Page 242 of 274 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...hloroquine-and

I guess this is just more "deep state" noise...

But yeah, believe the Nigerian "doctor"/prosperity-gospel minister/crazy person...I'm sure she knows best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

But yeah, believe the Nigerian "doctor"/prosperity-gospel minister/crazy person...I'm sure she knows best.
    I have no idea what to believe on this drug. Dr. Harvey Risch, a professor of epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health and Yale School of Medicine seems like a credible guy though, and he doesn't think this drug is dangerous.

https://republicanfreedom.com/2020/0...ism-ludicrous/

And I know the site is sketchy, but it provides direct quotes.

vCash

I don't think it is deep state. I think there is no money to be earned by using it for the drug companies. Most politicians in Washington have Foundations that these companies donate to. They are legal and are run by the wives and children of the politician. They can be paid any amount of salary from the foundation as the foundations want to pay them. the drug companies cannot legally talk to the politicians but they can donate to the foundation and tell the wife what they wish the politician would do. It is a legal bribe and it is why we are all screwed no matter if you are Republican or Democrat. They preach what you want to hear and what they believe but if they have to act on it and it is going to cost them money they will not act on it. They are all going to protect what is theirs.

I don't know if that makes sense or not.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 07-28-2020 at 09:28 AM.

vCash

vCash
    Re: Stella Immanuel, "Demon Sperm" is trending on Twitter this morning, lol.

vCash
    7 day case average has been flat now for 10 days. Good sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Love the black Nigerian lady doc who rips a new asshole to the fake narrative the "Orange Man Bad" crowd is pushing/spreading.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...tion-campaign/

ETA: Fauci been telling everyone mostly the opposite of all of this. And IMO he's known the whole freakin time. What a fraud he is.
    Why do you believe this so easily? Most everyone that was dying in New York was getting this combo. There is no magic cure.

vCash
    The bottom line is this and this alone: If it worked everyone in the whole world would be using it. They aren't. It just doesn't work. That has been proven by sound studies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The bottom line is this and this alone: If it worked everyone in the whole world would be using it. They aren't. It just doesn't work. That has been proven by sound studies.
    Maybe it works for some and not others? There have been people who took it and got better. Maybe that is a coincidence, but try telling them that.

vCash
    The issue is that most people recover from covid with no medication, so you have no clue if hydroxychloroquine is the reason they got better. It's more likely the person recovered on their own. That doctor is some kind of witch doctor though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    The issue is that most people recover from covid with no medication, so you have no clue if hydroxychloroquine is the reason they got better. It's more likely the person recovered on their own. That doctor is some kind of witch doctor though.
    Well it was pulled for being "dangerous", right? It does seem odd that a drug that's been around as long as hydroxychloroquine is now considered dangerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well it was pulled for being "dangerous", right? It does seem odd that a drug that's been around as long as hydroxychloroquine is now considered dangerous.
    It's meant to treat MALARIA. That's it's purpose.

vCash
    The side effects are rare but severe. Blindness and lethal arrhythmias are two that come to mind. If it doesn't work, even one person with a severe side effect is too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Maybe it works for some and not others? There have been people who took it and got better. Maybe that is a coincidence, but try telling them that.
    But it doesn't. In every age group, in every use, it was either no better than not giving it, or in some groups, caused earlier and longer ventilator usage with the same survival rate.

vCash
    But it's better than getting Malaria.... Because it helps you not get malaria.

For Covid, it might make you be on a ventilator longer, puts you at risk of the other bad side affects, and that's it. It doesn't help.

vCash
    Why all the angst regarding hudroxychlorquine? Should I contract COVID 19 and my physician advises me to take it, I will. I will not, however, ask him or her to prescribe it because because the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave is pimping it. The sickening political debate regarding this drug is maddening.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    My dad sent me a link a the Journal of the American Medical Association's comprehensive review of COVID a couple of weeks back, and I meant to toss a link in this thread so that y'all could check it out if you hadn't yet. My bad. Here's the link:

Pathophysiology, Transmission, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019

It's dated July 10 so I imagine there are some points that need updating. Still, it's a really good overview. Plus, if you tinker with the window on the right side of the page, you can check out cool infographics and illustrations, like this bad boy:

Science!

