Page 50 of 274 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    We aren't testing anyone under 100.4 (temp) unless they're a basketball player or politician. What's your point?
    So wouldn't this lead one to believe total case is less, % of positive cases is much less, and death rate is less too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    So wouldn't this lead one to believe total case is less, % of positive cases is much less, and death rate is less too?
    Total cases are probably a good bit higher. Can't really know about the % positive.

But yeah, higher total cases = lower death rate.

vCash
    Total cases are probably a good bit higher. Can't really know about the % positive.

But yeah, higher total cases = lower death rate.
    My bad ... I meant total cases being higher.

vCash
    I think that the Asian countries are obviously the floor of what could've happened here, and right now I'm tracking Italy and Spain as the ceiling.

I know that our fatality rate is ~1.3% right now which is obviously way better than Italy and Spain, but I think the deaths are going to start climbing higher and higher, especially as hospitals start to get stressed. We are starting to test a lot of people, so that also factors accordingly into the fatality rate.

I don't post Italy and Spain's numbers because I think that's where we WILL end up, I post them because I think that's where we COULD end up. I do think our current trajectory is more in line with Spain and Italy than say, South Korea or even Germany. I am curious about Germany and how few deaths they've had but haven't found any good info on why yet.

But when it boils down to it, I guess the main reason I'm posting at all is to try to convince y'all to stay the **** home so we don't end up like Italy

I hear you. And appreciate it I guess. I have used your stats and graphs to keep up with some stuff because like I've said, you have been consistent. No clue on the accuracy of everything and I'm not trying to determine that or deny that.

It's just the amount of info and misinformation is the scary part of all of this. Not the virus itself (For me personally at least). I'm just wary to post stuff or even quote stuff with friends and co-workers with so much uncertainty. Not trying to convince you to do otherwise. I'm just not confident enough in any of this to try to depend on what one group or expert says. And I doubt any experts would claim complete certainty either.

It is what it is, carry on. I just can't completely buy into everything while using those countries as our metric to compare to. I understand you keeping up with that certainly though.
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 03-23-2020 at 03:28 PM.

vCash
    That one was actually "pure speculation" -- we were a few days behind Louisiana when they closed schools as well.

Here's the point on speculating, assuming, etc. With all that you have been posting on here somebody may see that comment and think you have some inside information and then freak out or tell somebody else. I knew you didn't because you wouldn't have made a comment like that. Fact of the matter is anybody who is in the know on what MSDH, the Governor, or other applicable government agencies are going to do wouldn't even be posting on here anyway. The poster was correct who said this thread has turned into a gloom and doom thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Here's the point on speculating, assuming, etc. With all that you have been posting on here somebody may see that comment and think you have some inside information and then freak out or tell somebody else. I knew you didn't because you wouldn't have made a comment like that. Fact of the matter is anybody who is in the know on what MSDH, the Governor, or other applicable government agencies are going to do wouldn't even be posting on here anyway. The poster was correct who said this thread has turned into a gloom and doom thread.
    Exactly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I hear you. And appreciate it I guess. I have used your stats and graphs to keep up with some stuff because like I've said, you have been consistent. No clue on the accuracy of everything and I'm not trying to determine that or deny that.

It's just the amount of info and misinformation is the scary part of all of this. Not the virus itself (For me personally at least). I'm just wary to post stuff or even quote stuff with friends and co-workers with so much uncertainty. Not trying to convince you do to otherwise. I'm just not confident enough in any of this to try to depend on what one group or expert says. And I doubt any experts would claim complete certainty either.

It is what it is, carry on. I just can't completely buy into everything while using those countries as our metric to compare to. I understand you keeping up with that certainly though.
    This. There's just to much coming from both sides to know what is accurate and I'm not sure that anyone knows anything for a certaintity anyway. I'm fortunate that in my business I have a lot of contact with doctors, nurses and admins who I can talk to and get good info from.

vCash
    I really like worldometers.info but I wish that they would let us see graphs for each individual states. It would probably be a lot of work but I'd like to look at the historical trends. I think Washington State's quarantine effectiveness is starting to show up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    My bad for the speculation. Seriously.

But regarding the other stuff -- it's a pandemic, people are getting infected and dying in increasing numbers every day. Of course it's a gloom and doom thread. There's very little good news. Should we talk about how West Virginia is last in the country in infections? There's a place in the Pacific Ocean that hasn't been hit yet?

vCash

But regarding the other stuff -- it's a pandemic, people are getting infected and dying in increasing numbers every day. Of course it's a gloom and doom thread. There's very little good news. Should we talk about how West Virginia is last in the country in infections? There's a place in the Pacific Ocean that hasn't been hit yet?

Maybe just less trying to convince and just leaving it at updating. At this point, most people have drawn their line. Right or wrong.

I mean you're in Chunky, go float the river in seclusion and enjoy the outdoors. Chunky is a good place to be when it comes to population density.

vCash

For the record, I don't mind speculation. I do think its important to make it clear when you're speculating and when you're stating facts (the universal you, not you in particular). If this thread is for nothing but updating statistics, then we might as well delete the thread and put a link to some websites with good reliable stats at the top of the page.

