Page 248 of 274 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketCityDawg View Post
    So, you're claiming ignorance? You're claiming that you had no idea that was taken out of context?
    Yep, I guess I am. I watched a video of it the other day and it cut off before the "science is on our side" part.

I think it's funny you immediately tried to make it personal and about "credibility." I'm just a dude posting on this website. I've never claimed anything else. You expect me to know everything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Yep, I guess I am. I watched a video of it the other day and it cut off before the "science is on our side" part.

I think it's funny you immediately tried to make it personal and about "credibility." I'm just a dude posting on this website. I've never claimed anything else. You expect me to know everything?
    If you're quoting somebody, yes, I would expect you to know the context of the quote.
    My bad on the credibility thing. I apologize for that.

vCash
    I won't get the vaccine as soon as it rolls on the market. If I were high risk, I would though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

You don't have to know everything, but if you see a major media news outlet blast out something that appears to be a ridiculous quote from anybody on the mainstream right other than trump, you should probably know enough to assume it's more likely than not that they're being misleading.

With Trump trying to guess is like trying to guess what monkeys throwing feces at a typewriter will produce. I guess you can sort of safely bet that he said something ridiculous and CNN still CNN'd it up by trying to take something nonsensical and argue that he was basically quoting mein kampf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I won't get the vaccine as soon as it rolls on the market. If I were high risk, I would though.
    Hell I will take. Hell I would be part of the testing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    She said Paw Patrol was cancelled, when it in fact was NOT cancelled!!!!***

This is a thread about COVID, so I'm going to refrain from going down this rabbit hole. If you believe everything she says - good for you.
    You are full of shit. I guarantee whatever she said in person, you would deem her pretty enough to be credible and would accept anything she told you, which is how credibility works in the real world, as god intended. It's just the internet and tv that is screwing everything up.

vCash
    These three posts, which were posted in a 12 hour span, do not match...

Which one is correct?
    Mine is a fact. National 7 day case average continues to fall. Lowest it's been since July 15. Can't speak to the other two.
    Last edited by confucius say; 07-30-2020 at 02:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Last two. Yesterday we had 1450 or about cases and today we had 1775, which breaks the previous record.
    ETA I can?t confirm the 500 cases in prisons and LTC?s.
    National 7 day case average. Not MS.
    Although MS 7 day case avg has gone down every day since July 26. Go to worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/mississippi/ and click on 7 day moving average.
    Last edited by confucius say; 07-30-2020 at 02:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Today we had 1775 new cases and 25 deaths in Mississippi. We are on the verge of crashing our hospitals. It is past time for all of us to start pulling in the same direction or we will face dire consequences.
    Who do you think is not pulling in the same direction?

I still know relatively few people that have gotten it. The only thing I'm aware of that you could really question is youth sports and summer camps, but I so far haven't heard of anybody that has reason to think they got it at sports or summer camp. Other than that, I see people largely wearing masks. I'm not going to bars, so maybe people are out at bars without masks, but I also don't hear about any outbreak associated with a bar (granted I don't know a lot of people that are generally bar flies and I'm not sure how likely it would be that an outbreak would get tracked back to a bar).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Although MS 7 day case avg has gone down every day since July 26. Go to worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/mississippi/ and click on 7 day moving average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    You are full of shit. I guarantee whatever she said in person, you would deem her pretty enough to be credible and would accept anything she told you, which is how credibility works in the real world, as god intended. It's just the internet and tv that is screwing everything up.
    This is true! I forgot that I had to take every word, independent of what came before and after, to full understand the context. It's my fault.

Is this the site that has MS #3 in new deaths and #5 in new cases?

vCash

Here is another site for you to drill down into counties:

https://globalepidemics.org/key-metr...d-suppression/

vCash
    This is true! I forgot that I had to take every word, independent of what came before and after, to full understand the context. It's my fault.

Is this the site that has MS #3 in new deaths and #5 in new cases?
    Not sure

vCash

Thanks. Post the National too when you get time please

vCash
    Huge LTC outbreaks and prison outbreaks going on in MS right now.

vCash
    The Herman Cain case is a sobering case study example. RIP.

vCash
    Thanks. Post the National too when you get time please

vCash

Am I wrong, or does that look significnalty different than what MSDH is posting?

ETA: I looked at the daily deaths and it doesn't look the same and not close enough that it could just be based on presentation/design of the graphs. I'm guessing this source isn't trying to tie deaths to actual date of death but is just posting the date deaths are reported, so their seven day average is going to be misleading the way we are going back and adding new covid deaths from birth certificates and reporting those.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 07-30-2020 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketCityDawg View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, they (intentionally?) left out zinc from these studies. No doctor has touted HCQ/azithromycin without adding zinc.
    This would be like studying the feasibility of eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without using bread.
    I guess so. Maybe they are studying that now, but its not routine to throw zinc around as a treatment, especially in hospitalized patients. Its a common ingredient in some over the counter cold remedies so I suspect much more routinely given to milder outpatient cases (which is what those doctors in the video were probably treating more routinely). I'm not sure its some sort of miracle ingredient, maybe some studies will figure it out but its nothing more than a hypothesis at this point.