Page 60 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    13347 new cases and 247 new deaths in the United States today

> 1000 total deaths

vCash
    Not trying to belittle the situation at all, and I understand we need to "control it ". But that's only Bc of hospitals. This thing is going to run its course non matter what we do. There is not such thing as lock down. People have to eat and get Medicine etc. so you can't keep everyone home.... heck 1mil plus die in car crashes every year and that doesn't stop traffic....but the side effects of this, suicide, depression, etc will equal the death toll in the US when this is all said and done it's sad. There is a way to slow it, but no way to stop it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

> 1000 total deaths
    Dude..... you are nothing but pessimism when it comes to this shit. I get it..... we're ****ed. But at least give some optimism. Like..... Italy may have peaked and is showing upside. Or..... a lot of states in the US locked down early and it may have helped the spread of the virus. All you keep talking about is how many people have died. **** you man. I hear enough of that shit on the news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Dude..... you are nothing but pessimism when it comes to this shit. I get it..... we're ****ed. But at least give some optimism. Like..... Italy may have peaked and is showing upside. Or..... a lot of states in the US locked down early and it may have helped the spread of the virus. All you keep talking about is how many people have died. **** you man. I hear enough of that shit on the news.
    Those are just the numbers he is posting. If it causes feelings of "pessimism" how is that his fault? Seriously, dude. Those numbers represent humans who've died from this, so how does ignoring or downplaying them in any way do them any sort of justice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not trying to belittle the situation at all, and I understand we need to "control it ". But that's only Bc of hospitals. This thing is going to run its course non matter what we do. There is not such thing as lock down. People have to eat and get Medicine etc. so you can't keep everyone home.... heck 1mil plus die in car crashes every year and that doesn't stop traffic....but the side effects of this, suicide, depression, etc will equal the death toll in the US when this is all said and done it's sad. There is a way to slow it, but no way to stop it.
    And a lot more people will die in car crashes if they can't get a hospital bed. The whole point of social distancing is to try to slow down the spread of the virus so that hospitals aren't at capacity.

vCash
    Jeez. I've posted a lot of "good" numbers.

Here's one more, hope it helps:

- Mississippi's new cases were down today and have been roughly the same for the past 4 days

vCash
    Right now is the time people should put their "gut feelings" and their "common sense" on the back burner and listen to the people in the field of study.

Lockdowns won't be perfect, some will still be assholes, but locking as much down as possible might keep.this from going from bad to catastrophic.

vCash
    This! 100% agree.

vCash

- Mississippi's new cases were down today and have been roughly the same for the past 4 days
    You have talked about the fatality percentage in nearly every post on this thread.

vCash
    You have talked about the fatality percentage in nearly every post on this thread.
    I'll lighten the mood. America will end up being stronger when we come out of this. We are resilient and always have been. When the final numbers hit it'll look like we did a pretty dang good job handling this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I'll lighten the mood. America will end up being stronger when we come out of this. We are resilient and always have been. When the final numbers hit it'll look like we did a pretty dang good job handling this.
    Classic move. Go with a joke to lighten the mood.

vCash
    Delete
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-26-2020 at 08:34 AM.

vCash

> 1000 total deaths
    Death rate at 3 per million right now, which is tied with Germany and South Korea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    So let me get something straight. And before I get this straight I'll just say this ... When people were bashing Obama in 2009 over H1N1, I defended him. And it primarily affected my age group. When I defend Trump now, it's for the same reason and while I'm close to being in the affected age group, I'm not quite there just yet. The reason I defended both Obama and Trump is ... when you're trading all the possible impacts due to either disease they're in untenable positions. There are no good options.

Now for what I'm trying to get straight. If I'm reading it right from a source or two ... We can shut the country down, have almost everyone teleworking, probably virtually destroy whole segments of our economy (hotels, airlines, cruises, travel, restaurants, some entertainment, etc.) and the folks that wanted to do all of that are up in arms now cause Trump (and Fauci) say that anyone traveling out of NY to other states should self quarantine for 14 days. Seriously???

Seems to be the same folks that trashed him for shutting travel from China down.

In the meantime, let's open up the political/religious debate on this thread to ... does anyone really think those industries mentioned above will be able to rebound very quickly immediately following the defeat of the virus?
    You should know by now that anything trump does is the wrong thing.

vCash
    Yup

vCash

Are the # tested the same as before? I’d assume it’s at least equal if not higher.

vCash
    To be fair, in the beginning of the thread, he said he was just interested in the statistics. He's literally just relaying numbers.

vCash
    What's Washington state's numbers looking like since they essentially led off in the US? I can find total numbers, but not day-by-day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What's Washington state's numbers looking like since they essentially led off in the US? I can find total numbers, but not day-by-day

Much, much better than NY

Here's a link to the numbers: https://covidtracking.com/data/state...ngton/#history

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Are the # tested the same as before? I’d assume it’s at least equal if not higher.
    It's hard to tell because MSDH doesn't give info on the # tests coming in from private labs, but their official numbers were actually quite lower yesterday.

71 official tests, 57 positive

The day before was 480 tests, 71 positive

It's hard to make sense of the test #s. I wish they'd start counting negatives from outside sources.
    Last edited by hacker; 03-26-2020 at 09:23 AM.