And I say that as someone who disagrees with you about whether or not we're headed towards an Italian sized mortality rate.
    Far Moorhead yaw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Look...no one said emptying out bed pans wasn't a noble profession...thank you for your bravery**
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Speaking as someone who DOES work in healthcare... the guy Beardo responded to definitely doesn't actually do anything healthcare related. He probably works as a janitor/maintenance in a hospital and calls that healthcare. No way he's "on the front lines". (For the record, I'm not either.)
    I'm an RN and emptying bed pans is one of the many things that I do.

@Dantheman4248 how in the world are you going to act like you "definitely" know what I do? You don't know me. That comment just tells me what a piece of trash you are.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post

@Dantheman4248 how in the world are you going to act like you "definitely" know what I do? You don't know me. That comment just tells me what a piece of trash you are.
    Because if you did you'd have a clue. Congratulations on being the unicorn healthcare worker downplaying this pandemic. To quote Ron Burgundy, "I don't believe you." Guessing by your board reputation, others don't care for you either. Might be the oldest red account I've seen other than 34.

vCash

As I said to someone else, it was a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    For the record, I don't mind speculation. I do think its important to make it clear when you're speculating and when you're stating facts (the universal you, not you in particular). If this thread is for nothing but updating statistics, then we might as well delete the thread and put a link to some websites with good reliable stats at the top of the page.

And I say that as someone who disagrees with you about whether or not we're headed towards an Italian sized mortality rate.
    Yeah, I did say "I imagine ours is coming this week"

Thought it was clear that I was speculating.

vCash
    Because if you did you'd have a clue. Congratulations on being the unicorn healthcare worker downplaying this pandemic. To quote Ron Burgundy, "I don't believe you." Guessing by your board reputation, others don't care for you either. Might be the oldest red account I've seen other than 34.
    I'm sorry then what is it that you do in healthcare? You mentioned you worked in it. I also know many other nurses that are of the same opinion as I. I know many that think this is the end of the world and many in between. You speak in broad generalities. "Guessing by your board reputation, others don't care for you either." Another trash comment by a trash person. I've read a lot of your comments to catch up to speed on this board and you have quite the habit of attacking people. I also don't care if you believe me or not but you "definitely" don't know anything about me.

vCash
    Yeah, I did say "I imagine ours is coming this week"

Thought it was clear that I was speculating.
    In my book that's clear. "I think", "I feel", "I imagine", "I assume", I'm afraid that" are all pretty clear intro's to speculation to me. I'm sure there's others too
    Far Moorhead yaw

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    The issue is there will be a corupt group regardless of the structure of govt. Our's just happens to limit it to a degree. We certainly aren't as bad off as China or Russia are. Another issue with Uni Healthcare is someone has to pay for it somewhere. If the govt is paying for it it will look just like the VA hospitals do.

If you haven't read up on VA hospitals I would suggest you take a look. It is awful. Patients aren't getting seen, appointments are delayed sometimes by months. People have died waiting to actually get something done at VA hospitals. Because anytime you are talking about a govt. run program bureaucracy will take over.

Look at the DMV, is that what you want to experience when you visit a hospital?

I agree there are things we should be doing or could be doing but Universal Healthcare isn't going to solve the poverty issue.
    These are all fair points. My rebuttal to china and russia is that canada and europe seem to have certain aspects of the healthcare figured out that we don't. The VA hospitals man... just an absolute travesty.

I don't think UH or UBI are a magic cure-all. And I agree that bureaucracy destroys it. It's absolutely mindnumbing to see people wanting to go backwards however. And I still believe we gotta try. There's no perfect solution path (anyone who says there is, is lying.) But there's definitely steps better than we got. As for the hospitals being the DMV, I mean for a lot of people it can be, even in the ER. Not VA level bad, but it's gotten pretty bad.

Sidenote: We could all (myself included) take a lesson from this post. This is how we should be discussing things. Together not against.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm sorry then what is it that you do in healthcare? You mentioned you worked in it. I also know many other nurses that are of the same opinion as I. I know many that think this is the end of the world and many in between. You speak in broad generalities. "Guessing by your board reputation, others don't care for you either." Another trash comment by a trash person. I've read a lot of your comments to catch up to speed on this board and you have quite the habit of attacking people. I also don't care if you believe me or not but you "definitely" don't know anything about me.
    You entered this thread assuming things about people you don't know and claiming they get their sources from one certain area just because they dared speak ill of your leader. Now that someone else assumes things about you based on your comments, they are trash.

Buddy... have some self awareness at least. You're showing no awareness at either a self or worldly level. Quite amazing honestly.

vCash
    You entered this thread assuming things about people you don't know and claiming they get their sources from one certain area just because they dared speak ill of your leader. Now that someone else assumes things about you based on your comments, they are trash.

Buddy... have some self awareness at least. You're showing no awareness at either a self or worldly level. Quite amazing honestly.
    The comment you're referring to I used the language "highly likely" that people were getting their info from those places. That's very different from using definite language like here:

"Speaking as someone who DOES work in healthcare... the guy Beardo responded to definitely doesn't actually do anything healthcare related. He probably works as a janitor/maintenance in a hospital and calls that healthcare. No way he's "on the front lines". (For the record, I'm not either.)"

President Trump is also your leader whether you like him or not. I called you trash because you treated me as trash from the get-go and not only announced I'm definitely not in healthcare but that I'm probably a janitor. Who in the world says things like that?

BTW I'm still waiting on your answer as to what it is you actually do in healthcare.