Page 67 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Sadly, I think we are going to hit 1000 deaths per day in about a week
    But how many recoveries?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    But how many recoveries?
    Edit: Actually, I'll just say around 1500 if trends continue
    Last edited by hacker; 03-28-2020 at 09:29 AM.

vCash
    MS:

84 new cases, 663 total
    5 new deaths, 13 total

They released some new chart data.

All 13 deaths were > 60 years old
    48% of cases are < 50 years old
    1/3 of all cases have led to hospitalization

About 12% of cases in 30-49 year olds are hospitalized
    20% of 50-59 year olds hospitalized
    32% of 60-69 year olds hospitalized

Last edited by hacker; 03-28-2020 at 10:17 AM.

vCash
    MS:

84 new cases, 663 total
    5 new deaths, 13 total

Those are better numbers and more on what we thought would happen. I wonder how many people have it and don't know it. Also, I'm hearing virus load may be what is making younger people sicker.

vCash
    MS:

84 new cases, 663 total
    5 new deaths, 13 total

Based on these numbers approximately .022% percent of the population of Mississippi have tested positive for Covid-19. Approximately .005% of the population of Mississippi has been hospitalized due to Covid-19. Of those hospitalized 82% of them are in the 50+ age range. 66% of them are in the 60+ age range. We were at 100+ cases on March 20th (approximately) so we are 8 days in to this. Someone else with the computational know how can plot the line graph to see where that puts us against other growth rates across the country. We've basically added 563 cases over 8 days for an average of 70 new cases per day.

vCash
    Some things I am not getting.

Fox news interviewed a doctor who works in a Brooklyn New York hospital. One of the hardest hit hospital with cases. He said this.

1. He is taking the Chorid crap they keep talking about. He says doctors take that stuff all the time to fight off virus. That tells me they know it works and they are Bull shitting us they have to test it.
    2. He also said men are more vulnerable. I have heard that before.
    3. Certain blood types are less vulnerable. He said O positive is the best blood to have to fight off the virus.

Now another thing. Why test for temperature? Are you only contagious when you have a fever. If not why hell does it matter if you have fever or not to go to work (S. Korea) or the White House. Either you have it or not. Either you can pass it on or not. That is what I been hearing so why check Temperature?

They know more then what they are saying.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 03-28-2020 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Some things I am not getting.

Fox news interviewed a doctor who works in a Brooklyn New York hospital. One of the hardest hit hospital with cases. He said this.

1. He is taking the Chorid crap they keep talking about. He says doctors take that stuff all the time to fight off virus. That tells me they know it works and they are Bull shitting us they have to test it.
    2. He also said men are more vulnerable. I have heard that before.
    3. Certain blood types are less vulnerable. He said O positive is the best blood to have to fight off the virus.

Now another thing. Why test for temperature? Are you only contagious when you have a fever. If not why hell does it matter if you have fever or not to go to work (S. Korea) or the White House. Either you have it or not. Either you can pass it on or not. That is what I been hearing so why check Temperature?

They know more then what they are saying.
    1. They're giving chloroquine for this already. The ole miss 247sports guy in ICU is even on it. It's not approved for this usage but doctors can get around that with "compassionate usage." It may help some but it absolutely is not some miracle cure.

2. Mississippi stats show females have tested positive more often than males.

3. I've heard the blood type thing before. Could be true, don't think it's proven though.

They check temp because it's one of the early signs. You're right that you can be contagious without symptoms but you can't give a covid test to everybody on the spot, so it's better than nothing.

Anyway, not sure where you were headed with this. I'm not picking up what you're putting down.

vCash
    1. They're giving chloroquine for this already. The ole miss 247sports guy in ICU is even on it. It's not approved for this usage but doctors can get around that with "compassionate usage." It may help some but it absolutely is not some miracle cure.

2. Mississippi stats show females have tested positive more often than males.

3. I've heard the blood type thing before. Could be true, don't think it's proven though.

They check temp because it's one of the early signs. You're right that you can be contagious without symptoms but you can't give a covid test to everybody on the spot, so it's better than nothing.

