Page 147 of 274 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Time to open this bitch back up.***
    Agree ... Open the **** up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Agree ... Open the **** up.
    I still want answer from those who think nothing should open back up, when is it ok to open up? The county w the largest amount of positive is 1.2%. So we sit tight until when?? Our economy is going to be brutal. Might crash anyway. But if we lock down any longer I assure you we are toast. More people are going to die. I get it. But social distancing was never designed to stop the virus, nor deaths. Just slow it. That's been done. And yes w had the highest number of cases yesterday. Again I get it. Prior to that we've been flat for a while w some small ups and downs. I'll say this again, the economic crisis from this will be 100x greater than the virus itself....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I still want answer from those who think nothing should open back up, when is it ok to open up? The county w the largest amount of positive is 1.2%. So we sit tight until when?? Our economy is going to be brutal. Might crash anyway. But if we lock down any longer I assure you we are toast. More people are going to die. I get it. But social distancing was never designed to stop the virus, nor deaths. Just slow it. That's been done. And yes w had the highest number of cases yesterday. Again I get it. Prior to that we've been flat for a while w some small ups and downs. I'll say this again, the economic crisis from this will be 100x greater than the virus itself....
    Just keep printing that money. Grandkids may end up speaking Chinese, but whatever...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Anyway.

Looks like MS is including "probable" deaths now too.

As a reminder, this means that medical examiner put this on their death certificate.

As another reminder, nobody is getting money for these dead bodies that have covid listed on their death certificate. The money is only for hospitals with actual positive tests. Since these dead people did not test positive, there is no money.

New cases reported today: 397
    New deaths reported today: 20 *
    * 11 of the deaths reported today occurred between March 29 and April 16, and are based on death certificate investigations.

Also highest number of cases reported so far.

Scott County: 339 total cases, 1.2% of the population has tested positive
    You don't have to have a positive lab confirmed test to get money for covid patients as a hospital under CARES.

ETA: below link is a good read on the CDC guidance under the CARES and how hospitals are reimbursed. It is acceptable to report deaths as covid 19 deaths without a positive test if it is likely or suspected the death was covid 19 related, even where the patient tested negative if it is suspected there was a false negative.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/
    Last edited by confucius say; 05-01-2020 at 12:59 PM.

vCash
    379 cases today in Mississippi. Are we hitting our peak?

vCash
    On the 397 new cases today, doesn't there seem to be one day a week where there a good bit more cases than the others? Do we happen to get outside testing numbers once a week or something?

vCash
    The way this has been handled from the beginning has been completely balls up. They did this half assed approach trying to straddle the fence of protecting the economy and slowing the spread. All they did was 17 up. They needed to do a real shut down two months ago for 2-3 weeks. Then we could probably be opening back up and getting the economy going. But all they did was destroy the economy and do next to nothing to slow the spread.

vCash
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Just keep printing that money. Grandkids may end up speaking Chinese, but whatever...
    And this.

vCash
    I have zero problem with opening it up like Sweden and just letting it burn through the population. However, I am in PPE at work and can stay home during the week. So it's unlikely I'll suffer the health consequences of opening up completely. I can watch from the window as other people get coronavirus, and we develop heard immunity. If other people want to be the sacrificial lambs, I won't stand in their way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    The way this has been handled from the beginning has been completely balls up. They did this half assed approach trying to straddle the fence of protecting the economy and slowing the spread. All they did was 17 up. They needed to do a real shut down two months ago for 2-3 weeks. Then we could probably be opening back up and getting the economy going. But all they did was destroy the economy and do next to nothing to slow the spread.
    Oh it's slowed the spread, that's no in question. But there is zero way to lock everyone down all the time for 3 weeks. Police, healthcare, electricity people, and obviously people have to go to the grocery. Even if you limit it to that, that's not a lockdown. Italy went as far on a lockdown as possible, it didn't stop there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I have zero problem with opening it up like Sweden and just letting it burn through the population. However, I am in PPE at work and can stay home during the week. So it's unlikely I'll suffer the health consequences of opening up completely. I can watch from the window as other people get coronavirus, and we develop heard immunity. If other people want to be the sacrificial lambs, I won't stand in their way.
    Let's shut down Walmarts, grocery stores, restaurants, and food processing too. Why should they be "sacrificial lambs"?

ETA... we won't. We can't. Well I think we're at the point where we have to open up for the same reason, we have to
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-01-2020 at 01:11 PM.

vCash
    The case number isn't really the one that drives decision making. The numbers that matter are hospitalization numbers and ICU numbers. The hospitalization numbers have been trending up and show no sign of leveling off yet. The ICU numbers are steady.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The case number isn't really the one that drives decision making. The numbers that matter are hospitalization numbers and ICU numbers. The hospitalization numbers have been trending up and show no sign of leveling off yet. The ICU numbers are steady.
    It is interesting to me that icu numbers have not risen and ventilator use has actually decreased, all while hospitalizations have risen sharply. Does that suggest that a treatment once hospitalized is working so as to avoid icu or ventilator use?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It is interesting to me that icu numbers have not risen and ventilator use has actually decreased, all while hospitalizations have risen sharply. Does that suggest that a treatment once hospitalized is working so as to avoid icu or ventilator use?
    Or (here comes the conspiracy theory) the hospital wants the 20% premium for a hospitalization. I don't wanna believe our medical people would do this though.

vCash
    Or hospitals are just admitting more people with less severe symptoms for treatment than before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Or hospitals are just admitting more people with less severe symptoms for treatment than before.
    Possibly. Lot of hospitals were empty and laying people off

vCash
    Possibly. Lot of hospitals were empty and laying people off
    Correct. Empty beds and staff being laid off. Hopefully treatments of this are becoming more successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Let's shut down Walmarts, grocery stores, restaurants, and food processing too. Why should they be "sacrificial lambs"?

ETA... we won't. We can't. Well I think we're at the point where we have to open up for the same reason, we have to
    We don't really have a choice but to open it up IMO. We need 60-70% for herd immunity, so someone's got to take the fall. I personally am not willing to roll the dice, but, if others want to, I have no problem with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That's very unlikely because hospitals lose money doing that. Hospitals don't want to admit mamaw with pneumonia.