Oh, and re: y'all's hydroxychloroquine discussion, here's where stuff stood as of July 10 per the "Treatment" section of the JAMA article (sans the dozen footnotes that are in the paragraph in the article):

More than 200 trials of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine, compounds that inhibit viral entry and endocytosis of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro and may have beneficial immunomodulatory effects in vivo, have been initiated, but early data from clinical trials in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 have not demonstrated clear benefit. A clinical trial of 150 patients in China admitted to the hospital for mild to moderate COVID-19 did not find an effect on negative conversion of SARS-CoV-2 by 28 days (the main outcome measure) when compared with standard of care alone. Two retrospective studies found no effect of hydroxychloroquine on risk of intubation or mortality among patients hospitalized for COVID-19. One of these retrospective multicenter cohort studies compared in-hospital mortality between those treated with hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin (735 patients), hydroxychloroquine alone (271 patients), azithromycin alone (211 patients), and neither drug (221 patients), but reported no differences across the groups. Adverse effects are common, most notably QT prolongation with an increased risk of cardiac complications in an already vulnerable population. These findings do not support off-label use of (hydroxy)chloroquine either with or without the coadministration of azithromycin. Randomized clinical trials are ongoing and should provide more guidance.
    Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 07-28-2020 at 01:32 PM.

vCash
    It's meant to treat MALARIA. That's it's purpose.
    And as a daily medication for lupus. I have a friend that's been on it daily for many years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    The side effects are rare but severe. Blindness and lethal arrhythmias are two that come to mind. If it doesn't work, even one person with a severe side effect is too much.

Oh my Gosh, have you heard the serious side-effects of half of the drugs advertised on TV these days? The side-effects are worse than the damn condition/disease they are trying to treat. I am listing 3 common drugs advertised on TV below.

HUMIRA can cause serious side effects, including:
    Serious infections.
    Hepatitis B infection in carriers of the virus.
    Allergic reactions.
    Nervous system problems.
    Blood problems (decreased blood cells that help fight infections or stop bleeding).
    Heart failure (new or worsening)
    And more!

Xeljanz side-effects include upper respiratory tract infection
    cold-like symptoms
    diarrhea
    rash
    \herpes zoster infection (shingles)
    headache.
    serious infections
    cancer
    blood clots
    and death.

ELIQUIS can cause bleeding
    Unexpected bleeding or bleeding that lasts a long time, such as:
    Unusual bleeding from the gums
    Nosebleeds that happen often
    Menstrual or ******l bleeding that is heavier than normal
    Bleeding that is severe or you cannot control
    Red, pink, or brown urine
    Red or black stools (looks like tar)
    Coughing up or vomiting blood
    Vomit that looks like coffee grounds
    Unexpected pain,
    swelling, or joint pain
    Headaches
    Feeling dizzy or weak
    Tingling
    Numbness
    Muscle weakness
    Sudden chest pain or
    chest tightness
    Sudden swelling of your face or tongue
    Trouble breathing
    Wheezing
    Feeling dizzy or faint

And you are now going to complain about a drug (hydroxychloroquine ) that has been around for decades? Complain about the others while you are at it. Don't be selective! That is discrimination you know!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Oh my Gosh, have you heard the serious side-effects of half of the drugs advertised on TV these days? The side-effects are worse than the damn condition/disease they are trying to treat. I am listing 3 common drugs advertised on TV below.

HUMIRA can cause serious side effects, including:
    Serious infections.
    Hepatitis B infection in carriers of the virus.
    Allergic reactions.
    Nervous system problems.
    Blood problems (decreased blood cells that help fight infections or stop bleeding).
    Heart failure (new or worsening)
    And more!

Xeljanz side-effects include upper respiratory tract infection
    cold-like symptoms
    diarrhea
    rash
    \herpes zoster infection (shingles)
    headache.
    serious infections
    cancer
    blood clots
    and death.

ELIQUIS can cause bleeding
    Unexpected bleeding or bleeding that lasts a long time, such as:
    Unusual bleeding from the gums
    Nosebleeds that happen often
    Menstrual or ******l bleeding that is heavier than normal
    Bleeding that is severe or you cannot control
    Red, pink, or brown urine
    Red or black stools (looks like tar)
    Coughing up or vomiting blood
    Vomit that looks like coffee grounds
    Unexpected pain,
    swelling, or joint pain
    Headaches
    Feeling dizzy or weak
    Tingling
    Numbness
    Muscle weakness
    Sudden chest pain or
    chest tightness
    Sudden swelling of your face or tongue
    Trouble breathing
    Wheezing
    Feeling dizzy or faint

And you are now going to complain about a drug (hydroxychloroquine ) that has been around for decades? Complain about the others while you are at it. Don't be selective! That is discrimination you know!!
    You sound confused and unable to understand the issue. All medications have side effects, and there's always a trade off for taking a medication. The problem comes in when the medication doesn't treat the condition, and you're not getting a benefit in exchange for the possible side effect. Or if the medication's side effects are life threatening to certain people in a trial.