Page 19 of 274 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    nope. The people dismissing this are embarrassing. And truth be told I have zero respect for them. The writing has been on the wall. If you were still calling this an overreaction and blaming it on the media last Friday then you are legitimately stupid, dangerous, and gullible fool. There is zero excuse not to know what's going on. And that means you willfully ignored this. Which is embarrassing. And I dont really care what their opinion of me is. They are not the kind of people I want to like me.

Ive tried to be nicer here, because I think this board is a more intelligent and reasonable bunch. That other board is full of blathering idiots.
    We get it. You're scared shitless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    We get it. You're scared shitless.
    Nope not scared. I am just obnoxious and a loudmouth. And I have zero respect for someone like you, so I'm going to be a loudmouth about it.

See people like you are scared. You are scared of smart people. You don't trust science and medical experts because you can't understand what they are saying. So you retreat into sone big tough guy act.

Yet when the shit hits the fan it will be people like you asking for sympathy because your grandpa is sick. It will be people like you looking to blame someone else.

All because you are too stupid to understand. I would feel sorry for your lack of critical thinking skills, but you don't deserve it... because with this, your stupidity is dangerous
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-18-2020 at 10:22 AM.

vCash
    Ran across this this morning. Interesting read, and gives us some optimism for a treatment.

https://www.marketwatch.com/articles...?mod=home-page
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Nope not scared. I am just obnoxious and a loudmouth. And I have zero respect for someone like you, so I'm going to be a loudmouth about it.

See people like you are scared. You are scared of smart people. You don't trust science and medical experts because you can't understand what they are saying. So you retreat into sone big tough guy act.

Yet when the shit hits the fan it will be people like you asking for sympathy because your grandpa is sick. It will be people like you looking to blame someone else.

All because you are too stupid to understand. I would feel sorry for your lack of critical thinking skills, but you don't deserve it
    I'm a rocket scientist ... not kidding. What do you do for a living? Of course being a rocket scientist doesn't necessarily make me brilliant or anything. I've also seen a lot of dumb, impractical people with a lot of "credentials" in my career. Just because someone has "MD or PhD" after their name doesn't mean they necessarily are at the top of their profession.

My Dad just died at 79. When you're 79 it's getting close to your time to die. I lost an ex-wife I was still close to and cared about last year. Those 30 year old couples with 3 kids are gonna be devastated so we can minimize the risks to a lot of older folks. Not that I don't care about or have compassion for older folks but destroying the economy and younger folks' lives over this is something I'm questioning a good bit.

I don't have the answers and neither do you. However, I'm not freaking out about it. I imagine you're about 60 years old and are petrified. So let's declare marshall law so you can be safe.

vCash
    I'm a rocket scientist ... not kidding. What do you do for a living? Of course being a rocket scientist doesn't necessarily make me brilliant or anything. I've also seen a lot of dumb, impractical people with a lot of "credentials" in my career. Just because someone has "MD or PhD" after their name doesn't mean they necessarily are at the top of their profession.

My Dad just died at 79. When you're 79 it's getting close to your time to die. I lost an ex-wife I was still close to and cared about last year. Those 30 year old couples with 3 kids are gonna be devastated so we can minimize the risks to a lot of older folks. Not that I don't care about or have compassion for older folks but destroying the economy and younger folks' lives over this is something I'm questioning a good bit.

I don't have the answers and neither do you. However, I'm not freaking out about it. I imagine you're about 60 years old and are petrified. So let's declare marshall law so you can be safe.
    Can you just try and not be a jerk for a little while? Please?

And by the way, there's a significant number of younger people that are suffering with this disease too. It's not just "old" people (according to your definition of old, of course). There are three people in Dallas county (where community spread is just starting) that are in critical condition, and two of them are in their 20s.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash

lol.

Im in my early 40s. I work in finance.

Its amazing you still dont understand. Why do you think other countries, states, and cities are doing a lock down? Do you think they are all listening to people with MDs and PHDs that are not at the top of the game? Do you think they are petrified?

My favorite part of your post is the one about destroying the economy. That shows me without a doubt you are horribly misinformed and short sighted. It shows me that you are so shortsighted you dont understand a quicker shutdown could mean a shorter one. The ironic thing about this is your attitude is the one that is going to hurt the economy MORE. Delaying the response is going to be worse on the country from a healthcare and a economic standpoint. Its baffling you choose to ignore this

vCash

See people like you are scared. You are scared of smart people. You don't trust science and medical experts because you can't understand what they are saying.. So you retreat into sone big tough guy act.

All because you are too stupid to understand. I would feel sorry for your lack of critical thinking skills, but you don't deserve it... because with this, your stupidity is dangerous

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. Stop lashing out. You don't know one single thing about how this person is actively going about their day to day life.

You just attack and deflect with "My sources are better than yours" and "You're wrong, I'm right". Get a grip dude. That may be true sometimes but you really don't know anything other than what you're being told and even the experts are treading water right now trying to figure this out.

Why do you feel like you can state all of this like it's fact and tell others what is and what isn't?
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 03-18-2020 at 10:46 AM.

vCash
    Calm down!

Ok everybody, I'm from the government and I am here to help!

Feel better already? Trying to lighten the mood just a bit. Be safe and smart, we will get through this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. Stop lashing out. You don't know one single thing about how this person is actively going about their day to day life.

