Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    You want people to just trust the media that has been lying to them over and over? To just assume that now that things are serious, the media is going to start being serious and stop being partisan hacks?

That's obviously not happening.

https://twitter.com/juliebosman/stat...98527803768833

You can't tell people, yea, we lie and mislead all the time, but we're playing it straight this time. Even if you didn't have people that are ostensibly not on the opinion page trying to mislead people about corona virus related issues, that's not how credibility works.
    What are you talking about? The Media isn't one singular thing. The media isn't lying to you. SOME media may be lying to you, but that is your fault if you listen to them. It is on you to research your own sources. If you are getting your news from unreliable sources that is on YOU. You cant blame this on the media We saw this coming.

I am sorry but your post screams of paranoia and bad choices in news. The media hasn't been lying to me over and over again. I know how to research and fact check. I know how to figure out what is reliable and what isn't.

I am sorry if you have spent the last few years getting your news from liars. Maybe look at where you are getting your news, but dont blame this on anyone else. We make our own choices on where to get info.

To blame this on the media is lazy and flat out wrong

ETA I scanned the article you linked. I didn't see any lies in it. I am confused. Did you post that to show me an example of a news source that has correct info? The article doesn't help your argument. Not at all. What was incorrect?
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-16-2020 at 05:51 PM.