Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
It's amazing that people still don't get it.

Give $2,000 to someone poor and $2,000 to a business, which one recirculates into the economy quicker.

But nooooooooo we need to bailout business and let people do non-essential jobs in the name of trickle down economics.

If you seriously can't see the issue there then you are a blind sheep plain and simple.
Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
I fail to see what point you are making. This was a partly good move. My point is that reopening is motivated by taking that away. (Not solely motivated, but that is a contributing factor. Can't let poor people have more money than normal.)

Not even being facetious to you, cause you're at least willing to not be an imbecile about this. I seriously don't understand your point.
My point was that individuals are getting $2k and were a part of the stimulus package. Who recirculates it quicker is irrelevant, as the fact remains that the money for both businesses and individuals were created out of thin air anyway.

To redistribute wealth, government has to either borrow or tax. The politicians have decided to mortgage the future by borrowing.

I will add though that Bezos donated $100 million to Feeding America, and our local food bank received $400k of that donation. It's a drop in the bucket for him, but it will make a huge impact on those folks struggling for food where I live. You think that if the government had taxed Amazon and had that on hand - you think they would have allocated those funds to help those struggling with food insecurity?