Page 135 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Good post my man! There's to much divide in our country. I'm Christian and conservative but I have an open mind and I have great friends of all races, creeds, political views, orientations,etc...and we have discussions without it turning into "I hate you and you're evil" screaming match. I was brought up to listen and respect others even with differing views because you might just learn something and become better for it. No one person has all the answers and when you put aside your own ideas and agendas and actually communicate you can make things better. Sappy and Idealistic I know but it's worked for me for a long time.
    By far one of the best posts in this thread! Stay classy! Life?s too short to hate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I'm mainly staying at home so I don't have to get tested**

but seriously, **** that

Also, can you expound on your second part?
    #1: They stuck the swab so deep that it jogged some old memories.

#2: Doctor told me to quarantine until i got my results back then later said that I could go back to work (due to the nature of my job it is VERY difficult to not go to work or be called in. Very literally I'm the only person that does what I do in about a 100 square mile radius and when I do get called it is a big emergency) as long as I wear a N99 or P95 mask and gloves and try not to get close to anyone. Then the person I was exposed through was actually exposed through someone else (both of us still waiting for results). The "original" carrier tested positive and their employer (big government) got pissed at her because she went and got tested. She had a coworker test positive the week before and their bosses told them that everyone was ok because this coworker was asymptomatic and you can't catch it from someone asymptomatic. This girl went against their wishes and got tested which came back positive which triggered everyone in her agency getting tested. If I told you what this agency was you would shit a brick because of their daily interaction with the public regardless of "rain, sleet, snow or storm".

Banned
    vCash
    That swab shit is why I ****ing hate going to the doctor. Wish there was a better way to check. Cause *******. I hate getting it checked for the normal flu.

And not surprised. The suppression our own government is trying to do really illustrates the fact that China is lying their ass off as well. 6 new cases a day my ass. Call me crazy but i'd wager over a billion people in this world have or have had it at this point at minimum.

vCash
    There's some that might benefit from that lol
    I can think of 2 posters in this thread that probably had a trial run with that test 2 months ago ***

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I can think of 2 posters in this thread that probably had a trial run with that test 2 months ago ***
    Damn I'm not the only one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    That swab shit is why I ****ing hate going to the doctor. Wish there was a better way to check. Cause *******. I hate getting it checked for the normal flu.

And not surprised. The suppression our own government is trying to do really illustrates the fact that China is lying their ass off as well. 6 new cases a day my ass. Call me crazy but i'd wager over a billion people in this world have or have had it at this point at minimum.
    Yep and yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Just 2 lol

vCash
    Just 2 lol

The overall consensus is 2 but there could be some others coming out of the wood work as this testing progresses. lol

vCash
    You can pay for the mouth swab test. It's $150.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    The overall consensus is 2 but there could be some others coming out of the wood work as this testing progresses. lol
    Lmbo!!!

vCash
    Good post my man! There's to much divide in our country. I'm Christian and conservative but I have an open mind and I have great friends of all races, creeds, political views, orientations,etc...and we have discussions without it turning into "I hate you and you're evil" screaming match. I was brought up to listen and respect others even with differing views because you might just learn something and become better for it. No one person has all the answers and when you put aside your own ideas and agendas and actually communicate you can make things better. Sappy and Idealistic I know but it's worked for me for a long time.
    Best post on this entire 135 page controversial very long thread. Common sense, sincerity, non-controversial, and not trying to be the smartest person in the room or enjoy trying to prove others wrong.

vCash
    Lmbo!!!
    You sir are someone I?d drink a beer with or cheers with a water! Love your thoughts without questioning your politics. The thoughts you have are human related not politics. Yes some are this way but I appreciate human care over politics. Thanks for saying things that I would love to convey!! North Ms support for your views

vCash
    Saw this on Facebook...

I was reading some posts for and against reopening the country. One was talking about being selfish and it got me to thinking.
    There are those wanting to reopen yet they?re being classified as selfish. There are those that rely on all kinds of people to supply them while they cower in fear at home. Isn?t that being selfish too?
    You expect your garbage to be picked up, you expect the grocery store to be open so you can get milk, you expect truck drivers to supply the stores, you expect farmers, meatpackers, fruit and vegetable pickers all to keep food in that grocery store.
    You expect Amazon to still ship all the things you?re ordering while you sit at home shopping. You expect the delivery driver to leave it on your doorstep. You expect your phone to work, your power to stay on, and your mail to show up rain, sleet, or shine. And most important, you expect the doctors and nurses to be there if you need them although many of them across the country have been furloughed because their units and services have been shut down while the entire system focuses only on COVID19.
    The whole premise of shelter in place is based on the arrogant idea that others must risk their health so you can protect yours. There is nothing virtuous about ignoring the largely invisible army required to allow people to shelter in place.
    I know there are some of you that are screaming mad about what I just said but stop and really think about what is allowing you to stay safe in your home.
    I truly believe that with some common sense on my part, I could easily go back to life as it was. I want to go to restaurants, I want to shop at the little store just up the road.
    And yes, I could catch COVID-19. I could also catch the flu or a cold. I could get run over by a bus. I could get struck by lightning. We take risks everyday. If you choose to stay home, that is absolutely your choice. And please don?t start screaming at me about how I?ll just spread it. Why are you worried? You won?t get it because you?re staying in your home. Are you going to shelter in place every time a new strand of the flu happens?
    Our economy can?t withstand much more of this. If our economy collapses, so will the rest of the world?s. If that happens, you will see the rise of tyrants.
    I absolutely don?t want people to die...from COVID or anything else. I want people to live.
    But sheltering in place is not living.

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again. [goes without saying, but I'll say it, lol]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

You know Jesus?

Know him?!?! He owes me 12 bucks!
    What you can't do math and over paid your tithing by 12.00?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I'm mainly staying at home so I don't have to get tested**

but seriously, **** that

Also, can you expound on your second part?
    That picture is physically impossible unless they jam that swab through tissue and bone structure. I've heard they do go deep for the test, but what that picture is depicting is physically impossible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    What you can't do math and over paid your tithing by 12.00?
    Maybe so, lol.

I take it you've never seen Dogma? I highly recommend it. It's a comedic satire about Catholicism, written and directed by a devout Catholic, no less (Kevin Smith). It's hilarious, and has a great cast (Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Alan Rickman, Chris Rock, George Carlin, Selma Hayeck, and of course Jay and Silent Bob).

vCash
    Thanks for the kind words from all y'all. I've found the majority of people just want to be happy, take care of their families and enjoy life. The majority of us have a lot more in common than we know regardless of our beliefs or convictions. Heck if we all thought exactly alike the world would be an extremely boring place! In the end we're all human and the best of us are Dawgs lol!!!

Dawgcap I don't drink but I sure wouldn't mind you having a beer while I drink my coke and we just shoot the breeze. Heck we all need to get together and have one together! It's a pretty good group we got on here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    That picture is physically impossible unless they jam that swab through tissue and bone structure. I've heard they do go deep for the test, but what that picture is depicting is physically impossible.
    It felt like they were massaging my soul with the swab but you are correct it wasn't deep enough to tickle my ear drum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post

Shrug.