Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
This is true! The joke should have been directed at Dawgfan77. CC simply corroborated/supported Dawg's posts in his typical positive posting style.

It is my belief that some that had become dismissive are now the ones starting to pay closer attention because the virus is getting closer to their daily lives. All Hacker has tried to do (from my viewpoint) during all of this is simply point out the probability that this would happen. Each time he did so, he was attacked because he wasn't being positive enough - which itself is nonsense.

As Liverpool has pointed out with his last few posts today, there is still a lot of misinformation out there. Blame the government, the media, or whomever you'd like but the facts remain that this is considered a "novel" virus - which means it's new. Fauci was against masks initially because there were not enough in this country for everyone to have one and he can also be fired by the POTUS. As we've seen this administration isn't to keen on keeping people around that disagree with their stance on issues.
Fauci wasn't against masks. According to him, he knew all along they were needed but lied on purpose to the public bc he was worried there would not be enough PPE for health workers. One could argue he was doing the right thing by lying to protect health workers, but it also is why nobody trusts him. If the guy will admit he Knowingly said something untrue, even for a good reason, a lot of people are not going to trust him. (And I believe in masks, I'm just saying I get why people don't trust Fauci).