Page 138 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    So how long do we have to wait and draw conclusions on Georgia's reopening?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well, I tested positive for having Coronavirus antibodies so I apparently had it and was asymptomatic. Thankfully.
    Wow! That's great. Where did you get the test?

vCash
    Well, I tested positive for having Coronavirus antibodies so I apparently had it and was asymptomatic. Thankfully.
    Did anybody close to you have any cold or flu type illness that you can remember in the last couple of months?

I am assuming we have not had it because I think we would have seen it spread through our social circle and some of them would have been symptomatic, but if a high percentage of kids is asymptomatic and more like 80% than 50% of healthy people are asymptomatic, then it would I guess be possible.

vCash
    Which is why the numbers being posted are false. And honestly..... it sucks this came out during allergy season. Everyone is going to think they're having symptoms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I would say possibly 3-4 weeks.

My cousin works for the company featured in this article - https://fortune.com/2020/04/24/coron...eopen-economy/
    They are predicting hotspots for states ready to reopen.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

Did whoever did your antibody test do their own validation of the test? I've talked to a couple of hospital adminsitrators and they are basically doing their own study on the test with employees that have tested positive and those that tested negative to get an idea of the upper bound of the false positive rate.

vCash
    When did you get tested? And just curious ... what's your blood type?

vCash
    Or indestructible rednecks. And I can say that as an indestructible redneck.
    I hear ya man! I hope I still fall into that category. I know I did when I was younger. I think alcohol may help fight this off too.

vCash

Until there is enough time to come up with some graphs and stats for fear-mongering.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Until there is enough time to come up with some graphs and stats for fear-mongering.**
    lol Rep Given!

vCash
    This is based only on my experience with this virus at my clinic and the patient population I have seen, so it is not a representation of the entire population. I’ve had around 10 total positive cases over the past month. The worst patient with it that I have seen had symptoms consistent with a bad case of influenza. I saw one guy to release him to go back to work who had one day of fever and no other symptoms that had a positive test. I had two that I thought might have it that had bilateral pneumonia and were hypoxic that I had admitted to the hospital. Turns out, both of them tested negative for the virus.

vCash
    With the heat Georgia's governor caught for opening up, it'll be interesting watching the number of tests administered. Seems he and his critics would like to "cook" the numbers some to make their stance look better.

vCash
    Michael Osterholm said just yesterday that way too many of the tests are producing false positives, so you might still want to be careful unless you?ve got high confidence in the test that was used. Regardless, glad you?re doing well.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    I got the test at the hospital where I work. They're testing all of us. I work with COVID patients some and some of my friends have gotten COVID too. My blood type is O-. I got tested today and we get the results back in an hour. I'm honestly not sure about the validation but I assume we are. I'm in good health exercise a lot despite posting on here often and thankfully I wasn't symptomatic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Michael Osterholm said just yesterday that way too many of the tests are producing false positives, so you might still want to be careful unless you?ve got high confidence in the test that was used. Regardless, glad you?re doing well.
    The antibody tests?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I think it will be proven to be a genius move. Red states are going to thrive and the blue states will linger behind. All that nose rubbing they threw at red states is going to end up being bad karma on thier part. They are the ones begging for money from the Federal goverment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think it will be proven to be a genius move. Red states are going to thrive and the blue states will linger behind. All that nose rubbing they threw at red states is going to end up being bad karma on thier part. They are the ones begging for money from the Federal goverment.
    Seems to me that everyone is lined up for free money....not just blue states. Of course that "free" money just adds to the debt which it appears neither political party has any interest in reducing.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Seems to me that everyone is lined up for free money....not just blue states.
    Huh?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Zero days. Cause we already know what is going to happen. People will go out and about. They will go to work. At some point, they will contract the virus. A large percentage will not even know they have it. They will continue to infect people over the course of 10-20 days, including old people and immune compromised people. They may or may not ever show symptoms themselves. People they know are going to get sick, some will die. No one will be at fault, and the same time, all of us will be at fault.

That is the worst part of this virus. Its slow development and the unknowing. At least with other viruses you know really quickly within a day or two whether you have it. H1N1 and Ebola both present themselves very quickly and you can trace it. This one you cannot.

So, trust me, I understand the need to get back to work for the overall economy. I get it. As a country we will just have to make a choice. Economy or protecting older folks. It really is that simple.
    If you want to open everything back up, you should have been screaming for mass nationwide testing 2 months ago. Or start now, so 2 months from now we can do it much safer.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Everyone is looking for emergency money. Red Blue, purple it doesn't matter. If you have employees that need to make their mortgage payments and cannot work, you do what you have to do.
    Red states do have two advantages. 1st, they are way less populated than blue states. 2nd, they have contact with less people per day than average blue states. That is it. It has nothing to do with your political leanings or your outlook on the constituation. So they should be relatively safer than the traditional high density areas of the country.

Edited to remove a personal attack.
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 04-27-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    Downvotes_Hype