Page 228 of 274 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Game Over!

He who controls the data, controls the mind.... Say goodbye to any semblance of transparency....

Good luck to everyone on the board. My advice is to only worry about the city/community you live in and follow closely the local news. That will be the only place where you hear about your local health organization and what they're currently facing. Anything regarding information at the state or national level will be so distorted and manipulated that it won't be worth spending time on.
    Trump aside, y'all know each state releases hospital data daily without it being cleared by the cdc right? Does anybody really believe completely what trump or the cdc spouts regarding this virus? Hell even individual states can't get it right. See Florida misreporting positive rates by 90%!

Banned
    vCash
    Walmart / Sam's club requiring mask?

Night club bouncers just found a new job again. Good on walmart to create jobs for those who lost income due to the pandemic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    And for what it's worth, I could give two sh*ts about yours and a couple others' conspiracy theories. I don't normally read them anyway. There are plenty of posters on here that I may not see eye to eye with but I can respect their points of view... even MS7... but not yours.
    Ditto, I don't respect your TDS attitude either! It is a two way street brother!

vCash
    Those folks that weren't asleep elected Trump.

Man, you're so close. Take away the dichotomous conceptualization and separating people into red and blue camps and you've just about got it. There are people wearing both red and blue ties who would prefer to be told what to do and fall in lockstep, regardless of how independent they claim to be. Why? Because people are people no matter what team they cheer for. Less freedom equals less responsibility.

Remember, no matter who is elected in office, the same 100 or so mega-donors are right there through it all, keeping a close watch on the money and more.

As Fromm and/or Lonesome Rhodes (As played by Andy Griffith in A Face in the Crowd) would say: "Escape from freedom!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    Those folks that weren't asleep elected Trump.

Man, you're so close. Take away the dichotomous conceptualization and separating people into red and blue camps and you've just about got it. There are people wearing both red and blue ties who would prefer to be told what to do and fall in lockstep, regardless of how independent they claim to be. Why? Because people are people no matter what team they cheer for. Less freedom equals less responsibility.

Remember, no matter who is elected in office, the same 100 or so mega-donors are right there through it all, keeping a close watch on the money and more.

As Fromm and/or Lonesome Rhodes (As played by Andy Griffith in A Face in the Crowd) would say: "Escape from freedom!"
    I'm aware of it.

vCash
    Thus far, I know of six people who have contracted COVID-19. Two recovered at home, two required hospitalization, and two are dead. The two that required hospitalization remained in the hospital for a week and were in their early fifties, but otherwise in good health. The two that died were both elderly.
    Conspiracy? You be the judge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Thus far, I know of six people who have contracted COVID-19. Two recovered at home, two required hospitalization, and two are dead. The two that required hospitalization remained in the hospital for a week and were in their early fifties, but otherwise in good health. The two that died were both elderly.
    Conspiracy? You be the judge.
    No one here, and I mean no one is saying the virus isn't real or doesn't exist and kill or hospitalize people.

What's your point?
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 07-15-2020 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    My POINT? Read some of the posts on this thread. Listen to some of our ?leaders? who take the word of an unstable demagogue over the directives of physician?s and scientists. I guess that is my point.

vCash
    Looks like we need a new governor if we want to go for herd immunity.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/polit...herd-immunity/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker View Post
    Looks like we need a new governor if we want to go for herd immunity.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/polit...herd-immunity/
    CDC estimates 10x-12x documented cases, so our total is most likely closer to 385k-463k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    CDC estimates 10x-12x documented cases, so our total is most likely closer to 385k-463k
    And studies show herd immunity at 20%, which is where New York is using the x10 cdc factor (see Atlantic's article from this week I linked previously). My theory based on that article, NY, and NJ is that we need to get to 75k documented cases to have this thing under control (meaning cases down to like 125 a day and deaths down 3-4 a day).

vCash
    We were informed today that the USA death toll for covid-19 is higher right now from March-July than the Spanish flu pandemic during the same months in 1918. Sept -Nov the 1918 Flu mutated and went on its rampage especially the month of October. Not saying this will happen here but it will be interesting to watch what the next few months bring. Safe to all and hail state!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    And studies show herd immunity at 20%, which is where New York is using the x10 cdc factor (see Atlantic's article from this week I linked previously). My theory based on that article, NY, and NJ is that we need to get to 75k documented cases to have this thing under control (meaning cases down to like 125 a day and deaths down 3-4 a day).
    You can find a study that says pretty much anything, but what you should be looking for is scientific consensus. Most studies have herd immunity at 60% or greater.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...herd-immunity/

Herd immunity can be estimated from the R0 value with this formula: 1 - (1 / R0). For example, for herd immunity to be reached at 20%, this is the equation: 1 - (1/1.25) = 0.2. The R0 of the virus would have to be 1.25, which is lower than the flu. The R0 of the flu is ~1.6 (which means ~40% herd immunity).

And I think we all know that this virus is more contagious than the flu.

vCash
    Game Over!

He who controls the data, controls the mind.... Say goodbye to any semblance of transparency....

Good luck to everyone on the board. My advice is to only worry about the city/community you live in and follow closely the local news. That will be the only place where you hear about your local health organization and what they're currently facing. Anything regarding information at the state or national level will be so distorted and manipulated that it won't be worth spending time on.
    Numbers have been wrong since day one. Local governments changing data, labs 17ing up numbers, etc. etc. etc. The narcissistic turd won't be any better or worse. There's never been transparency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Numbers have been wrong since day one. Local governments changing data, labs 17ing up numbers, etc. etc. etc. The narcissistic turd won't be any better or worse. There's never been transparency.
    Glad you still around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    You can find a study that says pretty much anything, but what you should be looking for is scientific consensus. Most studies have herd immunity at 60% or greater.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...herd-immunity/

Herd immunity can be estimated from the R0 value with this formula: 1 - (1 / R0). For example, for herd immunity to be reached at 20%, this is the equation: 1 - (1/1.25) = 0.2. The R0 of the virus would have to be 1.25, which is lower than the flu. The R0 of the flu is ~1.6 (which means ~40% herd immunity).

And I think we all know that this virus is more contagious than the flu.
    I guess, but I would tend to give more credit herd immunity studies done on c19 instead of herd immunity generally on other viruses, particular due to the heterogeneous nature of c19. Guess we will see. I'm certainly not an expert.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/614035/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Glad you still around
    Barely. Been in the hospital. It's been a rough few weeks. But I'm at least partially alive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Walmart / Sam's club requiring mask?

Night club bouncers just found a new job again. Good on walmart to create jobs for those who lost income due to the pandemic
    I noticed last week that our local Walmart had a big burly guard out front. Mask compliance in the store is amazingly now at 100%.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Bet you some vcash that numbers start improving...

Just look at the jobs data; when published it's great. Then a week later it's revised to the actual number.

vCash
    Bet you some vcash that numbers start improving...

Just look at the jobs data; when published it's great. Then a week later it's revised to the actual number.
    Well, considering they busted all those FL labs, I'd sure hope so. No telling how much that's happening. Anyone trusting ANY government entity is a fool. The CDC failed to even look into the FL numbers, when it was obvious to a damn local reporter. They've failed us enough already with this pandemic.
    I don't trust them any more or less than the rest of the government. I just know they all suck at this.