Anyway, not sure where you were headed with this. I'm not picking up what you're putting down.
    I've heard only positive things about chloroquine so far which is encouraging. I think people are being cautious about it because since they can't do their standard years of trial research on gold standard of sample sizes on it if it turns out not to help or let's say something helps out even more then they're basically covering their asses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've heard only positive things about chloroquine so far which is encouraging. I think people are being cautious about it because since they can't do their standard years of trial research on gold standard of sample sizes on it if it turns out not to help or let's say something helps out even more then they're basically covering their asses.
    The thing is we've been using it for weeks. Yet 500 people died in the US yesterday. Maybe that would've been 1000 without chloroquine, who knows. But it's not the miracle cure some people think it is.
    Last edited by hacker; 03-29-2020 at 06:53 AM.

vCash
    Sorry if this has already been discussed but I just read this and it struck me as interesting. I think we all believe that China under reported COVID-19 stats. The article I read said they reported 3,299 deaths as of the time of the article. Here's the interesting part, one funeral home in Wuhan received back to back shipments of 5,000 urns (two days in a row this past week). Even if 1/3 of those urns are used on COVID-19 deaths that doubles the number officially reported. Wow!

If you have any investment interests in China I'd suggest pulling out yesterday. There has been a move afoot for a while for some companies to pull out of China; this is going to kick that into overdrive.

vCash
    One good thing looking at MS data: our date of symptom onset has been pretty steady for the past 6 full days of data.

In other words, for 6 days straight, about the same number of people got sick. Hopefully that number of people will not grow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The thing with chloroquine is that there is not a treatment protocol in place for it. How many MG per dose? How many doses per day? For how long? Will it work effectively at different stages of infections, etc? Not even to mention that no one knows if it could trigger side effects that are unique to this virus and drug combo. That's why Fauci and others have said it is promising, but they don't want people randomly using it on their own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    Sorry if this has already been discussed but I just read this and it struck me as interesting. I think we all believe that China under reported COVID-19 stats. The article I read said they reported 3,299 deaths as of the time of the article. Here's the interesting part, one funeral home in Wuhan received back to back shipments of 5,000 urns (two days in a row this past week). Even if 1/3 of those urns are used on COVID-19 deaths that doubles the number officially reported. Wow!

If you have any investment interests in China I'd suggest pulling out yesterday. There has been a move afoot for a while for some companies to pull out of China; this is going to kick that into overdrive.
    No doubt China has lied. People can blame our government for this spreading and getting out of control all they want, but the fact is if China is honest about information and the severity of this outbreak from the start, we wouldn't be in this mess now. They locked up a Doctor who was trying to warn the global community about the disease. This is what happens in communist countries.

I hope this serves as a wake up call for us and the rest of the world that you don't need to become dependent on China. They're inept (f'n morons are eating bats). CNN says that 80% of our antibiotics come from China. That's unacceptable.

vCash
    This is going to be the most hated post ever posted on this board.

But regarding blaming China:

"When you point your finger, you have 3 fingers pointing back at yourself"

vCash

Does this apply to Italy? Spain?

vCash

temporary image hosting

https://twitter.com/who/status/1217043229427761152?s=21

Yeah, we are certainly more to blame than China. What a moronic statement #TDS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    temporary image hosting

https://twitter.com/who/status/1217043229427761152?s=21

Yeah, we are certainly more to blame than China. What a moronic statement #TDS
    It's our fault for not being ready. South Korea was ready. Japan was ready.

vCash
    It's our fault for not being ready. South Korea was ready. Japan was ready.
    its going to hit Japan..... just a matter of time. Too many people there to contain.

vCash

You just lost all credibility.

vCash
    MS update

95 new cases, 758 total cases
    1 new death, 14 total deaths

The 1 new death is a 40-49 year old

138 cases in metro area
    Some delta counties have a lot of cases relative to population (Coahoma has 18 cases and only 23k people)