Page 71 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Guys stop this bickering for those of us going to the front line I can say this it doesnt matter who was right or who was wrong. It doesn't matter if you believed this was a joke from the start or not. We are now in a fight for the lives of millions around the world. I was told told today that we should expect 8 weeks minimum of this extension. How all of us react to what we're told to do and each other determines what type of person we are deep inside. Peace to all stay safe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Here is a back of the envelope estimate of how badly we are undercounting cases.

https://www.baldingsworld.com/2020/0...ses-are-there/

Have just breezed through it and not dug into it yet, so not sure how reasonable it is.
    That's a long ass envelope

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    As of this morning:

If my analysis is correct, this means the US has 19.37% of the total cases in the world and 7.32% of the total deaths.

Further analysis means that the World death rate is 5.45% (minus the US) and the US death rate is 1.79% (Percentage of deaths of cases tested positive)

None of this is good, but the US death rate is not what the death rate of the remainder of the world is (to date anyway). I know Italy has skewed those numbers but on the whole this is how it breaks down.
    Probably worth noting that the US has tested over 800k, which I'm fairly certain is tops in the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    You asked "Is that a fact?" and then tried to back it up saying you are doing your due diligence by questioning numbers.

You added 0 to the conversation and just set out to undermine someone who was giving good info. You participated in bad faith. You made an ass of yourself and have tried to recover ever since by flinging mud at others. Just stop. It's embarrassing. You're an embarrassment. I removed your name because I didn't want you to respond.

You can't empathize with other people so it breaks your brain that someone would post things like that to prevent stupidity from running rampant. Still have it in your head that this is about itoldyouso's. No, this is about people rejecting Facts, Science, and Data because it doesn't fit their narrative. I didn't want this virus to explode. I wanted it to stop. But that's considered panicking.

The only things I want are people to get their heads out of the sand on this now, and to be better prepared when this happens again. (Spelling out speculation to you since you need it.) Judging from China's numbers and long-time dishonest tactics, it would not surprise me to see that they are flatly lying about containment or engineered the virus themselves and have a vaccine already to suppress it that they aren't telling anyone about. This feels like a prelude to a biological warfare. (Again speculation.)

You know everything about me. This is so crazy yet amazing at the same time.**

I'm glad the board has you then I guess? Maybe you will make an impact. Not nearly as big as you seem to think you will though. Again, nothing has changed on where I stand in my daily life and definitely wouldn't because of anything you have said or I've been blessed enough to read that you've typed.

I don't know what else you are looking for from me. You just keep responding "flinging mud". Funny saying that to the person who has probably flung more mud than anyone else in the thread, right and wrong on certain points. Like I said, this thread is probably worse for your health than the virus would be. (Please for the love of God, don't take that comment as me saying there is nothing to see here or that you are panicking)

No one on here will claim you have been great during any of this either.

I hope you have a good day and can enjoy it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Probably worth noting that the US has tested over 800k, which I'm fairly certain is tops in the world.
    Overall tests, but not per capita, right?

Banned
    vCash
    As of this morning:

World Cases US Cases
    741,030 143,532

Total Deaths US Deaths
    35,114 2,572

If my analysis is correct, this means the US has 19.37% of the total cases in the world and 7.32% of the total deaths.

Further analysis means that the World death rate is 5.45% (minus the US) and the US death rate is 1.79% (Percentage of deaths of cases tested positive)

None of this is good, but the US death rate is not what the death rate of the remainder of the world is (to date anyway). I know Italy has skewed those numbers but on the whole this is how it breaks down.
    The problem with this is that some (not all) of those active cases will still end up in death eventually. Looking strictly at closed cases, the world is up to 18%. The US is at 36%. This is also not supremely trustworthy as there are several cases likely still considered active that are not going to result in death.

The truth is somewhere in between. We have so many cases that have come on recently that it skews our numbers in favor of a lower death rate than the world which at the same time means we skew higher in closed case death rate as we have not had necessary time to close cases. The real test is the next two weeks to see how our death rate compares to Italy and whether or not we reach critical mass and overwhelm our hospitals as Italy did.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    You know everything about me. This is so crazy yet amazing at the same time.**

I'm glad the board has you then I guess? Maybe you will make an impact. Not nearly as big as you seem to think you will though. Again, nothing has changed on where I stand in my daily life and definitely wouldn't because of anything you have said or I've been blessed enough to read that you've typed.

I don't know what else you are looking for from me. You just keep responding "flinging mud". Funny saying that to the person who has probably flung more mud than anyone else in the thread, right and wrong on certain points. Like I said, this thread is probably worse for your health than the virus would be. (Please for the love of God, don't take that comment as me saying there is nothing to see here or that you are panicking)

No one on here will claim you have been great during any of this either.

I hope you have a good day and can enjoy it.
    I only know about what you make your persona on here. What I outlined is how you have conducted yourself. Don't like it and don't think that's you? Then be that person that you think you are.

vCash
    You asked "Is that a fact?" and then tried to back it up saying you are doing your due diligence by questioning numbers.

