Page 90 of 274 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    And on the flip side .. they're reporting anyone that dies with covid in a hospital as dying from it, when some are within a year to 5 years of dying anyway due to underlying conditions.
    Yes, this is how deaths are reported. Nothing special about covid. If that same person with underlying conditions got the flu and died from it, that's a flu death. Or if that person got in a car wreck and died, that's an auto accident death. There is no flip side.

You ever hear of people who were supposed to die at a young age but ended up living a long, fruitful life? You can't just say because somebody is "supposed" to die within a couple years that they don't count. IMO anyway.
    Last edited by hacker; 04-08-2020 at 09:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Yes, this is how deaths are reported. Nothing special about covid. If that same person with underlying conditions got the flu and died from it, that's a flu death. Or if that person got in a car wreck and died, that's an auto accident death. There is no flip side.

You ever hear of people who were supposed to die at a young age but ended up living a long, fruitful life? You can't just say because somebody is "supposed" to die within a couple years that they don't count. IMO anyway.
    So if someone has stage four cancer and has less than a month to live and has covid and it's counted as a covid case, THats how it works?? I get it, more people have died from it than reported. And more have contracted it, most of which we wil never know. And I don't think it's close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    And on the flip side .. they're reporting anyone that dies with covid in a hospital as dying from it, when some are within a year to 5 years of dying anyway due to underlying conditions.
    That's not really the flip side. You are saying that when covid speeds up the dying process.....by up to 5 years.....it shouldn't be attributed to covid?

That doesn't make much sense tbh. Thats one reason why this is such a dangerous illness. We knew that this was s very lethal for people with pre-existing conditions.

But if it knocks 1-5 years off your life, then absolutely it should be included.

If someone with COVID gets shot in the head, it should not count. But If someone with a weak heart or a heart condition is in the hospital because they are sick enough with COVID to be hospitalized and they die...that should count.
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 04-08-2020 at 10:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So if someone has stage four cancer and has less than a month to live and has covid and it's counted as a covid case, THats how it works?? I get it, more people have died from it than reported. And more have contracted it, most of which we wil never know. And I don't think it's close.
    Exactly!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Dantheman- quick question for you since you know it all about healthcare.

COVID patients need to be placed in negative pressure room. Who in the hospital ensures that patient rooms have the correct pressure? To help you - it isn't a nurse, physician, or data analyst. I'll wait to hear your answer now that I've ruled out some options for you...and by your answer please let me know if that role is "healthcare related" or "someone on the front lines"....
    He can know WHAT he's doing and not understand WHY he's doing it. Again that's why I said I consider those working closely with the patients AND privy to the data as the front lines.

As for thinking i said healthcare is only the clinicians, you are the one who needs to reread. I said people of that ilk are the frontline. I consider myself healthcare even though I'm not in the hospital.

You're missing the point that I'm making. Matt clearly showed 0 knowledge of actual healthcare data. Ergo he likely works a job in a hospital where he has no access to data. If you want to call that front lines because he's physically in the hospital then fine, we have different definitions. Again I believe being there AND having access to the data is the front lines. I haven't met a single person other than him who claimed to have access to the data whether front lines or not that held the same opinion.

vCash
    So, you have no idea then?

vCash
    That would be an extreme minority, likely statistically negligent, number of patients. The death numbers we have are going to be pretty close to accurate and that's with give or take.

vCash
    Yes. Like I said earlier, if they got in an auto accident on the way to the cancer clinic, it'd be an auto fatality. That is how deaths are reported. The acute cause of death.

Just for posterity, for anyone thinking the death toll is inflated:

Dr. Birx on the subject:

?We have heard both sides,? Dr. Birx said. ?We have made it clear about the comorbidities. Most of the people -- and we talked about the Italy data -- the majority of Italians who succumbed to this had three or more comorbidities. This has been known from the beginning. Those individuals will have an underlying condition, but that underlying condition did not cause their acute death when related to a COVID infection. In fact, it is the opposite. Having an underlying condition and getting this virus is particularly damaging to those individuals.?

