Page 218 of 274 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said a public health order will be issued Tuesday that will restrict elective procedures in Hinds, Rankin, Madison, Forest, Jones and Washington counties. The order goes into effect Thursday.

Dobbs said the hospitals are running out of ICU beds.

“My greatest fear is starting to be realized,” Dobbs said about the growing number of COVID-19 patients in hospital beds.

“It’s dangerous to violate the social distancing rules, which a lot of people are doing,” Dobbs said. “You can’t put a lot of people together in the worst pandemic in history and expect nothing to happen. It’s just insane.”

Lol, I think commerce needs to email Dr. Dobbs and reassure him that nobody he knows is freaking out. Maybe it'll calm him down a bit.

vCash
    90% of ICU beds in Texas are non Covid related.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Lol, I think commerce needs to email Dr. Dobbs and reassure him that nobody he knows is freaking out. Maybe it'll calm him down a bit.
    I think you need to look at yourself in the mirror and quit being an asshole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Last 3 day total was 11, so 55 over 4 days (~14/day). That's where we've been a while now, unfortunately
    10 of today's were from June 17-18, so today's reported cases were 34, added to the 11 over the last three days = 45 over the last 4 days (11 per day). We have been averaging single digits, so it will be interesting if we see it staying around 10 or if jumps back higher over the next few days.

Now, of the total 44, 0 were under forty and 2 were under fifty. Only 5 were under sixty. So 39 of the 44 were over sixty. None of that is to downplay death, but just to show that our average hasn't moved off of about 10 deaths daily and the age of those dying hasn't changed.

vCash
    State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said a public health order will be issued Tuesday that will restrict elective procedures in Hinds, Rankin, Madison, Forest, Jones and Washington counties. The order goes into effect Thursday.

Dobbs said the hospitals are running out of ICU beds.

“My greatest fear is starting to be realized,” Dobbs said about the growing number of COVID-19 patients in hospital beds.

“It’s dangerous to violate the social distancing rules, which a lot of people are doing,” Dobbs said. “You can’t put a lot of people together in the worst pandemic in history and expect nothing to happen. It’s just insane.”

Worst pandemic in history?

vCash
    I lol'd at that too. Pretty sure the Black Plague takes that cake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I think you need to look at yourself in the mirror and quit being an asshole.
    It was a joke.

My point was Dobbs definitely sounds like he's freaking out. When I read it, I heard it in the "out here running the option in Hurricane Katrina" voice.

vCash
    nm

vCash
    It was a joke.

My point was Dobbs definitely sounds like he's freaking out. When I read it, I heard it in the "out here running the option in Hurricane Katrina" voice.
    It does seem like Dobbs and Tater are starting to take this more seriously. Nobody is listening to them tho.

vCash
    State fair of Texas was canceled today.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Last 3 day total was 11, so 55 over 4 days (~14/day). That's where we've been a while now, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Neither mortality rate or case mix within the ICU matter. I'm not sure why folks get so hung up on this. Obviously, you want a low death rate but the point is (and has always been) bed capacity within a hospital. Patients aren't in ICU because they want to be and/or normal ICU patients don't stop needing that level of care because we're in a pandemic. You're always going to have a mix.

With elective surgeries being suspended, those health systems in those counties are about to start hemorrhaging cash. They'll still have the expenses because beds are occupied, but they won't be reimbursed at the level elective surgeries generate.

What happens when a business maintains their expenses and their revenues drop? They lay people off to cut costs and balance their budgets.

vCash
    Saw this doctor on FB. Saw the video on someone else's FB page. Scroll down to the 4th video on this guys homepage and listen to his success rate using hydroxy + a couple other things. 75 patients ... no hospital stays per what he says. Has a friend that's a doc has same success with 5X the number of patients. Not sure how true but ...

https://www.facebook.com/michling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Neither mortality rate or case mix within the ICU matter. I'm not sure why folks get so hung up on this. Obviously, you want a low death rate but the point is (and has always been) bed capacity within a hospital. Patients aren't in ICU because they want to be and/or normal ICU patients don't stop needing that level of care because we're in a pandemic. You're always going to have a mix.

With elective surgeries being suspended, those health systems in those counties are about to start hemorrhaging cash. They'll still have the expenses because beds are occupied, but they won't be reimbursed at the level elective surgeries generate.

What happens when a business maintains their expenses and their revenues drop? They lay people off to cut costs and balance their budgets.
    I'm not sure if there are still funds available or not, but at one point hospitals were getting government money for covid patients. If they still are, that could bridge the gap.

vCash
    I lol'd at that too. Pretty sure the Black Plague takes that cake.
    He actually said the worst pandemic in a century. I watched the press conference, so someone transcribed that wrong.

vCash
    Yes, which is why dumping covid on top of what we normally see can overload the system. ICU beds are always tight in a metro area at baseline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

Truth. Hospitals can't sustain themselves without elective procedures. We will have the beds for COVID patients. I've never been worried about that because all you have to do is cut back elective procedures to make space. The problem is that hospitals cannot financially sustain themselves without elective procedures.

vCash
    It was a joke.

it wasn't a joke - you meant that shit to sound exactly like it sounded ... take KO's advice
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    ICU beds are always at a premium. COVID patients are starting to displace the normal stuff in ICUs. Y'all just don't get how this works.

vCash
    It does seem like Dobbs and Tater are starting to take this more seriously. Nobody is listening to them tho.
    I don't think it's their fault. The WHO, CDC, Fauci, Birx are all over the map on things. No one is on same page. Facui has been caught without mask. When he is on camera he has it on. When off he does not. I have seen the photos. One says your ok outside but stay six feet apart but no mask. One says if outside wear mask and stay six feet about. That's just one example. Trump don't wear mask. Biden will wear a mask up to the podium to speak,then he takes it off to speak, when he is done he just walks away and leaves his mask in his pocket. I have been to LA, TX, NM, AZ, UT, CO, WY, OK in past three weeks. 1 out of 30 might have a mask. I go to the gym five days a week. It is packed. No one is wearing mask. They keep changing things and people are starting to call it all political bullshit. When you add in all the other bull shit you read or hear from the news, plus being shut down for so long, people are just tired of it and damn the torpedo let's move on. If this was not an election year, this whole virus thing would have been handle differently. We are a free people and we want to be free to live our lives. I am not scared, I am not wearing a mask, I am living my life. I wash my hands, I try to stay six feet away, if I have to sneeze or cough I walk as far away from anyone as possible cover my face with arm so it doesn't spray. My vulnerably family members are isolated.
    .Call me what you want, I don't give a shit but I suspect there are a larger portion of Americans who feel like me that don't.

I am not going off on you. Please don't take it that way.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 07-08-2020 at 08:34 AM.

vCash
    The actual quote was a century.