Page 7 of 274 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    More fear mongering from a panic person. Congrats.
    Not trying to fear monger anything, I hope people don’t take it that way.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You are obviously panicking. Every post you make on this screams it.
    Your prescription, doctor**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Do they have a tie to original case there?
    Nope. One is a 65 yr old woman who got it in NC and is at Merit. The other an older man that got it in FL. He is quarantined at home.

vCash
    I'm about to make a run on my bank and dump it in the market after a few more days of tanking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I'm about to make a run on my bank and dump it in the market after a few more days of tanking.
    Looks like it's bouncing back pretty good now. Great day

vCash
    Speaking of testing, I read an article today that said that it was discovered that the test initially used in China returned a 40% false negative result meaning 4 out of every 10 that actually had it tested negative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Speaking of testing, I read an article today that said that it was discovered that the test initially used in China returned a 40% false negative result meaning 4 out of every 10 that actually had it tested negative.
    That would mean it's much less lethal.

vCash
    Is it pride that makes people think they have to act like things are A OK because they don't want people to think they are panicking.

Staying homes as much as possible for the next couple of weeks isn't panicking. Being aware this could be very very bad. Isn't panicking.

It's being aware of what is going on. It's taking the time to look at what is happening in other countries right now.

There has to be a reason people willfully ignore smart advice from people that are actually trained on the subject.

vCash
    The younger generations don't see any difference between cash and their debit card (or credit card, for that matter). They don't even like dealing with cash. They don't want cash.

The older generation that might remember a real bank run is hunkered down and afraid to go out. Taking cash out of the bank means they would have to keep it at home and that would make them more afraid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by revdrdawg View Post
    The younger generations don't see any difference between cash and their debit card (or credit card, for that matter). They don't even like dealing with cash. They don't want cash.

The older generation that might remember a real bank run is hunkered down and afraid to go out. Taking cash out of the bank means they would have to keep it at home and that would make them more afraid.

I'm mid 50s and rarely deal in cash. Even my 85-year-old mother uses credit cards. We're no longer a cash society.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I'm mid 50s and rarely deal in cash. Even my 85-year-old mother uses credit cards. We're no longer a cash society.
    Society may not be but I’m prepared. I’ve been stashing cash for years. It may be foolish not investing that money but at times like this, it seems pretty smart. When I say cash, I’m not talking about numbers on a bank statement, I’m talking about silver coins and hundred dollar bills in a safety deposit box and a safe.

vCash
    My sister works for the state of Washington in their elderly care admin office. They have been at the center of this for nearly 2 months trying to prepare. She's been in meetings with people who hours later were quarantined because they'd had direct contact with someone who tested positive. Thursday she started feeling like shit, headaches, dry cough, etc. she tried getting tested and was told she's not a high enough risk to get one of their few tests available. She's trying to do online consultations with healthcare providers to get unofficially diagnosed anyway and can't even get through to them, she'll be arbitrarily moved up and down the queue, switched from one doctor's waiting list to another, and then just canceled altogether. Went through that cycle 5 times yesterday after spending hours on the phone and being told the online consultation was her best bet. She's in her mid-30s good health, so she's hunkered down in her apartment and will probably be fine, but it absolutely unacceptable how ****ed trump and company have handled the severity of this situation (my sisters boss said the fed testing was "a complete and utter failure" 2 weeks ago, and sure as **** it's played out like that). so there's a likely case right there that's not official for those only looking at official numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Is it pride that makes people think they have to act like things are A OK because they don't want people to think they are panicking.

Staying homes as much as possible for the next couple of weeks isn't panicking. Being aware this could be very very bad. Isn't panicking.

It's being aware of what is going on. It's taking the time to look at what is happening in other countries right now.

There has to be a reason people willfully ignore smart advice from people that are actually trained on the subject.
    There's a line at the end of the movie sorry to bother you that really hit home for me and explains why people react to abnormal shit the way they do.

"If you get shown a problem, but have no idea how to control it, then you just decide to get used to the problem."

I think that explains the psych behind folks calling everything an "overreaction".

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    Just curious, what good is all your panicking and worrying doing anybody? Take the steps you feel comfortable with to keep safe and chill out. Worry and panic accomplishes nothing
    Lmao what kind of gaslight. I'm not "panicking". I'm venting my frustration. I'm angry. Our response as a nation to this has been awful. It's going to cost more lives than it should have.

I'm recognizing where we are failing. Educating those who aren't taking this serious enough to prevent this if it were to happen again. Cause I swear if I lose a loved one (especially my grandmother) to this dumb virus, I will flip shit.

Yes, this virus is "weaker than the common flu." You're not wrong for pointing that out, you're missing the point. For the flu, we have vaccines and medication specifically made to combat it. For coronavirus we really don't. So while the flu unchecked may have a (the following are hypothetical numbers, we don't know the true numbers so I'm using placeholders to show an example) 10% kill rate, when it's checked with our heathcare system and good treatment it's only 0.01%. On the flip side the coronavirus unchecked could be a 0.5% kill rate unchecked. With our monitoring at this point we can cut that in half to 0.25%. If that's how it is then the flu is 20X more lethal than coronavirus. But if you're going to the doctor than coronavirus is 25X more lethal than the flu.

That's why we have to take this seriously. We have next to nothing to combat this specifically yet. And we sat on our ass and let this thing go uncontained when it's supposed to be invisible but in your system for up to 9 days before showing any symptoms (could have changed since then, but that was the thought weeks ago.) We had that knowledge, ignored it, sat on our ass, and now it's too late for at least 50 Americans and a number that will climb every day.

