Page 256 of 274 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    What exactly is currently shut down?
    Well, where I live- bars for one thing. And without question there are limitations on capacity at certain things like restaurants, parties, gatherings, church, and "guidelines" about wearing masks. I can't go to a MLB baseball game right now. And we're having to come up with a completely different football schedule.

But at least I can protest something the media likes.

I can't believe that was a serious question and I really shouldn't have given it a serious answer but since you asked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    D2 football?
    Nice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The correct answer is we just have to learn to live with it like the other diseases of the past like Polio, measles, and etc.

Of course that's not "woke" and we should continue to shut our lives down forever.
    This is the correct answer. We'll develop better treatment options as we learn more about it as well. Also, the mass panic will die down some around mid-November.

vCash
    The correct answer is we just have to learn to live with it like the other diseases of the past like Polio, measles, and etc.

Of course that's not "woke" and we should continue to shut our lives down forever.
    You do realize that all the things we are being asked to do now - masks, quarantines, limiting gatherings, contact tracing, shutting down some aspects of life - were all done in the past to combat those diseases. We also took those things seriously, because we cared about our neighbors instead only caring about "my freedoms". Why do you think each county in every state has a public health departments? Most of those departments were the front lines to combat local outbreaks of the diseases you are talking about - they did that hard work of establishing and maintaining quarantines when Timmy exposed his friends to polio after catching it at summer camp. We shut down things regularly 100 years ago to combat these type of outbreaks - yellow fever, measles, polio, etc etc. What we are experiencing now on a global scale is what "normal" was during the times when all those diseases were issues, they were the actions communities had to take to survive.

vCash
    What exactly is currently shut down?
    NYC? Establishing checkpoints coming into the city. Pretty crazy a left-leaning city like NYC would love open borders, but wants to shut down travel into their city from other Americans. Deblasio has also shut down church services.

There are many more states/cities shutting down church, funerals, restaurants, and such.
    Last edited by msstate7; 08-06-2020 at 06:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You do realize that all the things we are being asked to do now - masks, quarantines, limiting gatherings, contact tracing, shutting down some aspects of life - were all done in the past to combat those diseases. We also took those things seriously, because we cared about our neighbors instead only caring about "my freedoms". Why do you think each county in every state has a public health departments? Most of those departments were the front lines to combat local outbreaks of the diseases you are talking about - they did that hard work of establishing and maintaining quarantines when Timmy exposed his friends to polio after catching it at summer camp. We shut down things regularly 100 years ago to combat these type of outbreaks - yellow fever, measles, polio, etc etc. What we are experiencing now on a global scale is what "normal" was during the times when all those diseases were issues, they were the actions communities had to take to survive.
    Pretty hard to take the restrictions seriously when they don't apply to famous people's funerals or protests.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    NYC? Establishing checkpoints coming into the city. Pretty crazy a left-leaning city like NYC would love open borders, but wants to shut down travel into their city from other Americans. Deblasio has also shut down church services.

There are many more states/cities shutting down church, funerals, restaurants, and such.
    Florida has had checkpoints coming into the state off and on since March
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Pretty hard to take the restrictions seriously when they don't apply to famous people's funerals or protests.
    Or when the President spends 5 months denying its a problem, then all the sudden starts promoting wearing masks?
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Florida has had checkpoints coming into the state off and on since March
    I don't like em. I don't care who does them.

vCash
    At least ?children are virtually immune to COVID-19?. We?ve got that going for us.

vCash
    Italy and Sweden had two completely different strategies.... but so far have had similar results.

vCash

Southern states appear to be past peak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    At least ?children are virtually immune to COVID-19?. We?ve got that going for us.
    Obviously they aren't "immune". I'm sure he meant less susceptible, but maybe he didn't... I don't know.

vCash

They probably charge an additional toll to get in and get checked.

vCash
    Well, where I live- bars for one thing. And without question there are limitations on capacity at certain things like restaurants, parties, gatherings, church, and "guidelines" about wearing masks. I can't go to a MLB baseball game right now. And we're having to come up with a completely different football schedule.

But at least I can protest something the media likes.

I can't believe that was a serious question and I really shouldn't have given it a serious answer but since you asked.
    Limiting capacity is not shutting down, but please continue to use hyperbole regarding this "fake Chinese virus".

Also, are you mad at the MLB for not figuring out a way to have limited attendance or think that's a government/media issue as well?

So they aren't letting anyone through the checkpoints? If they are, then their "border" isn't shut down. Maybe limited, but not shut down.

Also, a building doesn't make a church. Didn't you learn as a child that the church is the people?

vCash
    Limiting capacity is not shutting down, but please continue to use hyperbole regarding this "fake Chinese virus".

Also, are you mad at the MLB for not figuring out a way to have limited attendance or think that's a government/media issue as well?

So they aren't letting anyone through the checkpoints? If they are, then their "border" isn't shut down. Maybe limited, but not shut down.

Also, a building doesn't make a church. Didn't you learn as a child that the church is the people?
    It is the Chinese Virus that’s for sure...

vCash
    Honestly...we need a good treatment more than we need a vaccine. Here is why: vaccine will force mutation on this virus due to natural selection. That can make it more contagious and more deadly really fast and things can spiral out of control with a virus of this type even further than it already has.

A good treatment or medication that will clear up an infection quickly will allow the virus to run it's course and settle down into the population where it will be treated more like a common cold. Additionally, any treatment developed for this virus will probably be effective on the common cold so that's a double plus.

vCash

So...you're saying it's okay if you legally go through the checkpoint into NY but not okay if you sneak through the border into NY?

Interesting.

vCash

Southern states appear to be past peak.
    So that is just positive cases reported each day, correct? If that's the case, because of the lag in testing, we could be doing better or worse than that. A lot of those results are from tests that took place five or even seven days before. If the mask mandates have made a difference, hopefully we'll see a sharp drop.

vCash
    EXACTLY