You added 0 to the conversation and just set out to undermine someone who was giving good info. You participated in bad faith. You made an ass of yourself and have tried to recover ever since by flinging mud at others. Just stop. It's embarrassing. You're an embarrassment. I removed your name because I didn't want you to respond.

You can't empathize with other people so it breaks your brain that someone would post things like that to prevent stupidity from running rampant. Still have it in your head that this is about itoldyouso's. No, this is about people rejecting Facts, Science, and Data because it doesn't fit their narrative. I didn't want this virus to explode. I wanted it to stop. But that's considered panicking.

The only things I want are people to get their heads out of the sand on this now, and to be better prepared when this happens again. (Spelling out speculation to you since you need it.) Judging from China's numbers and long-time dishonest tactics, it would not surprise me to see that they are flatly lying about containment or engineered the virus themselves and have a vaccine already to suppress it that they aren't telling anyone about. This feels like a prelude to a biological warfare. (Again speculation.)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Nailed it
    Not discounting y'all being right ... cudos to both of you. You can be very proud that y'all so smart.

Question: What did Fauci say yesterday? He said they have more data, more reliable data now, AND "therefore we can make better assumptions. The MODELS ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE ASSUMPTIONS".

So when making trades on whether to shutdown the US for this back in January ... tough decisions with a LOT of variables. And both democrats and republicans were poo-pooing this ... including Cuomo.

vCash
    The problem with this is that some (not all) of those active cases will still end up in death eventually. Looking strictly at closed cases, the world is up to 18%. The US is at 36%. This is also not supremely trustworthy as there are several cases likely still considered active that are not going to result in death.

The truth is somewhere in between. We have so many cases that have come on recently that it skews our numbers in favor of a lower death rate than the world which at the same time means we skew higher in closed case death rate as we have not had necessary time to close cases. The real test is the next two weeks to see how our death rate compares to Italy and whether or not we reach critical mass and overwhelm our hospitals as Italy did.
    Dan the man,

This is a point in time snapshot, as of this morning. They are accurate according to the source! These numbers will change!!

All of the numbers posted in this thread are snapshot numbers, including yours.
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 03-30-2020 at 11:05 AM.

vCash
    I wonder how many people are going to think they have Covid-19 because of how bad the allergies are this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Chloroquinine Prolongs QT interval https://www.who.int/malaria/mpac/mpa...t-session2.pdf which, in certain individuals creates a Ventricular Arrhythmia.

Azithromycin Prolongs QT interval https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4040726/ Azithromycin, cardiovascular risks, QTc interval prolongation, torsade de pointes, which, in certain individuals creates a Ventricular Arrhythmia.

Again, not saying this is not effective treatment, but widespread use will create more ICU needed care. The very thing we are currently limited.
    Hattiesburg hospitals are treating with it and seeing a significant improvement in symptoms. This plus the antibiotic azithromycin. It’s helping the symptoms in most cases, which is what we need right now. This from one of the lead doctors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Overall tests, but not per capita, right?
    Probably not, but cases by country are just case numbers, not per capita

vCash
    Italy's cases are falling

- Thursday: 6,153 new
    - Friday: 5,959 new
    - Saturday: 5,974 new
    - Sunday: 5,217 new
    - Monday: 4,050 new

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Italy's cases are falling

- Thursday: 6,153 new
    - Friday: 5,959 new
    - Saturday: 5,974 new
    - Sunday: 5,217 new
    - Monday: 4,050 new
    I know I seem like a broken record, but is testing remaining the same? If so, this is really good news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I know I seem like a broken record, but is testing remaining the same? If so, this is really good news
    Yes, past two days:

It was between 17k and 27k last week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Yes, past two days:

It was between 17k and 27k last week
    Great, and thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Hattiesburg hospitals are treating with it and seeing a significant improvement in symptoms. This plus the antibiotic azithromycin. It?s helping the symptoms in most cases, which is what we need right now. This from one of the lead doctors.
    And, as I have said, That is how it should be used. For those in a hospital.

Others suggest it should be given to everyone. That would not be responsible.

vCash
    Louisiana is now past 4000 cases. One of my RN coworkers is going down there and making 30,000 to work 3 weeks. His hours got cut because he is in an area that does elective procedures, so he's taking vacation and going to New Orleans to work.

vCash
    Same pastor holds another 1000+ attendee church service in Louisiana yesterday
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/us/lo...rus/index.html

Banned
    vCash
    Dan the man,

This is a point in time snapshot, as of this morning. They are accurate according to the source! These numbers will change!!

All of the numbers posted in this thread are snapshot numbers, including yours.
    Did you read actually my post? It wasn't critical of you. It provided context of as you said "snapshot numbers". It is encouraging that we are currently a lower death rate, yes; however, it is best if we acknowledge why. I added the why and a those other numbers and their why as well.