Page 225 of 274 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    One of my best friend is an ICU nurse in Jackson hours cut back this week
    Boy, friends getting positive test that didn't take a test, nursing friends getting hours cut. Amazing... and it fits your agenda too. That's a plus.

vCash
    It is way too many pages. I think it is time to lock it and start a new one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I don't see his posts, but I'm guessing because it's higher. Lolz
    Why would you not see his posts?

vCash
    I just wanna see the excuses for this tbh

vCash
    One of my best friend is an ICU nurse in Jackson hours cut back this week
    Can you ask him why? I work in Jackson, and they're begging us and offering inventive pay to work extra. I just got a text yesterday that they've raised the incentive pay because they are so desperate for nurses. We just had to open a second floor and another ICU for COVID patients.
    Last edited by Dawg2003; 07-14-2020 at 02:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Can you ask him why? I work in Jackson, and they're begging us and offering inventive pay to work extra. I just got a text yesterday that they've raised the incentive pay because they are so desperate for nurses. We just had to open a second floor and another ICU for COVID patients.
    Unless your hospital looking to hire "imaginary" nurses, I don't think that Dawgfan77's buddy will be able to help much...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think you should look at both. I actually like 7-day avg the best. In this case though, Alabama had 3 deaths and 7 the previous 2 days, so I think a big day was expected soon. Yesterday's 7-day was tied with March 12th for the highest at 17. Today's is 21. Something to keep an eye on for sure.
    So you shortened the time frame by 4 days to ensure a spike wasn't included? Am I understanding you correctly?

If so, we know that data comes out in batches so I'm still not sure what three days are going to tell you. The window is too short in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    So you shortened the time frame by 4 days to ensure a spike wasn't included? Am I understanding you correctly?

If so, we know that data comes out in batches so I'm still not sure what three days are going to tell you. The window is too short in my opinion.
    But the guy who used a ONE day death toll in AL is ok??? gotcha, ........

vCash

The largest death total ever to Covid in Alabama is included in my window. What you talking about?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Apparently central MS is at it's max for ICU beds and people with emergencies are being turned away to other hospitals. Good luck getting treatment if you have anything other than COVID-19.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Apparently central MS is at it's max for ICU beds and people with emergencies are being turned away to other hospitals. Good luck getting treatment if you have anything other than COVID-19.
    Did you know that this happens every flu season also? Seriously...it really does. I've served on and/or with our regional MEMA unit for a while. Flu season is a whole thing. Often end up sending non-flu patients to other hospitals or out of state.

This is what doesn't make sense at all to me about pushing BACK sports. If anything we should be moving them forward. Flu season starts around the 1st of November and peaks between Dec-Feb. If we moved everything up a few weeks we could actually get football season completed before the additional surge of flu patients.

It makes no logical sense to move sports into the flu season. None whatsoever. There won't be a vaccine for Covid between now and Sept/Oct.

vCash
    Unless your hospital looking to hire "imaginary" nurses, I don't think that Dawgfan77's buddy will be able to help much...
    I'm always skeptical of these stories about someone's friend that said such and such. Someone always has a "friend" that said this or that. I'm wondering if the nurse might be a PACU or OR nurse that had hours cut because we've had to pull back on elective procedures in the area. I could see that scenario. We only have 1 ICU bed in the Tier 1 and 2 hospitals today, and it's been that way for weeks. Y'all be careful and don't anything dumb like fall off a ladder or get into an ATV accident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But the guy who used a ONE day death toll in AL is ok??? gotcha, ........
    I simply posted that AL hit an all-time high. Will be interesting to see if that becomes a trend or hopefully, just an unfortunate day.

vCash
    The Moderna vaccine is showing some real promise isn't it? Saw on Twitter just a little bit ago where they gave it to 45 patients in March and they got results back today that showed that the vaccine "revved up" the patients' immune systems.

Supposed to begin the key final testing on July 27th and are giving it to 30,000 people I believe. Can anyone comment any further if you know about this and what it means?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    The Moderna vaccine is showing some real promise isn't it? Saw on Twitter just a little bit ago where they gave it to 45 patients in March and they got results back today that showed that the vaccine "revved up" the patients' immune systems.

Supposed to begin the key final testing on July 27th and are giving it to 30,000 people I believe. Can anyone comment any further if you know about this and what it means?
    I'm pretty sure this is how the zombie apocalypse will start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is how the zombie apocalypse will start.
    Guess that means it's time to limber up and work on our cardio

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    live from Arizona......................just one thing this is not i repeat not the damn flu. i swear!

vCash
    Sure. Works at Baptist. Went to 3 12 instead of 4.

vCash
    Why do you continue to attack me? I said nothing wrong only what I'm told.

vCash
    Sure. Works at Baptist. Went to 3 12 instead of 4.
    Yeah, there are some things I could say about what Baptist is doing right now, but I won't on a public forum.