There's nothing panicking or worrying can do at this point. Anger and ensuring that whoever our leaders (as i've stated elsewhere, i don't care you political side. this should be a nonpartisan issue. either you want to help everyone american or you want to hurt every american) are prepared for this and give Americans the resources and ability to survive a pandemic.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    There's a line at the end of the movie sorry to bother you that really hit home for me and explains why people react to abnormal shit the way they do.

"If you get shown a problem, but have no idea how to control it, then you just decide to get used to the problem."

I think that explains the psych behind folks calling everything an "overreaction".
    So much this. Great movie and perfect application of that message. That quote is very relevant now. Bravo.

vCash
    https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

For the folks into data and numbers. Basically with extreme social distancing and lockdowns, mortality rate can stay under 1%, but once the hospitals get overrun mortality rate goes up to ~4%. If we wait until hospitals are already overrun to get concerned/panic/overreact then we are too late. Really we are probably already too late as folks start to develop symptoms over the next 1-2 weeks from contact prior to the "leader" of the country taking it seriously.

vCash

Yep

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

For the folks into data and numbers. Basically with extreme social distancing and lockdowns, mortality rate can stay under 1%, but once the hospitals get overrun mortality rate goes up to ~4%. If we wait until hospitals are already overrun to get concerned/panic/overreact then we are too late. Really we are probably already too late as folks start to develop symptoms over the next 1-2 weeks from contact prior to the "leader" of the country taking it seriously.
    The hospital/medical infrastructure is about to undergo a massive stress test. The lack of available treatment is a real risk. And I salute the private sector and sport league postponements. I hope it woke our leadership up....as that has been a circus response with contradictory information.
    Last edited by hp22; 03-14-2020 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    My sister works for the state of Washington in their elderly care admin office. They have been at the center of this for nearly 2 months trying to prepare. She's been in meetings with people who hours later were quarantined because they'd had direct contact with someone who tested positive. Thursday she started feeling like shit, headaches, dry cough, etc. she tried getting tested and was told she's not a high enough risk to get one of their few tests available. She's trying to do online consultations with healthcare providers to get unofficially diagnosed anyway and can't even get through to them, she'll be arbitrarily moved up and down the queue, switched from one doctor's waiting list to another, and then just canceled altogether. Went through that cycle 5 times yesterday after spending hours on the phone and being told the online consultation was her best bet. She's in her mid-30s good health, so she's hunkered down in her apartment and will probably be fine, but it absolutely unacceptable how ****ed trump and company have handled the severity of this situation (my sisters boss said the fed testing was "a complete and utter failure" 2 weeks ago, and sure as **** it's played out like that). so there's a likely case right there that's not official for those only looking at official numbers.
    I hear what you are saying, and read everything from every side, but have questions(honestly asking)
    1. Trump had a travel ban on China Jan 31, and Europe just a few days ago.....both were criticized heavily by democrats. Did they F it up also by criticizing the travel bans? What if we followed the democrats comments and not had the travel bans? I cannot follow on here who is giving facts and who is starting to let their political leanings get into the comments.
    2. The government testing procedures etc. are government regulations already in place for years, and red tape for any private company to just step in and provide testing etc, right? At least the way I hear it. And so Trump recently has put pressure to allow private companies to get involved. Honestly correct me here if I misunderstand.
    3. To me these intermingling of political comments is exactly why people are questioning any data being presented, and why it could be harmful to the public on really trusting who is providing data only

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I hear what you are saying, and read everything from every side, but have questions(honestly asking)
    1. Trump had a travel ban on China Jan 31, and Europe just a few days ago.....both were criticized heavily by democrats. Did they F it up also by criticizing the travel bans? What if we followed the democrats comments and not had the travel bans? I cannot follow on here who is giving facts and who is starting to let their political leanings get into the comments.
    2. The government testing procedures etc. are government regulations already in place for years, and red tape for any private company to just step in and provide testing etc, right? At least the way I hear it. And so Trump recently has put pressure to allow private companies to get involved. Honestly correct me here if I misunderstand.
    3. To me these intermingling of political comments is exactly why people are questioning any data being presented, and why it could be harmful to the public on really trusting who is providing data only
    1. Could you source that. I want to know who thinks it's a bad idea. The only criticism that I've been aware is how long it took to get to this point.

2. It's not about private testing or any of that. It's the fact that American's can't afford it. Katie Porter had to hold the director of the CDC's feet to the fire for him to commit to using an authority he had known about for a week to allow for free testing of the American people. The procedures being set the way they are for years is a cheap argument. Why do you think one of the furthest right countries is behind all these leftist countries on our testing policies and procedures. It's got to be because of the left stopping the right from being progressive****

3. Politics always makes people think there is an agenda. The only agenda I have is protecting my loved ones. The leaders in office currently have shown they pose a direct threat to that with their incompetence on this issue. They either need to adapt and learn or be replaced. The fact of the matter is that healthcare shouldn't be an issue here. We shouldn't have to side with pro-choice abortion just because we have the common sense that we should all be able to survive getting sick. Shouldn't have to side against your religious belief that a marriage is a covenant between a man and a woman to support your religious belief that you should support thy neighbor.

It's simple really. The leaders of this country have proven themselves unfit to handle a national emergency correctly. Regardless of anything else, they should be replaced with people who will enact policies that will better protect and serve this country. Regardless of political affiliation.

vCash

Who needs Cash???

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17