Page 220 of 274 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    This is true! The joke should have been directed at Dawgfan77. CC simply corroborated/supported Dawg's posts in his typical positive posting style.

It is my belief that some that had become dismissive are now the ones starting to pay closer attention because the virus is getting closer to their daily lives. All Hacker has tried to do (from my viewpoint) during all of this is simply point out the probability that this would happen. Each time he did so, he was attacked because he wasn't being positive enough - which itself is nonsense.

As Liverpool has pointed out with his last few posts today, there is still a lot of misinformation out there. Blame the government, the media, or whomever you'd like but the facts remain that this is considered a "novel" virus - which means it's new. Fauci was against masks initially because there were not enough in this country for everyone to have one and he can also be fired by the POTUS. As we've seen this administration isn't to keen on keeping people around that disagree with their stance on issues.
    Fauci wasn't against masks. According to him, he knew all along they were needed but lied on purpose to the public bc he was worried there would not be enough PPE for health workers. One could argue he was doing the right thing by lying to protect health workers, but it also is why nobody trusts him. If the guy will admit he Knowingly said something untrue, even for a good reason, a lot of people are not going to trust him. (And I believe in masks, I'm just saying I get why people don't trust Fauci).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Fauci wasn't against masks. According to him, he knew all along they were needed but lied on purpose to the public bc he was worried there would not be enough PPE for health workers. One could argue he was doing the right thing by lying to protect health workers, but it also is why nobody trusts him. If the guy will admit he Knowingly said something untrue, even for a good reason, a lot of people are not going to trust him. (And I believe in masks, I'm just saying I get why people don't trust Fauci).
    I agree w/ you; I misspoke. He's served under something like 6 different administrations, so he's a defacto politician himself. He's going to walk that tight rope so he can stay in his position. His grave mistake was not being honest around masks in the beginning, and I agree with you and anyone else who doesn't necessarily trust him. Unfortunately, I think he was pressured by a narcissist to lie - but in the end made the decision himself to get up and utter the words that masks were not needed.

Archimedes
    vCash
    I believe (not 100%) that health systems had a couple options - (1) Cares Act and/or PPP loan and a advancement on their Medicare payments. The PPP loans wouldn't have to be paid back if they maintain their staffing levels. The Medicare payments are a bit of a catch 22, since the health system would be reimbursed now at a rate higher than normal - BUT the government offsets that later by reducing the reimbursement and recouping their dollars.

I think there is also a premium for treating COVID patients (20% is what I've seen), but none of the above offsets the loss of elective surgery revenues.

If the cancellation of electives happens where you live and the government fails to step in to bridge the gap, it is going to demolish your local hospital.
    Most hospitals employee more than 500 employees so they didn?t qualify for PPP.

vCash
    I agree w/ you; I misspoke. He's served under something like 6 different administrations, so he's a defacto politician himself. He's going to walk that tight rope so he can stay in his position. His grave mistake was not being honest around masks in the beginning, and I agree with you and anyone else who doesn't necessarily trust him. Unfortunately, I think he was pressured by a narcissist to lie - but in the end made the decision himself to get up and utter the words that masks were not needed.
    He really should have been fired for the mask thing. Even if you grant that he had a good motive and it ultimately helped protect our healthcare system, he needs to be fired as a matter of practicality. If it was important enough to lie to the american people over, it's important enough to fall on the sword over. If masks are important, the best thing we could do is fire fauci (although it's probably late at this point) and find a few people that made apologies for the protests or gave a half hearted condemnation and fire them with the message of "This is a serious matter and masks are important. We fired the people that lied about the masks and that treated it cavalierly by pretending it wasn't serious as soon as it was politically expedient. We need people to go back to social distancing and wearing masks. We're sorry that we inadvertently gave a different message, you can trust us going forward."

May be too little too late, but can't hurt to try.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    He really should have been fired for the mask thing. Even if you grant that he had a good motive and it ultimately helped protect our healthcare system, he needs to be fired as a matter of practicality. If it was important enough to lie to the american people over, it's important enough to fall on the sword over. If masks are important, the best thing we could do is fire fauci (although it's probably late at this point) and find a few people that made apologies for the protests or gave a half hearted condemnation and fire them with the message of "This is a serious matter and masks are important. We fired the people that lied about the masks and that treated it cavalierly by pretending it wasn't serious as soon as it was politically expedient. We need people to go back to social distancing and wearing masks. We're sorry that we inadvertently gave a different message, you can trust us going forward."

