Page 149 of 274 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    My sister has been working as a NP in NY for a month and they sent her home due to lack of patients. I know 3 other nurseS same thing.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Hell, it won't be our grandkids speaking Chinese it'll be hacker and dano ... If they don't already *
    Don't you find it interesting that our criticisms and fears of the "other side" is pretty much the same? Chinese already have the rich in their back pocket. See: movies, nba, etc. Can't get cheap labor in US, just outsource. One of deals I liked with Trump on campaign trail was attacking this, but he's moved the needle almost none with regards to tariffing china.

But the overall point that I think you should realize is my "enemy" isn't you. It's the elite rich. It's China. It's Putin. It's those who would attack the working class which make up the back bone of the economy but don't realize it.

And trust me, ain't a ******* person on elitedawgs or any of their grandkids will ever be in the elite rich category. Best trick the elite rich ever pulled was convincing working class people they aren't poor, just temporarily embarrassed rich people. Gotta protect the rich because when it's me one day I won't want people grabbing at my billions. Smh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I just don't see that happening. For one, administrators would have a fit because they are usually trying to get rid of patients. Two, you're saying a physician is falsely admitting and keeping a patient on a lockdown unit away from family. I haven't seen any of that happening in my hospital. They are trying to discharge as many COVID patients as possible, so they can get back to elective surgeries.
    I've seen it. One hospital has two floors full of COVID and about to add a third. Another has their highest census of COVID they've had since this started. Now that UMMC is turning tests around same day, things are moving faster. Elective surgeries are starting at both places. They have to make money. They're on the verge of furloughing and cutting staff. They have no choice. Lots of empty beds equals no money. No money closes the doors.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-01-2020 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I've seen it. One hospital has two floors full of COVID and about to add a third. Another has their highest census of COVID they've had since this started. Now that UMMC is turning tests around same day, things are moving faster. Elective surgeries are starting at both places. They have to make money. They're on the verge of furloughing and cutting staff. They have no choice. Lots of empty beds equals no money. No money closes the doors.
    This is correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You don't have to have a positive lab confirmed test to get money for covid patients as a hospital under CARES.

ETA: below link is a good read on the CDC guidance under the CARES and how hospitals are reimbursed. It is acceptable to report deaths as covid 19 deaths without a positive test if it is likely or suspected the death was covid 19 related, even where the patient tested negative if it is suspected there was a false negative.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/ho...9-death-count/
    Which hospital is getting a check when somebody dies at home? Most of these "probable" deaths come from people dying at home.

Here's another good read on the subject:

"Are all Mississippi?s COVID-19 deaths being counted? No and here?s why."

https://www.sunherald.com/news/coron...242446196.html

Faulk is only one coroner in the state?s 82 counties. Coroners have had to mark deaths as suspected COVID-19 in cases where the deceased had not been tested for the virus.

Faulk and other county coroners have been unable to get testing kits from the state Health Department to test the deceased, they said. Faulk has made multiple telephone calls in an effort to track down tests, including to the local and state health departments.

Faulk said all four deaths he counted as suspected COVID-19 cases involved symptoms associated with the disease. He has completed 3,000 death investigations since 2012 and has never had a case where someone died at home from the flu.
    Last edited by hacker; 05-02-2020 at 05:41 AM.

vCash
    Hack, I think our death numbers are going to jump bc we are going to review death certificates and add those suspected deaths to our total. Of the 20 deaths yesterday, 11 were actually from late March or early April where we went back and looked at death certificates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Hack, I think our death numbers are going to jump bc we are going to review death certificates and add those suspected deaths to our total. Of the 20 deaths yesterday, 11 were actually from late March or early April where we went back and looked at death certificates.
    Yeah, I think my post about that yesterday is what started our replies to each other.

People say these probable deaths are inflating the numbers and I was trying to argue against that. Coroners are looking at these bodies and putting covid on their death certificates. They just don't have tests for them. Pretty much exactly what they do for all deaths.

And there's no money incentive for inflating the numbers since most of these probable deaths are people who have died at home.

And for what it's worth, the CDC calculates flu deaths with an algorithm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Yeah, I think my post about that yesterday is what started our replies to each other.

People say these probable deaths are inflating the numbers and I was trying to argue against that. Coroners are looking at these bodies and putting covid on their death certificates. They just don't have tests for them. Pretty much exactly what they do for all deaths.

