Page 233 of 274 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    In certain situations in MS, a LTC resident, who tests positive, can be safely isolated, and even treated in the LTC facility, if the facility has the means to do so and it is approved by the MSDH. I know this for a fact.
    No they really can't. Their isolating is putting them in a different area of the LTC facility or sending them to the hospital. It's spreading through ventilation systems and workers. And after the patients beat Covid, they're sent right back in, even when the virus lingers in them. Once someone contracts it, it's too late. I saw one home put all their Covid patients in a separate wing. They claimed isolation. Then, 3 months later, almost the entire place had it.
    Saw another that kept it out for almost three months. Then one person got sick, was moved to a hospital, but the whole facility blew up anyway.

vCash
    If you don't have HEPA filters, you can't isolate them properly.

vCash
    I think it's worth noting that 3 day average of LTC deaths as a percentage of total deaths has fallen from ~70% in early May to ~40% now.

vCash
    That's bc the rest of the states didn't follow NY and NJ, thank goodness.

But yea, my roughly 50% language was about MS, not the nation as a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    If you don't have HEPA filters, you can't isolate them properly.
    Hepa alone will not stop it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    That's bc the rest of the states didn't follow NY and NJ, thank goodness.

But yea, my roughly 50% language was about MS, not the nation as a whole.
    I'm also referring to MS only

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I'm also referring to MS only
    Ahh, got ya. Yea that ltc number is one that I look at daily. Def less than there were in April.

vCash
    CDC acknowledges mixing up coronavirus testing data

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar....co/rPWkzwwGee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Insert "yeah, but..." link here

vCash

Not only that but hospitals retest in care patients every two weeks and then every week after a certain time limit. As long as the patient tests positive they are counted as a “new positive test” that day. I know for a fact that our local hospital has no way to differentiate in reporting between an actual new patient that just walked through the door and tested positive and a patient who has been there for 3 weeks and is still testing positive. They are all reported out in number of new positive tests for the day.

It’s an information mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Not only that but hospitals retest in care patients every two weeks and then every week after a certain time limit. As long as the patient tests positive they are counted as a “new positive test” that day. I know for a fact that our local hospital has no way to differentiate in reporting between an actual new patient that just walked through the door and tested positive and a patient who has been there for 3 weeks and is still testing positive. They are all reported out in number of new positive tests for the day.

Somebody should call Dobbs on the carpet then. Bc he said this week in a presser that if you test positive once none of your subsequent positive tests are counted. Of course our media is garbage so nobody asked him how in the world you could distinguish the two.

vCash
    Somebody should call Dobbs on the carpet then. Bc he said this week in a presser that if you test positive once none of your subsequent positive tests are counted. Of course our media is garbage so nobody asked him how in the world you could distinguish the two.
    Maybe they fixed it then. This was about two weeks ago that I discovered that.

vCash
    Are antibody positives still counting as new cases?

vCash
    Are antibody positives still counting as new cases?
    Yes. According to Dobbs. But he says the antibody positives are only a small amount of the overall positives. That number use to be in the MSDH website daily updates, but I don't see it anymore.

vCash
    Yes. According to Dobbs. But he says the antibody positives are only a small amount of the overall positives. That number use to be in the MSDH website daily updates, but I don't see it anymore.
    That's BS. Even if it's just 10 of the 30+k cases, it should be separated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Insert "yeah, but..." link here
    Just another flu season in July! I can't believe that testing is causing a rural system to send their patients 3 hours away since their normal referral hospitals are full!***

https://tippahnews.com/2020/07/18/mi...sfer-patients/

Below is a message from our Hospital Administrator Sydney Sawyer from Lackey Memorial Hospital in Forest:

Everyone please stay vigilant. As most of you know , I am an RN and the CEO of a small rural hospital, I have dealt with infection control for 25 years or so.

I have no reason other than concern for encouraging you to wear your mask.

We are now not able to transfer patients to the normal tertiary facilities that we always use.

Their ICUs are full and this is July! Wait until flu hits. We are in Forest Mississippi and we are having to transfer the seriously ill to places as far away as Tupelo.

vCash

NOPE.

vCash
    Coronavirus: Fishermen test positive despite spending 35 days at sea and testing negative before they left

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-f...232641456.html

vCash
    Maybe they fixed it then. This was about two weeks ago that I discovered that.
    I think you are correct. Multiple healthcare prof tell me that there are double counters bc there is no database that can efficiently and effectively cross checking new cases to ensure that person has not been listed as a positive case previously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    NOPE.
    Well, according to the director of our local rather large hospital about three weeks ago. You could count them separately but you couldn’t report them separately to the state at the time.

But maybe he didn’t know what he was talking about******