Page 23 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    banks
    Here's something really interesting I came across, check the first line:

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monet...reservereq.htm

Our banks no longer are required to have reserves. Why tho? Are they expecting a run? Isn't that the reason for the deposit reserve anyway? It's pretty alarming IMO. Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about the banking system.
    Last edited by hacker; 03-18-2020 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    It means not grabbing a new mask before each patient. I think we as a country have like less than 2 weeks of masks available at the rate we should be using them.
    Yeah I've never asked her but I assume you are supposed to change after each patient. We have all been to the dentist......well maybe not all of us......but you know how much spray and scatter there is when you are getting them cleaned or drilled on. There will be a lot of salvia and other body fluids on those mask after each patient. I can verify latter, but I'm thinking a new one for each patient

vCash
    23 pages in and no mentions of the fact there were multiple direct flights from China (Wohan especially) to Italy from December until the out break started. Want to know why Italy is in bad shape. higher percentage of direct contact with already infected people coming from China. Now look at US. Most deaths have been patients with underlying health issues. It's very sad that this occurred but at the same time panicking only makes things worse. More people have died of the flue in the US than have died of this.

Please be careful and cautious and careful but lets not act like it's the end of the world

vCash
    Today: 2579 new cases and 41 new deaths in the United States
    Yesterday: 1748 new cases and 23 new deaths in the United States
    Monday: 983 new cases and 18 new deaths in the United States
    Sunday: 737 new cases and 11 new deaths in the United States

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    23 pages in and no mentions of the fact there were multiple direct flights from China (Wohan especially) to Italy from December until the out break started. Want to know why Italy is in bad shape. higher percentage of direct contact with already infected people coming from China. Now look at US. Most deaths have been patients with underlying health issues. It's very sad that this occurred but at the same time panicking only makes things worse. More people have died of the flue in the US than have died of this.

Please be careful and cautious and careful but lets not act like it's the end of the world
    I don't think the virus is more contagious if it's coming from a Chinese person. That's what you're saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Today: 2579 new cases and 41 new deaths in the United States
    Yesterday: 1748 new cases and 23 new deaths in the United States
    Monday: 983 new cases and 18 new deaths in the United States
    Sunday: 737 new cases and 11 new deaths in the United States
    Please if your going to throw these stats let's talk about average age and what were underlying health issues. Not being as ass but let's talk in facts. Should said person have contracted the flue or pneumonia what would have been the survival rate

Not downplaying this just being realistic

vCash
    I don't think the virus is more contagious if it's coming from a Chinese person. That's what you're saying.
    WTF.... no I'm saying that Italy outbreak happened due to the direct flights from China. Those on board Chinese or Italian were carrying the virus. That's why it spread so quickly

vCash
    Please if your going to throw these stats let's talk about average age and what were underlying health issues. Not being as ass but let's talk in facts. Should said person have contracted the flue or pneumonia what would have been the survival rate

Not downplaying this just being realistic
    It's mostly older people.

Here's one in his 50s
    https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...nty-confirmed/

60s
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/...from-covid-19/

60s (died at home, not even hospitalized)
    https://abc17news.com/news/2020/03/1...ovid-19-death/

vCash
    WTF.... no I'm saying that Italy outbreak happened due to the direct flights from China. Those on board Chinese or Italian were carrying the virus. That's why it spread so quickly
    It's spreading here at the exact same rate as Italy. Theirs just happened earlier.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...pore-hong-kong

vCash
    I don't discount your concern. But we are not Italy and panic does no one good.

vCash
    Here's something really interesting I came across, check the first line:

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monet...reservereq.htm

Our banks no longer are required to have reserves. Why tho? Are they expecting a run? Isn't that the reason for the deposit reserve anyway? It's pretty alarming IMO. Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about the banking system.
    Actually- by what you just said, you know everything about fractional reserve banking. You da man.

But this is a sports site.

vCash
    They even made a cute video of “hug a chinese dude”...

https://youtu.be/mNMdg4morQs

vCash
    Nissan production is shutting down for 2 weeks. Employees will be paid 32 hrs pay each week. Some with enough vacay/pto can use and get paid for the extra 8 to get it to the usual paycheck.

vCash
    We have a much sicker population than Italy. I'm not saying we will mirror Italy, but we have a very sick population with multiple chronic conditions. We have a ton of people walking around with diabetes in their 30s and 40s. Just something to think about.

vCash
    The questionnaires at places like the dentist are borderline worthless. 80% of people with it won't know they are exposed, have symptoms (including elevated temperature). Dentist offices need to close or only be doing necessary visits. Unfortunately, a lot of offices and elective surgery centers are still scheduling patients because they don't want to lose money, but its coming whether they like it or not.

vCash
    As a govt 1st responder we had a conference call today this is expected to blow up in ten to fourteen days. The govt is expecting to put up thousands of medical tents across the country for overflow containment hospitals. What infuriates me is I have to put my life on the line because we have so many 17ing imbeciles in this country out partying for spring break. We are about to witness something that will never be forgotten. Hope I'm wrong but from what I heard today I seriously doubt it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    We have a much sicker population than Italy. I'm not saying we will mirror Italy, but we have a very sick population with multiple chronic conditions. We have a ton of people walking around with diabetes in their 30s and 40s. Just something to think about.
    This is a huge concern to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    As a govt 1st responder we had a conference call today this is expected to blow up in ten to fourteen days. The govt is expecting to put up thousands of medical tents across the country for overflow containment hospitals. What infuriates me is I have to put my life on the line because we have so many 17ing imbeciles in this country out partying for spring break. We are about to witness something that will never be forgotten. Hope I'm wrong but from what I heard today I seriously doubt it.
    Yep. I think we missed our window. We are just going to be riding this out at this point.

vCash
    I don't discount your concern. But we are not Italy and panic does no one good.
    I'm fine, just pointing out facts. It probably does come off as panic to someone who's in denial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Thank you for the work you do! People don't appreciate first responders like they should in this country. I think that, and a lot of other things, are about to change forever.