May be too little too late, but can't hurt to try.
    Fauci, the CDC, the WHO and Trump all said as late as February 29th that masks aren't necessary. The reasoning was they didn't realize at the time how contagious it could be from asymptomatic carriers, so they wanted healthcare workers, who would be dealing with people with obvious symptoms, to have adequate supplies. Studies showed differently so now most of the above adamantly suggest to wearing masks.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 07-08-2020 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Fauci, the CDC, the WHO and Trump all said as late as February 29th that masks aren't necessary. The reasoning was they didn't realize at the time how contagious it could be from asymptomatic carriers, so they wanted healthcare workers, who would be dealing with people with obvious symptoms, to have adequate supplies. Studies showed differently so now most of the above adamantly suggest to wearing masks.
    But then there is this from the WHO from a few weeks ago:

http://www.emro.who.int/health-topic...tic-cases.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    But then there is this from the WHO from a few weeks ago:

http://www.emro.who.int/health-topic...tic-cases.html
    The first part said "the evidence suggests" then the last part says how difficult it is to do research on asymptomatic people. So... who the 17 knows. I'll say this... it took us 98 days to hit 1MM cases, 55 more days to hit 2MM cases and 15 more days to hit 3MM. It ain't being spread just by people that are obviously sick.

vCash
    This is true! The joke should have been directed at Dawgfan77. CC simply corroborated/supported Dawg's posts in his typical positive posting style.

It is my belief that some that had become dismissive are now the ones starting to pay closer attention because the virus is getting closer to their daily lives. All Hacker has tried to do (from my viewpoint) during all of this is simply point out the probability that this would happen. Each time he did so, he was attacked because he wasn't being positive enough - which itself is nonsense.

As Liverpool has pointed out with his last few posts today, there is still a lot of misinformation out there. Blame the government, the media, or whomever you'd like but the facts remain that this is considered a "novel" virus - which means it's new. Fauci was against masks initially because there were not enough in this country for everyone to have one and he can also be fired by the POTUS. As we've seen this administration isn't to keen on keeping people around that disagree with their stance on issues.
    Ok... here is where I draw a line. I never once attacked you. Was I debating hacker and commi dan. Yes. Did i state somethings you took out of context probably. I don't agree the Hack and Dan the commi and liberalpool dawg but I didn't appreciate them attacking me because I had a different view. I am not going to live in fear of this virus as you are but I will take precautions to ensure I don't hurt anyone. Including you. I wear a mask and I will live my life. As for you I hope you are mature enough to see that everyone has an opinion I prefer to be optimistic you prefer to be pessimistic.

You didn't have to bring me back into the conversation but shows your true colors
    Last edited by Dawgfan77; 07-08-2020 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    I hate Covidzona! I cant take this crap much longer may shoot myself in the foot. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I hate Covidzona! I cant take this crap much longer may shoot myself in the foot. Hail State!
    Just don't go full on Klinger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    What are you seeing over there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah, hacker didn't do anything most of the rest do too. Hacker just happened to do it to the nicest guy here, so it rubbed some wrong.
    Haha pretty much. I don't even know CC personally, but he's like the highly respected uncle on the board. You don't mess with Uncle CC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    who the 17 knows
    These four words accurately describe the last 4 months

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    What are you seeing over there?
    5000 new cases today....we are setting up a huge testing site in West Phoenix and everyone is blaming the govt for this surge when these a-holes opened too soon. Sick people everywhere and this is getting old. This is not a good time to be a Federal officer exposed to the public and their rudeness. Now hearing there may be no football at all. I am glad they haven't closed the liquor stores.

vCash
    Elective surgeries postponed statewide now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Elective surgeries postponed statewide now.

Is there any data on how many of these positive tests at hospitals are asymptomatic and have no covid related health issues? I know they test you at a hospital now regardless of why you are being treated at the hospital. Any insight on whether that number is significant?

vCash
    We broke 70k today in cases.

vCash
    Just 98% to go.....

vCash
    How deaths look?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just 98% to go.....
    CDC estimates 10-12x the documented cases, so if they right, 32-38 million. If their est is correct, we closer than 98%.