Page 249 of 274 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    I will be more than willing to take the vaccine. Further, should I contract COVID, I will take HDC IF MY PHYSICIAN believes it is a viable course of treatment. However, I am not going to insist or imply to said physician that I believe it is the best option simply because the HDC cult is pushing it. The whole argument and conspiracy theory regarding HDC is insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Am I wrong, or does that look significnalty different than what MSDH is posting?

ETA: I looked at the daily deaths and it doesn't look the same and not close enough that it could just be based on presentation/design of the graphs. I'm guessing this source isn't trying to tie deaths to actual date of death but is just posting the date deaths are reported, so their seven day average is going to be misleading the way we are going back and adding new covid deaths from birth certificates and reporting those.
    Exactly. We added 23 additional deaths today from past death certificates and called them "new" deaths. They should be called additional deaths and attributed to the day the person died, not today. It distorts the current situation.

vCash
    Japan and Australia set records today in new cases. European countries seem to be trending back up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I guess so. Maybe they are studying that now, but its not routine to throw zinc around as a treatment, especially in hospitalized patients. Its a common ingredient in some over the counter cold remedies so I suspect much more routinely given to milder outpatient cases (which is what those doctors in the video were probably treating more routinely). I'm not sure its some sort of miracle ingredient, maybe some studies will figure it out but its nothing more than a hypothesis at this point.
    I'm no expert either, for sure. The experts that I have heard talk about it say that it will not work without zinc, though. Somehow the zinc allows something or another to happen or absorb something. Hopefully, you get my drift. So, from my understanding, it will not work without zinc, and it probably won't bring somebody on death's door back to life even with zinc. That's how these "trials" have been conducted. Whether it's the "cure" or not, it's sad that this possible game changer has been politicized.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    I will be more than willing to take the vaccine. Further, should I contract COVID, I will take HDC IF MY PHYSICIAN believes it is a viable course of treatment. However, I am not going to insist or imply to said physician that I believe it is the best option simply because the HDC cult is pushing it. The whole argument and conspiracy theory regarding HDC is insane.
    Would you still call it a "conspiracy theory" if it turned out to be true? Do you still call Epstein being a pedophile and owning an island for said pedophilia to be a "conspiracy theory?"

vCash
    Texas with back-to-back 300+ deaths days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Texas with back-to-back 300+ deaths days.
    It's cases are falling now over the last ten days though after peaking two weeks ago. Should be a good sign

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It's cases are falling now over the last ten days though after peaking two weeks ago. Should be a good sign
    Cases dropping is certainly a good sign. Hopefully the deaths start coming down soon.

vCash
    I may be 6'5" but I'm now identifying as 5'8".

https://www.fox13news.com/news/talle...fry1r-J7z33n5Q

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post

Basketball called off**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post

Lol.

vCash
    National 7 day case average drops again today. Fallin fallin fallin
    Keep those numbers fallin
    Soon we will be ballin

vCash
    National 7 day case average drops again today. Fallin fallin fallin
    Keep those numbers fallin
    Soon we will be ballin
    make it into a haiku, and I'll be impressed**

vCash
    https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static...rces/10032.pdf

Good site on ms dept of health website about hospital usage. Shows daily number of confirmed covid admissions, daily number of suspected covid admissions, both of which are down from mid July.
    And icu bed usage and icu bed availability. Right now 83% of our icu beds are being used and 17% are available.

vCash
    Right now 83% of our icu beds are being used and 17% are available.
    How typical is that for this time of year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    How typical is that for this time of year?
    The numbers I have heard are 60-85% full in summer and around 95-100% during cold and flu season. And I mean I literally heard that in a conversation. No clue if the guy knew what he was talking about or if he was talking about a particuladr hospital or hospitals in general.

vCash
    The numbers I have heard are 60-85% full in summer and around 95-100% during cold and flu season. And I mean I literally heard that in a conversation. No clue if the guy knew what he was talking about or if he was talking about a particuladr hospital or hospitals in general.
    That’s what we were told this past week. Your numbers line up with what I heard but it can vary pretty widely from region to region.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Japan and Australia set records today in new cases. European countries seem to be trending back up.
    Isn't Australia in their winter season? I wonder if that has something to do with the spread there, since they can limit travel rather easily and reduce exposures.

I thought I had read where the optimal temperature for spread was something like 11 degrees Celsius (or around 50 degrees Fahrenheit). I get Johnson85's take on AC when temps are high, but I'm still concerned about when flu season hits - how are we going to tell the difference between the two?

10 days ago - you were saying "what about deaths"; now that deaths are peaking - the narrative is about cases dropping. I think its been proven in this thread that case numbers don't matter. I think we're too far gone to contain it anyway. It appears that healthcare has been able to manage the load in the most recent "hot spots", but as I just stated - Fall concerns me greatly when temps. start to lower.

This is the percentage that I remember the last time the topic was raised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Isn't Australia in their winter season? I wonder if that has something to do with the spread there, since they can limit travel rather easily and reduce exposures.

I thought I had read where the optimal temperature for spread was something like 11 degrees Celsius (or around 50 degrees Fahrenheit). I get Johnson85's take on AC when temps are high, but I'm still concerned about when flu season hits - how are we going to tell the difference between the two?

10 days ago - you were saying "what about deaths"; now that deaths are peaking - the narrative is about cases dropping. I think its been proven in this thread that case numbers don't matter. I think we're too far gone to contain it anyway. It appears that healthcare has been able to manage the load in the most recent "hot spots", but as I just stated - Fall concerns me greatly when temps. start to lower.

This is the percentage that I remember the last time the topic was raised.
    Not sure about Australia... could be.

I wouldn't say deaths are peaking.. rising, but peak was a while back. Hell, NY alone was topping our 7-day avg for awhile

vCash
    Spain back over 3000 new cases today. Highest total since May 11