And there's no money incentive for inflating the numbers since most of these probable deaths are people who have died at home.

And for what it's worth, the CDC calculates flu deaths with an algorithm.
    I think the problem is that the legal possibility is there under the law to inflate the death numbers if a hospital wanted to by chalking up deaths to covid when the death may or may not be covid, but I'm not aware of that happening thus far and have seen no allegations of it.

Will be interesting to see if MS continues to go back and look at death certificates and add death cases retroactively.

vCash
    I hate to tell you guys but I went out and about today. I’ve elected to avoid the news the past two days. I took hand cleaner with me and me and my wife and kids went for a drive. Stopped and grabbed some groceries. Went geocaching. Sightseeing. There was plenty of food, meat, and veggies in the shelves. Gas was 1.50. We cleaned our hands and wore masks at the grocery store...as did everyone else that was there.

Ends up...it’s not the end of the world. The USA will keep moving and will thrive again. If I wasn’t wearing a mask in the grocery store and cleaning my hands when I touched something public it would have just been another day...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I hate to tell you guys but I went out and about today. I’ve elected to avoid the news the past two days. I took hand cleaner with me and me and my wife and kids went for a drive. Stopped and grabbed some groceries. Went geocaching. Sightseeing. There was plenty of food, meat, and veggies in the shelves. Gas was 1.50. We cleaned our hands and wore masks at the grocery store...as did everyone else that was there.

Ends up...it’s not the end of the world. The USA will keep moving and will thrive again. If I wasn’t wearing a mask in the grocery store and cleaning my hands when I touched something public it would have just been another day...
    Yeah. At some point people are going to say enough is enough and just go on with life.

vCash
    Yep. And while hospitals are in the business of helping people- there is a business side to it too.

Person who is a nursing home patient who has a history of multiple strokes and in in their 90's also tests positive for Coronavirus passes away. PROVE that this person didn't die of Coronavirus. The agencies can't. And really the hospital can't either so they've washed their hands ethically. Then they get their money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yep. And while hospitals are in the business of helping people- there is a business side to it too.

Person who is a nursing home patient who has a history of multiple strokes and in in their 90's also tests positive for Coronavirus passes away. PROVE that this person didn't die of Coronavirus. The agencies can't. And really the hospital can't either so they've washed their hands ethically. Then they get their money.
    Exactly. Hospitals and staff are there to help people but if you can't stay in business you ain't gonna be helping anyone.

vCash
    So physicians are fraudulently saying people have COVID?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    So physicians are fraudulently saying people have COVID?
    Again it's not fraudulent if they have a positive COVID test because it can't be assumed that they didn't die of COVID especially if they come to the hospital with it. Now maybe they did or maybe they didn't but it's no different than not being able to prove something in the legal world.

If they get taken to court over it the hospital's lawyers will just show the patient record with the positive COVID test and then everyone will go home.

Also- it's not ethical to provide services and then not claim reimbursement for services provided. That's the other side of the coin.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 05-02-2020 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Exactly. Hospitals and staff are there to help people but if you can't stay in business you ain't gonna be helping anyone.
    Yes. Unfortunately we don't live in a fairy tale world.

vCash

hacker will be along shortly with some stats and links to articles for you to look at and read.

vCash
    Again it's not fraudulent if they have a positive COVID test because it can't be assumed that they didn't die of COVID especially if they come to the hospital with it. Now maybe they did or maybe they didn't but it's no different than not being able to prove something in the legal world.

If they get taken to court over it the hospital's lawyers will just show the patient record with the positive COVID test and then everyone will go home.

Also- it's not ethical to provide services and then not claim reimbursement for services provided. That's the other side of the coin.
    They don't have to have a positive test for it not to be fraudulent. As long as the symptoms line up with those of covid, CARES allows for it to be categorized as covid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post

My wife and I road down to Windsor ruins yesterday. I have to say enjoyed the ride. There were porbably 15 others there when we got there.

vCash
    Yeah. At some point people are going to say enough is enough and just go on with life.
    This^. This isn't the plague. We have to go on. Otherwise, we will be paying for services w pet rabbits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This^. This isn't the plague. We have to go on. Otherwise, we will be paying for services w pet rabbits.
    Yep! We headed for planet of the apes if we don't get going.