Page 259 of 274 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Who says I'm a "he"????

#MAGA
    I guess that person (he/she) was assuming you are. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    This weekend was out in the metropolis of Pheba looking for some minnows to take the kids fishing. Went into the two country stores there. No mask sign in the doors and nobody wearing masks in the stores...employees or patrons. I was it. Take that back. The second store a young couple came in also wanting minnows. She had a mask in but he didn't.
    Did U find any minners?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    We still have some in MS, who either (1) don't care about the health and well being of others; (2) for some unknown reason have no clue what is going on; or (3) have the (stupid) mentality that "nobody" is going to tell them what to do and not to do.
    It?s not ?some?. It?s ?most? of Mississippians. Especially in rural areas. Everywhere I go in rural Mississippi people look at me like I?m an alien when I walk in wearing my mask.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It?s not ?some?. It?s ?most? of Mississippians. Especially in rural areas. Everywhere I go in rural Mississippi people look at me like I?m an alien when I walk in wearing my mask.
    May have our differences but thank you for aspiring to be part of the solution here instead of the problem. If everyone would listen to Tater Tot's speech the other day I feel like we could get the spread down to a manageable spot in a month to look at having college sports be able to start mid September.

Wear the Damn Mask

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Did U find any minners?
    I did. Sadly I didn't catch anything and ended up feeding them all to some ducks. At least they ate well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Southern states appear to be past peak.
    where are these charts coming from? Was looking for updated ones since the MSDH charts don't show you just new cases on the days they are reported.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    where are these charts coming from? Was looking for updated ones since the MSDH charts don't show you just new cases on the days they are reported.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Then just click on individual states

vCash
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Then just click on individual states
    Thanks. Looks like our 7 day average had dropped 31.5% from its high on July 26th. Obviously the testing lag makes that not the greatest thing to look at, but assuming our testing hasn't had any disruptions or that our backlog of tests hasn't grown, that looks good.

vCash
    Thanks. Looks like our 7 day average had dropped 31.5% from its high on July 26th. Obviously the testing lag makes that not the greatest thing to look at, but assuming our testing hasn't had any disruptions or that our backlog of tests hasn't grown, that looks good.
    Here's this about our testing...

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...es/mississippi

vCash
    I can assure you that in the Jackson Metro area, and especially Ridgeland/Madison/Flowood that 95% or more are wearing them in the typical locations---grocery and convenience stores, post offices, Academy Sports, department stores, pharmacies etc. that I have frequented the last several weeks. Obviously eating establishments are different. But the typical places everyone needs to visit for short periods of time daily.
    Last edited by State82; 08-10-2020 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    MS's 476 cases today is the lowest reported since July 13th.

vCash
    Really curious as to whether this is people being more careful or us having a critical mass of infected such that it's harder for the virus to spread. I suspect at least some of the former but hope some of the latter also.

vCash
    Spoke to a DR Saturday who is predicting cases to slowly go down as well as hospitalizations over the next month. Deaths will lag unfortunately but they to will go down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    May have our differences but thank you for aspiring to be part of the solution here instead of the problem. If everyone would listen to Tater Tot's speech the other day I feel like we could get the spread down to a manageable spot in a month to look at having college sports be able to start mid September.

Wear the Damn Mask
    My wife is a nurse so I understand the importance and I understand that masks absolutely work but it requires people to wear them. Everyone!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I can assure you that in the Jackson Metro area, and especially Ridgeland/Madison/Flowood that 95% or more are wearing them in the typical locations---grocery and convenience stores, post offices, Academy Sports, department stores, pharmacies etc. that I have frequented the last several weeks. Obviously eating establishments are different. But the typical places everyone needs to visit for short periods of time daily.
    Hattiesburg is the same. And most businesses are telling everyone they have to put on masks to come in. But travel just outside of the city limits headed towards Collins/Seminary, and you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone in a store wearing them. Just left Covington County Supply on 49. There were 3 people wearing them including myself. Probably 10 customers and 3 or 4 workers not wearing them.
    It’s the same at all gas stations and places like Dollar General.

vCash
    Hattiesburg is the same. And most businesses are telling everyone they have to put on masks to come in. But travel just outside of the city limits headed towards Collins/Seminary, and you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone in a store wearing them. Just left Covington County Supply on 49. There were 3 people wearing them including myself. Probably 10 customers and 3 or 4 workers not wearing them.
    It’s the same at all gas stations and places like Dollar General.
    I'd love to see the numbers in hattiesburg proper because they've been reasonably hardcore about masks for a while. If they haven't had very low rates, then that would make me pessimistic about the use of masks. Be hard to figure that out though since they numbers are reported by county and not sure what other areas of Lamar and Forrest are like.

vCash
    I'd love to see the numbers in hattiesburg proper because they've been reasonably hardcore about masks for a while. If they haven't had very low rates, then that would make me pessimistic about the use of masks. Be hard to figure that out though since they numbers are reported by county and not sure what other areas of Lamar and Forrest are like.
    Hawaii cases exploding on an island that requires a quarantine upon entering and a hardcore mask ordinance isn't an endorsement for masks. Now if the cases don't continue to rise, their numbers aren't bad.

vCash
    I haven't looked at the three Metro Jackson counties recently but Hinds, Madison and Rankin have been under mandatory mask orders for at least three weeks I believe. EVERY business has very visible signs that you MUST have a mask to enter. And people are very much adhering to the requirement.

vCash
    They really haven't. Nobody I'm seeing is wearing them except where they're made to. Early on, stores didn't require them even though they were mandated. It's been a mess. Convenience store customers never wear them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They really haven't. Nobody I'm seeing is wearing them except where they're made to. Early on, stores didn't require them even though they were mandated. It's been a mess. Convenience store customers never wear them.
    I’ve told my wife from the beginning, if I get it it’s from a damn convenience store.