You just attack and deflect with "My sources are better than yours" and "You're wrong, I'm right". Get a grip dude. That may be true sometimes but you really don't know anything other than what you're being told and even the experts are treading water right now trying to figure this out.

Why do you feel like you can state all of this like it's fact and tell others what is and what isn't?
    Because I'm going with the vast majority of the people that have been ahead of us on this. That's the thing. We have been watching this unfold in other countries.

And sources matter. There have been warnings us for a while. There is clear line that divides the people blaming this on the media and the people that are telling people this is very serious. The line is easy to see because the people calling it an overreaction and media hysteria get their news from one type of source.

So I'm confident, because of where I get my info. They are looking at what has actually happened...the ones shouting overeation.....well they are using "common sense" or listening to news that has deliberately tried to play this down.
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-18-2020 at 10:59 AM.

vCash
    To everyone in this thread:
    Last edited by Pinto; 03-18-2020 at 11:02 AM.

vCash
    Because I'm going with the vast majority of the people that have been ahead of us on this. That's the thing. We have been watching this unfold in other countries.

And sources matter. There have been warnings us for a while. There is clear line that divides the people blaming this on the media and the people that are telling people this is very serious. The line is easy to see because the people calling it an overreaction and media hysteria get their news from one type of source.

So I'm confident, because of where I get my info. They are looking at what has actually happened...the ones shouting overeation.....well they are using "common sense" or listening to news that has deliberately tried to play this down.
    Correct sources do matter, but by the same token, you don't want to be a lemming either!

vCash
    So who is working from Home or still having to go in? My wife started the week at home and I joined yesterday. Her office is offically closed, mine is "open" but a very light skeleton crew for now.

vCash

Step into reality. Not one single person on this Earth has been or are "ahead on this". You are comparing apples and oranges and pretending like this is all going on in a vacuum.

You are acting like Shotgun and our history with 5* recruits and trying to "raise awareness" and being irrational and muting conversation because you have sources that no one else can access or something.

You are casting blanket comments over anyone who waivers off of your beliefs and what you've read. Most may, in fact, be accurate but you aren't accomplishing anything other than being a dick who thinks they are going to be the one and the only person who said I told yall so or you know something as fact. Try a new approach.

At this point, even the experts you are reading from can't say they know a thing without a doubt about this and how things will play out. Stop pretending like there are and just play your part without trying your damndest to blatantly be obnoxious. When was the last time you listened to anyone who was being this way? Right or wrong. Most people choose to ignore or criticize people acting like you are.

Try something else because you clearly aren't successful at conveying the message you are attempting to convey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post

Lessee .. he calls people stupid, pathethic, they're listening to wrong news sources, etc. etc. while wishing death on their family members cause they don't agree with him. All while running around like Chicken Little saying the sky is falling, yet he isn't afraid.

And Joebob asks me to quit being a jerk about it SMDH.

vCash

I learned a long time ago...people who proclaim to be "smart", are the biggest collection of dumbasses you can find. They generally have no reasoning abilities, nor interpersonal skills. They struggle with humanity in general.
    Your condescending bullshit is beyond old. We know your stance. Move along.

vCash
    Lessee .. he calls people stupid, pathethic, they're listening to wrong news sources, etc. etc. while wishing death on their family members cause they don't agree with him. All while running around like Chicken Little saying the sky is falling, yet he isn't afraid.

And Joebob asks me to quit being a jerk about it SMDH.
    Nope. Never wished death on anyone. But I guess lying is expected from someone like you.
    I think you said yourself people will die. Old sick people. Someone said that wasn't worth hurting the economy. I don't wish death on those people. But, like you said if people have to die, I hope it isn't the people that have been "freaking out".

And since you can't come up with an original intelligence response you use the tired old cliche of being scared.

Sorry you have been wrong about this all along. It's going to be interesting to see how long you dig your heels in and die on this hill.
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-18-2020 at 11:43 AM.

vCash
    Nope. Never wished death on anyone. But I guess lying is expected from someone like you.
    I think you said yourself people will die. Old sick people. Someone said that wasn't worth hurting the economy. I don't wish death on those people. But, like you said if people have to die, I hope it isn't the people that have been "freaking out".

And since you can't come up with an original intelligence response you use the tired old cliche of being scared.

Sorry you have been wrong about this all along. It's going to be interesting to see how long you dig your heels in and die on this hill.
    again, you are the least chill deadhead of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    again, you are the least chill deadhead of all time.
    I think you are probably 100% accurate on that. My political leanings are often different than most deadheads, so I would not surprised if I lack the chillness of most. Plus coffee is the only drug I take and that probably makes my loudmouth even louder..... But yeah your sources on this seem to be right
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-18-2020 at 12:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    So who is working from Home or still having to go in? My wife started the week at home and I joined yesterday. Her office is offically closed, mine is "open" but a very light skeleton crew for now.
    Both of us are working from home, which helps since our daughter's daycare closed. My school's campus closed and we're going to online classes for the rest of the semester, so I've got my work cut out for me handling that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I learned a long time ago...people who proclaim to be "smart", are the biggest collection of dumbasses you can find. They generally have no reasoning abilities, nor interpersonal skills. They struggle with humanity in general.
    Your condescending bullshit is beyond old. We know your stance. Move along.
    Would you say he's Fighting Stupidity & Ignorance with Every Keystroke?*
    Far Moorhead yaw