Page 260 of 274 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    This downward trend in Mississippi is encouraging and I hope it continues. The fly in the ointment, so to speak, is many schools are now starting to open which could lead to more spikes. This explosion in cases during the summer months really surprised me as I was expecting cases to drop, only to rise dramatically as we entered the winter months.

vCash
    New cases rebounded a little today with 644 new cases and 33 additional deaths. I remain cautiously optimistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    New cases rebounded a little today with 644 new cases and 33 additional deaths. I remain cautiously optimistic.
    I'm actually pretty thrilled with that total of new cases on a Tuesday. Last Tuesday was 1074. Now the deaths continue to be awful and very concerning. Only 7 states and DC have a worse deaths per million than us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm actually pretty thrilled with that total of new cases on a Tuesday. Last Tuesday was 1074. Now the deaths continue to be awful and very concerning. Only 7 states and DC have a worse deaths per million than us.
    That's not really that bad at this point. We have a population that is much more susceptible and we have been getting hit pretty hard presumably due to AC use and time indoors. Granted we benefited a ton from not getting hit in the late winter/spring like some of the northeastern states, but that will be pretty good if we stay 7th worst since so much of the cake was baked by the health of our population on metrics that matter the most for COVID (i.e., obesity, blood pressures, heart disease, etc)

vCash
    This. This is the best Tuesday in a while. Good news. Of course we obviously have to get to zero to play so there's that....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    That's not really that bad at this point. We have a population that is much more susceptible and we have been getting hit pretty hard presumably due to AC use and time indoors. Granted we benefited a ton from not getting hit in the late winter/spring like some of the northeastern states, but that will be pretty good if we stay 7th worst since so much of the cake was baked by the health of our population on metrics that matter the most for COVID (i.e., obesity, blood pressures, heart disease, etc)
    I read somewhere yesterday that we're expected to end up 3rd behind NJ and NY.

vCash
    I read somewhere yesterday that we're expected to end up 3rd behind NJ and NY.
    You have to figure we have the highest percentage of Blacks of all the states and Blacks seem to be more vulnerable than whites.

vCash
    Last Thursday in Mississippi: 956
    Today: 612

vCash
    The numbers this week have been encouraging and the 7 day average has really taken a downward turn. However, with schools starting back up, the next 10-14 days will be massive.

vCash
    The media is on a Covid blitz today. It's the end of the 17ing world this fall/winter because of the flu now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The media is on a Covid blitz today. It's the end of the 17ing world this fall/winter because of the flu now.
    I wonder did anyone have Covid 19 and the flu at the same time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I wonder did anyone have Covid 19 and the flu at the same time?
    No. The flu absolutely ended once COVID got media popular!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It very well might be, but the media should be the ones that are blamed for that. The fear mongering they preach every damn day has caused a portion of people to literally hole themselves up inside for months so naturally their immune systems are going to be weaker and it's going to be tougher to fight the flu. I've been saying that since April, but somehow I'm sure they'll figure out a way to blame it on young people or Trump. They're pretty good at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The numbers this week have been encouraging and the 7 day average has really taken a downward turn. However, with schools starting back up, the next 10-14 days will be massive.
    Deaths have also started a pretty sharp turn downward, which is a little surprising. Would have thought it'd be another week before we started to see any improvement there.

vCash
    The Rack........ Collins MS. I won't do business there again. Went in again today and was once again the only person wearing a mask. 3 employees, a vendor, and 3-4 customers. I should have walked out but I needed something. They think this virus is a farce.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    The Rack........ Collins MS. I won't do business there again. Went in again today and was once again the only person wearing a mask. 3 employees, a vendor, and 3-4 customers. I should have walked out but I needed something. They think this virus is a farce.
    I'm pretty sure you can report businesses not complying with the order. I know for sure you can report restaurants to Dobbs & co. I'm sure we will be reminded again at 2:30 today...
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iPat09 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can report businesses not complying with the order. I know for sure you can report restaurants to Dobbs & co. I'm sure we will be reminded again at 2:30 today...
    I wear a mask and have no problem with it, but I would hope nobody would turn in any small businesses at this point. Most of them are just doing whatever they can to save their life's work and I'd hope nobody would narc on them for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I wear a mask and have no problem with it, but I would hope nobody would turn in any small businesses at this point. Most of them are just doing whatever they can to save their life's work and I'd hope nobody would narc on them for that.
    Yeah. I prefer not to become MI, IL, NY, NJ

vCash
    People shouldn't blame the media for reporting on a pandemic that's being called a hoax by political leaders. Thank God we have a media to correct our government's talking points on this... you wouldn't know which way is north between all the misinformation, disinformation, and lack of consistency between the White House, Task Force, and CDC.

If everyone would put on a mask and socially distance in a responsible way, this thing would be under control. 3% spread rate if the infected person is wearing a mask. If asymptotic people would wear masks, it would essentially end it.

vCash
    I?m with Hack.