Page 246 of 274 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    And this is the person being platformed by POTUS and his minions, and defended here. Tarantino couldn't write a script this good. It's like we're literally living in Idiocracy.

We have a toddler who is a fool for a president. We're a laughingstock in the world and banned from entry into Canada and Europe. It takes extreme cognitive dissonance to continue to support this fiasco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Yeah, this one is beyond belief. I can perhaps see him supporting her at first (but should vet everybody) but not defend her after her qualifications came out.
    Exactly. And that's the case for anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Is it just me or does she resemble Esther Rolle from Good Times? Speaking of Incubus, are they still touring?
    Absolutely. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    1505 new cases today. We need to do something different. What should we do differently? I have no idea, but what we are doing now is obviously not working.
    Not to mention, we have the highest test positive % in the country right now. In other words, we're missing more cases than any other state.

But I noticed something today while on a road trip with my daughter. Almost everybody I saw in Washington County was wearing masks. As soon as I crossed the river into Arkansas, nobody was wearing them. Arkansas even has a statewide mandate.
    Last edited by hacker; 07-29-2020 at 08:00 PM.

vCash
    Dawg2003, I concur.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Not to mention, we have the highest test positive % in the country right now. In other words, we're missing more cases than any other state.

But I noticed something today while on a road trip with my daughter. Almost everybody I saw in Washington County was wearing masks. As soon as I crossed the river into Arkansas, nobody was wearing them. Arkansas even has a statewide mandate.
    Not sure what the testing requirements are every where in the state, but I know the Choctaw Indians had a radio ad saying you have to referred to get tested. Is it still a requirement for most that you show symptoms to be tested?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not sure what the testing requirements are every where in the state, but I know the Choctaw Indians had a radio ad saying you have to referred to get tested. Is it still a requirement for most that you show symptoms to be tested?
    Not in Madison. Anybody who wants a test can get one. Had a coworker get tested today and got results back tonight.

vCash
    CDC Director Says There are More Suicides and Overdoses than COVID Deaths

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/micael...eaths-n2573278

vCash
    7 day case average falls again after today. Good progress.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    CDC Director Says There are More Suicides and Overdoses than COVID Deaths

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/micael...eaths-n2573278
    He seems to be talking about the current suicide and overdose rate among high-school-age kids compared to the COVID mortality rate among that same age group, right? The article's not super clear, but that's what I gather. It opens with the statement that the CDC director contends that "suicides and drug overdoses have surpassed the death rate for COVID-19 among high school students," which seems simple enough. But then later on, after noting that there aren't current stats available for this stuff, it gives anecdotal evidence from a few random cities. But then it also notes that combined suicides and overdoses for all age groups for the entire country in 2018 or 2019 totaled roughly 120,000, which is obviously less than five months worth of COVID fatalities.

So yeah, not sure what's what with that piece. General point about the need to address psychological issues resulting from quarantining, distancing, and the like seems fair enough, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    He seems to be talking about the current suicide and overdose rate among high-school-age kids compared to the COVID mortality rate among that same age group, right? The article's not super clear, but that's what I gather. It opens with the statement that the CDC director contends that "suicides and drug overdoses have surpassed the death rate for COVID-19 among high school students," which seems simple enough. But then later on, after noting that there aren't current stats available for this stuff, it gives anecdotal evidence from a few random cities. But then it also notes that combined suicides and overdoses for all age groups for the entire country in 2018 or 2019 totaled roughly 120,000, which is obviously less than five months worth of COVID fatalities.

So yeah, not sure what's what with that piece. General point about the need to address psychological issues resulting from quarantining, distancing, and the like seems fair enough, though.
    This was a direct quote though, and I think it's one of the reasons the CDC wants kids in school...

"But there has been another cost that we?ve seen, particularly in high schools," Redfield said. "We?re seeing, sadly, far greater suicides now than we are deaths from COVID. We?re seeing far greater deaths from drug overdose that are above excess that we had as background than we are seeing the deaths from COVID. So this is why I keep coming back for the overall social being of individuals, is let?s all work together and find out how we can find common ground to get these schools open in a way that people are comfortable and their safe."
    Last edited by msstate7; 07-30-2020 at 05:45 AM.

vCash
    If we're worried about kids' mental health, I don't think sending kids back to in-person school in this climate is going to help. They're gonna be constantly worried about getting sick or bringing it home to their family. They're gonna see teachers get sick and possibly die. They're gonna see classmates get sick and possibly die. They'll constantly wonder when it's going to happen to them.

It's like Redfield's teetering on the edge of understanding that, but not quite there. Or maybe he does understand but since he's Trump's boy he's just gonna keep filling the airwaves with bullshit for who knows what reason.

'Science should not stand in the way' of schools reopening, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany says.

Infuriating.

vCash
    If we're worried about kids' mental health, I don't think sending kids back to in-person school in this climate is going to help. They're gonna be constantly worried about getting sick or bringing it home to their family. They're gonna see teachers get sick and possibly die. They're gonna see classmates get sick and possibly die. They'll constantly wonder when it's going to happen to them.
    That's your thinking not what they are thinking. Children are not getting sick from this. They may get it but are not getting sick, and especially not dying from it. They are not worrying about transferring it unless you scare them with your agenda.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 07-30-2020 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    That's your thinking not what they are thinking. Children are not getting sick from this. They may get it but are not getting sick, and especially not dying from it. They are not worrying about transferring it unless you scare them with your agenda.
    They are getting sick, they are being hospitalized, and they are dying. The probability is very low, but it's happening. It's been happening without them being in school. Now imagine a bunch of kids in a classroom all day. That's only going to make it worse.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ay/5535813002/
    https://www.nwahomepage.com/knwa/fir...complications/
    https://local12.com/news/nation-worl...-into-hospital
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...i34-story.html
    https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...243591547.html

Do you have a child? Do you look forward to sending him or her into a situation that even has a remote possibility of ending up with your kid hospitalized or dead? I sure don't.
    Last edited by hacker; 07-30-2020 at 06:57 AM.

vCash

Do you have a child? Do you look forward to sending him or her into a situation that even has a remote possibility of ending up with your kid hospitalized or dead? I sure don't.
    So you don't send your kids to school during flu season? Let them ride in cars? Let them swim? All have the same remote possibility, even higher actually.

vCash
    So, of the 1500 or so cases yesterday, over 500 of them were prison inmates and LTC patients.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    So you don't send your kids to school during flu season? Let them ride in cars? Let them swim? All have the same remote possibility, even higher actually.
    That's a good point, but to me, those things are different. I grew up with those risks. It's normalized. They're also well-researched and we know a lot about them. We have flu vaccines, tamiflu, seatbelts, airbags, safety jackets, etc.

Covid is additional risk that we don't know a lot about and we definitely don't have a vaccine or tamiflu equivalent yet.

Am I still going to send my daughter to school? Yes. Do I think it's dumb to have in-person classes this semester? Also, yes.

vCash
    I've not seen a single district that didn't offer a virtual option.

vCash

It's like Redfield's teetering on the edge of understanding that, but not quite there. Or maybe he does understand but since he's Trump's boy he's just gonna keep filling the airwaves with bullshit for who knows what reason.

'Science should not stand in the way' of schools reopening, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany says.

Infuriating.
    Talk about misinformation...

vCash
    Reported this morning that Herman Cain passed away from COVID.