contact. If they are testing people with contact of someone diagnosed and the number is still at 10% that's really scary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Dan and Extend....will you guys please take your discussion to private message?

BeardO, we did but Dantheman keeps bringing it back to the public thread. He doesn't understand that he doesn't understand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    BeardO, we did but Dantheman keeps bringing it back to the public thread. He doesn't understand that he doesn't understand!
    Look, I'm not taking sides, but if that is the case, then don't take bait; and that can apply to both of you. Y'all's discussion isn't remotely germane to the thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I'm sure that you know this but their population on average is 15? Years older than ours.
    I'm not sure how Italy is testing either. Are they testing only the sick or everyone with contact. If they are testing people with contact of someone diagnosed and the number is still at 10% that's really scary
    The same thing is happening in Spain. 736 deaths today. Up to 7.3%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    And not to make light of anyone losing their life but I just looked up the death toll and according to worldometer it's at ~21K.

Isn't that way, way below some initial worldwide projections for this point in time?

Hoping that's correct and that's a good thing
    Bringing this back up since it got lost in the banter

vCash
    Two more deaths today. Now brings our total to 4. One was upper 80's and one in her 70's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Bringing this back up since it got lost in the banter
    I don't know- but I would like to see a projection that compares.

Probably aren't very many out there over fear that if wre ae doing better than anticipated people may slack off and go to the beach or have parties or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Two more deaths today. Now brings our total to 4. One was upper 80's and one in her 70's.
    5 now

https://www.wlbt.com/2020/03/25/coro...ebster-county/

vCash
    I become more concerned about the impacts of this pandemic by the day, and it is not just sickness and death. When things began tanking, I believed (hoped, maybe) that the economy would rebound quickly, but now I no longer have such confidence. The banks are solvent, so that is not a huge concern, but other sectors, particularly for our region the oil and gas industry are very worrisome. If, in the next few months, oil does not rebound to at least $45.00 per bbl, the economies of Miss. Louisiana and Texas are going to go into a death spiral. Low double digit unemployment and the resulting wrecked state budgets could become a reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    The same thing is happening in Spain. 736 deaths today. Up to 7.3%.
    That's crazy. Do you know the average age there?

vCash
    So let me get something straight. And before I get this straight I'll just say this ... When people were bashing Obama in 2009 over H1N1, I defended him. And it primarily affected my age group. When I defend Trump now, it's for the same reason and while I'm close to being in the affected age group, I'm not quite there just yet. The reason I defended both Obama and Trump is ... when you're trading all the possible impacts due to either disease they're in untenable positions. There are no good options.

Now for what I'm trying to get straight. If I'm reading it right from a source or two ... We can shut the country down, have almost everyone teleworking, probably virtually destroy whole segments of our economy (hotels, airlines, cruises, travel, restaurants, some entertainment, etc.) and the folks that wanted to do all of that are up in arms now cause Trump (and Fauci) say that anyone traveling out of NY to other states should self quarantine for 14 days. Seriously???

Seems to be the same folks that trashed him for shutting travel from China down.

In the meantime, let's open up the political/religious debate on this thread to ... does anyone really think those industries mentioned above will be able to rebound very quickly immediately following the defeat of the virus?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    So let me get something straight. And before I get this straight I'll just say this ... When people were bashing Obama in 2009 over H1N1, I defended him. And it primarily affected my age group. When I defend Trump now, it's for the same reason and while I'm close to being in the affected age group, I'm not quite there just yet. The reason I defended both Obama and Trump is ... when you're trading all the possible impacts due to either disease they're in untenable positions. There are no good options.

Now for what I'm trying to get straight. If I'm reading it right from a source or two ... We can shut the country down, have almost everyone teleworking, probably virtually destroy whole segments of our economy (hotels, airlines, cruises, travel, restaurants, some entertainment, etc.) and the folks that wanted to do all of that are up in arms now cause Trump (and Fauci) say that anyone traveling out of NY to other states should self quarantine for 14 days. Seriously???

Seems to be the same folks that trashed him for shutting travel from China down.

In the meantime, let's open up the political/religious debate on this thread to ... does anyone really think those industries mentioned above will be able to rebound very quickly immediately following the defeat of the virus?
    I think those industries will definitely take a hit no matter what. Just a small example- I was going to stay in Starkville for SBW. Now that it has been cancelled I'm certainly not going to go just to go to Starkville essentially. So my hotel and whatever restaurants I would have eaten at lost my money because of COVID. So for this year they're definitely going to take a hit no matter what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    That's crazy. Do you know the average age there?
    Median age:
    Italy: 45.5
    Spain: 42.3
    US: 38.1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post

Good post. I travel a lot for business and now my schedule has been scrapped for who knows how long. I spend 90 or so nights a year in hotels, eating at restaurants near those hotels, spending on other things while I'm on the road and I'm just one person. Pretty much no one is traveling now so the travel, hospitality, restaurants and such business are gonna take a big hit. I'm pretty lucky right now because I work in medical equipment Industry and I actually should have an increase in business over the next few months(although who knows at this point).. Other folks are not gonna be so lucky. I pray for all affected by this because all of us are being affected in one way or another, no one is immune to this crisis