Dr. Fauci:

Infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci on Wednesday called conspiracy theories suggesting the novel coronavirus death toll is inflated because sick people are dying with the virus ? not because of it ? "nothing but distractions."

What they're saying: Fauci said at the White House press briefing, "You will always have conspiracy theories when you have very challenging public health crises. They are nothing but distractions."

Trump:
    President Donald Trump said that he believes the death counts published by state health organizations, Johns Hopkins University and the CDC are accurate.

?I think they are pretty accurate,? Trump said. ?Somebody dies. I think the states have been pretty accurate. That's a big deal, what you just said the death counts, I think they are very accurate.?
    Last edited by hacker; 04-09-2020 at 07:41 AM.

vCash
    Let's talk about some good news. Our curve of new cases definitely appears to be flattening and at the same time our % of positive tests is dropping. We've had around 9 days in a row between 25K-35K new cases. Hospitalizations are falling in NYC. Hospital discharges are up in NYC. NYC is not going to run out of ventilators or hospital beds unless something drastically changes. Mississippi's new cases have been flat for a while as well.

This is happening because of social distancing. It's working.

We're still going to have to ride out the plateau and the drop of the curve in our quarantines. Probably 1-2 more months. Deaths will continue to rise for another week or two then start dropping. Then we'll need a plan for preventing future outbreaks. When school and college and everything starts back up in the fall, if we're not careful, this will happen again.

vCash
    Yes. Like I said earlier, if they got in an auto accident on the way to the cancer clinic, it'd be an auto fatality. That is how deaths are reported. The acute cause of death.

Just for posterity, for anyone thinking the death toll is inflated:

Dr. Birx on the subject:

Dr. Fauci:

Trump:
    Everyone has their own perspective and what they believe. I respect that. But I personally think they are trying to inflate the numbers. Not for political reason. They shut our entire economy down base on models that were way off and those models took into account social distancing. Everything they screamed about did not come true. Not enough ventilators not enough beds or ICU units. They have been so off on every thing. I suspect we are one more drastic lowering of the death rate from President Trump telling them to kiss his ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Everyone has their own perspective and what they believe. I respect that. But I personally think they are trying to inflate the numbers. Not for political reason. They shut our entire economy down base on models that were way off and those models took into account social distancing. Everything they screamed about did not come true. Not enough ventilators not enough beds or ICU units. They have been so off on every thing. I suspect we are one more drastic lowering of the death rate from President Trump telling them to kiss his ass.
    This. The apocalyptic numbers being beat into us at the beginning of this were never going to happen and those projections are not even going to be close to accurate when this is all said and done. I sat in the office of one of the nations best infectious disease doctors a month ago and he just shook his head at the extreme numbers that were being projected. A doctor with over 25+ years in the field(not some medical theorist). He told me the numbers would be nowhere close to what was being projected even if we did nothing. The damage to our economy and peoples lives are going to be far greater than the effects of this virus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I posted a quote from Trump saying the numbers were accurate. What more do you want?

And why did those things not come true? Here, I'll help:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    He can know WHAT he's doing and not understand WHY he's doing it. Again that's why I said I consider those working closely with the patients AND privy to the data as the front lines.

As for thinking i said healthcare is only the clinicians, you are the one who needs to reread. I said people of that ilk are the frontline. I consider myself healthcare even though I'm not in the hospital.

You're missing the point that I'm making. Matt clearly showed 0 knowledge of actual healthcare data. Ergo he likely works a job in a hospital where he has no access to data. If you want to call that front lines because he's physically in the hospital then fine, we have different definitions. Again I believe being there AND having access to the data is the front lines. I haven't met a single person other than him who claimed to have access to the data whether front lines or not that held the same opinion.
    A pathogen doesn't care about who knows data, as it doesn't discriminate.

Let me simplify this for you yet again - if you're currently working in a position that is deemed "essential" and your work exposes you to the chance of contracting the virus - you're on the front lines. That could be in a hospital, grocery store, delivering supplies, etc. Please stop trying to twist what you initially said by adding additional criteria to make it seem like what you do is any more important than someone else.

vCash
    Actually you're thinking of the Atkinson guy he fired last friday. Fine is a totally different person he removed from this group. Man has been busy removing people in his way, so I excuse you for getting the two messed up. Removing the chosen leader of this group is effectively cutting the group's decision making off at the head and saying they have to bend to him.

