Page 10 of 274 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Tracking the cases is tricky. Many areas are not testing so not showing up. Also many areas don't have as much people movement to spread virus on a global scale. This is why US is so vulnerable as well as all developed countries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Better to stash gold / precious metals imo. The value of a dollar is fluid. Metals and materials keep going up.
    Except that gold has been falling like a rock for several days now. Not sure why. Still searching for that reason.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    We can debate fatality rates for days, but if you want to know how bad this could get if we don’t take it seriously or we can’t get enough test kits (which we’re not), all you have to do is look at Italy. Those doctors and nurses will be carrying scars for years from having to decide who to treat and who not to treat. I wouldn’t wish that on anybody.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash

Crazy how it really stings places like Italy, and then this place pretty much goes unscathed. Wish there were more data on age, sex, healthy/unhealthy on the cases

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Based on what? It started in China in January, and nowhere close to 33% of the Chinese have it. In fact, not even close to 1% have it

There are ~ 330 million Americans, so you predict 110 million get it, and 3.3 million Americans die?
    Not saying any of the numbers are correct but I don't believe anything out of China or Russia. Neither are truthful about anything.

vCash
    Newfoundland and Labrador has a case, Christ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Not saying any of the numbers are correct but I don't believe anything out of China or Russia. Neither are truthful about anything.
    So you believe what comes out of US media LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    China also had the military patrolling the streets of Wuhan and surrounding area to keep people locked in their homes for the last 2 months.

Baffles my mind people make comments like "only 17000 cases in Italy and it's like the flu, big whoop", well it's only not 100x that cause people are locked in their homes. And at this point if we don't do the same we are ****ed.
    Last edited by dawgs; 03-15-2020 at 12:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    China also had the military patrolling the streets of Wuhan and surrounding area to keep people locked in their homes for the last 2 months.
    First cases there were mid-November though, so that's 2 months with no quarantine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    First cases there were mid-November though, so that's 2 months with no quarantine
    And as said above, wouldn't trust any numbers out of China.

vCash
    Back in January, I have a friend that had a terrible cough for over a week and felt really tired for days. My friend went to the DR. No flu. No strep. The Dr said sinus infection. My friend didn't have a fever. But they had a terrible cough. Crazy bad cough. Anyway, I've was around this person everyday during this Illness. I've experience no symptoms. So maybe it just was a sinus infection but.... who knows now.

vCash
    It hasn't been around since October. You can effectively date the first appearance in humans through mutations. The mutations line up with the first patient in Wuhan in late November / early December.

But I do think it's fair for you to theorize about your illnesses from that point on. Would not shock me in the least if it's been going around undetected for a while.

vCash
    Some other news: an older Japanese man who was infected on the Diamond Princess cruise, who later recovered and tested negative, has tested positive for a second time. So it appears you can get infected more than once. The virus has already mutated into two separate strains, so it's also possible he was infected by one and then later infected by the other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yes it's been being talked about for the last couple of weeks that this has been here since around October. My wife, my boss, and multiple friends had illnesses in November and December that had the symptoms being described now. All were tested for flu and strep and was negative. All were told just viral infection of some type treated with steroids and other meds took them all about 2 weeks to fully recover. When I'm in Birmingham next week I plan on asking the drs, nurses and healthcare admins that I see their opinion.
    Recently, Opthamologists have been warmed that as people show up at their office with Conjunctivitis (pinkeye) to be vigilant of the possibility of it being a symptom of Covid 19. I am aware that Conjunctivitis can sometimes accompany other respiratory viruses but I've had a number over the years and never had pinkeye. I got very sick in Nov. (much as you described...but not the flu) and it was accompanied by pinkeye. If you read this...throw this in the mix.

vCash
    Just saw where a bunch of fake tests were seized at LAX. I can't tell you how badly I want to take the assholes that were trying to get these in the country to rip people off and stake them on the biggest fire ant hill I can find.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Recently, Opthamologists have been warmed that as people show up at their office with Conjunctivitis (pinkeye) to be vigilant of the possibility of it being a symptom of Covid 19. I am aware that Conjunctivitis can sometimes accompany other respiratory viruses but I've had a number over the years and never had pinkeye. I got very sick in Nov. (much as you described...but not the flu) and it was accompanied by pinkeye. If you read this...throw this in the mix.
    Will do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Some other news: an older Japanese man who was infected on the Diamond Princess cruise, who later recovered and tested negative, has tested positive for a second time. So it appears you can get infected more than once. The virus has already mutated into two separate strains, so it's also possible he was infected by one and then later infected by the other.
    Where are you getting the info that it has mutated into two strains? That would be an exceptionally fast mutation. Almost unprecedented.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Back in January, I have a friend that had a terrible cough for over a week and felt really tired for days. My friend went to the DR. No flu. No strep. The Dr said sinus infection. My friend didn't have a fever. But they had a terrible cough. Crazy bad cough. Anyway, I've was around this person everyday during this Illness. I've experience no symptoms. So maybe it just was a sinus infection but.... who knows now.
    I know multiple people that had flu symptoms and bad cough that tested neg for both flu types multiple times. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the had this two months ago.

vCash
    Reference the earlier comment on gold, silver still going down.... When a market participant needs liquidity they will sell everything not nailed down. This is indicative of a true bear market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Where are you getting the info that it has mutated into two strains? That would be an exceptionally fast mutation. Almost unprecedented.
    Academic source:
    https://academic.oup.com/nsr/advance...searchresult=1

News outlets:
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/scient...ry?id=69391954
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...e-more-deadly/