Page 72 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    I wonder how many people are going to think they have Covid-19 because of how bad the allergies are this year.
    Whoever thinks that they have it and it's allergies (which generally means sneezing a ton) has obviously not researched what the symptoms of Covid-19 are (sneezing is not a listed symptom. Runny nose is, but not sneezing.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Louisiana is now past 4000 cases. One of my RN coworkers is going down there and making 30,000 to work 3 weeks. His hours got cut because he is in an area that does elective procedures, so he's taking vacation and going to New Orleans to work.
    $30,000 for three weeks? I've had several offers but they've all been in the $3,500 a week range.

vCash
    That's what he told me. I guess he's telling the truth, but I didn't ask him the company.

vCash
    34 more deaths in Louisiana today
    Up to 4.5% death rate, which I think is the worst in the country

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    That's what he told me. I guess he's telling the truth, but I didn't ask him the company.
    I bet it was 3 months. Most contracts are 12 weeks in length and that'd be in the $30,000 ballpark range. Most of that is tax free and they will pay for their lodging so a huge chunk of that is all take home. Dangerous time, but a lot of money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I bet it was 3 months. Most contracts are 12 weeks in length and that'd be in the $30,000 ballpark range. Most of that is tax free and they will pay for their lodging so a huge chunk of that is all take home. Dangerous time, but a lot of money.
    That sounds more likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Did you read actually my post? It wasn't critical of you. It provided context of as you said "snapshot numbers". It is encouraging that we are currently a lower death rate, yes; however, it is best if we acknowledge why. I added the why and a those other numbers and their why as well.
    I did not think you were critical of me, just the numbers. Today, the US death rate his far better than the rest of the world but will it continue? A more relevant response would be to compare this morning numbers, that I provided, with yesterday's numbers (snapshot) or last week's numbers (snapshot), if you have them, and extrapolate what it may mean in a week or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I did not think you were critical of me, just the numbers. Today, the US death rate his far better than the rest of the world but will it continue? A more relevant response would be to compare this morning numbers, that I provided, with yesterday's numbers (snapshot) or last week's numbers (snapshot), if you have them, and extrapolate what it may mean in a week or two.
    A couple things:
    - Our death rate was 1.2% a week ago, now 1.8%
    - Not far better than the rest of the world, but pretty good. Germany, South Korea, Canada, Austria, etc are lower than us.

vCash
    I still think our numerator is pretty depressed. A ton of people with mild symptoms probably just self-isolate and don't bother going to get tested

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    A couple things:
    - Our death rate was 1.2% a week ago, now 1.8%
    - Not far better than the rest of the world, but pretty good. Germany, South Korea, Canada, Austria, etc are lower than us.
    And none of the numbers are real. There are so many different criteria for testing and so many not being tested the numbers are all BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And none of the numbers are real. There are so many different criteria for testing and so many not being tested the numbers are all BS.
    I don't believe any numbers I see and I DAMN sure don't believe what China put out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Even the death numbers?

Or the not enough ICU bed numbers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I don't believe any numbers I see and I DAMN sure don't believe what China put out.
    You're not insinuating that our chinese friends would be less than truthful are you Jack? lol

I don't believe anything the chinese or the russians say either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Even the death numbers?

Or the not enough ICU bed numbers?
    Nope, of course not. For weeks he's been trolling and vaguely saying we're foolish for being concerned and has never said why. I'm guessing he's some kind of genius.

vCash
    someone said earlier that even the Germans were saying cause of death was something other than Covid-19 and would say the underlying health problem was the cause of death, not Covid-19.

I wonder if that's true.. I don't believe much of anything. Even here in the States the testing rates are vastly different so many being told to just stay home unless you are in critical condition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    someone said earlier that even the Germans were saying cause of death was something other than Covid-19 and would say the underlying health problem was the cause of death, not Covid-19.

I wonder if that's true.. I don't believe much of anything. Even here in the States the testing rates are vastly different so many being told to just stay home unless you are in critical condition.
    I heard today on one of the news network that as late as Jan 17th the Chinese were telling the WHO that there was no evidence of human to human transfers. I hope that one is not true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    My wife was offered $4,000/ week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    34 more deaths in Louisiana today
    Up to 4.5% death rate, which I think is the worst in the country
    Cops were having to breakup crawfish boils yesterday!!!! Baton Rouge area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Cops were having to breakup crawfish boils yesterday!!!! Baton Rouge area.
    Ron White would say, "You can't fix stupid." And that's not a jab at Louisiana but all over really. I still see stuff happening that I just shake my head at....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    My wife was offered $4,000/ week.
    Back when HIV first turned up Nurse were offer ridiculous money to go to NO to work.