And the impeachment did not distract from COVID. There was a month after the end of inaction by Trump. That's ludicrous to suggest the aftermath of that distracted him that long when he was calling it the liberal's new hoax at campaign rallies a month later. She clearly had enough time to investigate to reach that dumb conclusion.
    No. I'm not. I'm referring to Fine, who was replaced by Sean O'Donnel, on the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee.

You really should change whatever channel you're watching...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

vCash
    I posted a quote from Trump saying the numbers were accurate. What more do you want?

And why did those things not come true? Here, I'll help:

I'm still going to believe what I want to believe. So far 16 million plus americans have lost jobs.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    No. I'm not. I'm referring to Fine, who was replaced by Sean O'Donnel, on the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee.

You really should change whatever channel you're watching...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp
    It's. In. The. Article. You. Linked.

"On Friday, the president notified Congress that he was removing Michael Atkinson as the inspector general of the intelligence community — a decision that Trump acknowledged was in response to Atkinson’s having alerted lawmakers to the existence of a whistleblower complaint about the president’s dealings with Ukraine. The matter ultimately led to Trump’s impeachment in the House before his acquittal in the Senate."

Coldsleeve Jr: "Perhaps the president doesn't want someone leading that committee that staged false claims that led to a phony impeachment scam that took the attention away from covid19."

I'm tuned into the same channel you are tuned into bud. And you still can't get it right. Holy moly.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    A pathogen doesn't care about who knows data, as it doesn't discriminate.

Let me simplify this for you yet again - if you're currently working in a position that is deemed "essential" and your work exposes you to the chance of contracting the virus - you're on the front lines. That could be in a hospital, grocery store, delivering supplies, etc. Please stop trying to twist what you initially said by adding additional criteria to make it seem like what you do is any more important than someone else.
    No, you're twisting what I said there. I've never said my job is "more important". I've said my job gives me more access. I am more informed. That does not mean that I'm "more important".

vCash
    It's. In. The. Article. You. Linked.

"On Friday, the president notified Congress that he was removing Michael Atkinson as the inspector general of the intelligence community — a decision that Trump acknowledged was in response to Atkinson’s having alerted lawmakers to the existence of a whistleblower complaint about the president’s dealings with Ukraine. The matter ultimately led to Trump’s impeachment in the House before his acquittal in the Senate."

Coldsleeve Jr: "Perhaps the president doesn't want someone leading that committee that staged false claims that led to a phony impeachment scam that took the attention away from covid19."

I'm tuned into the same channel you are tuned into bud. And you still can't get it right. Holy moly.
    I'm embarrassed for you...

"Glenn Fine, who had been the acting Pentagon inspector general, was informed Monday that he was being replaced at the Defense Department by Sean W. O’Donnell, currently the inspector general at the Environmental Protection Agency. O’Donnell will simultaneously be inspector general at the EPA and acting IG at the Pentagon until a permanent replacement is confirmed for the Defense Department."

"Late last month, Fine was selected by the head of a council of inspectors general to lead the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee, created by the March 27 law."

vCash

This is inconsistent with what read. Can't remember the source, but it definitely wasn't something like CDC literature or anything, but I read that if somebody with say cancer or aids gets the flu and/or pneumonia and dies because of their weakened immune system, that would would be recorded as something like "complications related to cancer" or "complications related to aids". No clue if that's right or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This is inconsistent with what read. Can't remember the source, but it definitely wasn't something like CDC literature or anything, but I read that if somebody with say cancer or aids gets the flu and/or pneumonia and dies because of their weakened immune system, that would would be recorded as something like "complications related to cancer" or "complications related to aids". No clue if that's right or not.
    I'd think this was correct. Take AIDS, it doesn't kill you, does it? I think it just weakens your immune system to the point where something else does. The death would still be AIDS though, right?