Page 9 of 274 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I would really like these rumors to be true. If it's been here for 2 months, the death rate for this virus isn't as high as we think right now. Personally, I think it (death rate) will drop considerably over the next month bc I think many more have it than we have documented
    The issue is that if we don't act now with unprecedented measures, it will be high. Go back to the article with all the data I posted earlier. If the healthcare system gets overwhelmed, death rate shoots up closer to 4%. Keep things manageable and it stays under 1%. The issue isn't that most people will die, it's that thousands more will die unnecessarily if we don't take drastic steps to slow it down now. We are already going to have thousands die unnecessarily for failing to take those steps sooner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Has everyone in this thread seen the Joe Rogan episode on this yet? It’s the best info out there and isn’t political at all
    The JRE rocks... Terrific, insightful content most times....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

We Need More Stupid Greedy Idiots Like These Two When We Have a Health Crisis

I don't know if TN has any laws concerning this, but I hope they are prosecuted if possible. I also imagine the IRS may have some interest in this.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/te...ice-2020-03-14
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 03-14-2020 at 07:26 PM.

vCash

Covid19 youtube worth watching.

vCash
    I say more power to them and less power to the dumb asses who buy from them. Hell soap and water does the same thing.

vCash

Map of Coronavirus cases

vCash
    Alright guys.. let's keep all the covid-19 stuff in this thread. and keep the politics out. you wanna talk politics go to the new board. if not, I'll keep this on topic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Anyone else heard that doctors around the state think this bug has been here since before thanksgiving? My family got hit with something very similar in January. Hack cough...fever...headache...just general tiredness. Feel a lot better in about 4 days but not back 100% for a week or so.

I?m not saying I think we had it. But I had a medical friend say that now they think we may have. As they started seeing a spike in those symptoms with negative flu and strep tests since christmas.

The argument against it is that we were back to work/school in less than a week and I?m not sure we infected a pile of folks. Just curious if this is just one persons theory or something the medical community is truly offering up.
    My wife and I had something that carried those same symptoms back the first week in January. Knocked us on our butts for two weeks. Tested for flu, strep, bacterial, and it came back as unknown virus. We were talking about this last night. Our two young kids never got sick though. It's like they were immune.

ETA: at that time my LPN said a 3rd strain of flu seemed to be going around that they didn't have a vaccine for.

vCash
    A NASA employee in Huntsville has tested positive, so all employees are now told to work from home. There's a case in neighboring Limestone County but it's not publically known if it's the same person.

https://www.al.com/news/2020/03/mars...ronavirus.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    My wife and I had something that carried those same symptoms back the first week in January. Knocked us on our butts for two weeks. Tested for flu, strep, bacterial, and it came back as unknown virus. We were talking about this last night. Our two young kids never got sick though. It's like they were immune.

ETA: at that time my LPN said a 3rd strain of flu seemed to be going around that they didn't have a vaccine for.
    I remember somebody posting about having an unknown flu virus a couple months or so ago. Not sure if it was you or Shoeless Joe or someone else. I read somewhere that the first case in China was sometime in late November but they didn't release the information.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post

My 5 yr old had whatever it was. What was weird with her was the fever. It was 4 days until it was completely gone. My wife had it the worst. She was down for about 5 days. I felt puny for a few days then had a fever one afternoon and nite. Was a week before I was myself. I didn?t have a cough. My youngest...a toddler...never seemed sick. I didn?t get tested but wife and daughter were negative for flu and strep.

Again...just curious if this is a widely accepted theory in the medical community or just anecdotal at this point.
    Last edited by shoeless joe; 03-14-2020 at 09:09 PM.

vCash
    Anyone else heard that doctors around the state think this bug has been here since before thanksgiving? My family got hit with something very similar in January. Hack cough...fever...headache...just general tiredness. Feel a lot better in about 4 days but not back 100% for a week or so.

I’m not saying I think we had it. But I had a medical friend say that now they think we may have. As they started seeing a spike in those symptoms with negative flu and strep tests since christmas.

The argument against it is that we were back to work/school in less than a week and I’m not sure we infected a pile of folks. Just curious if this is just one persons theory or something the medical community is truly offering up.
    Yes it's been being talked about for the last couple of weeks that this has been here since around October. My wife, my boss, and multiple friends had illnesses in November and December that had the symptoms being described now. All were tested for flu and strep and was negative. All were told just viral infection of some type treated with steroids and other meds took them all about 2 weeks to fully recover. When I'm in Birmingham next week I plan on asking the drs, nurses and healthcare admins that I see their opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yes it's been being talked about for the last couple of weeks that this has been here since around October. My wife, my boss, and multiple friends had illnesses in November and December that had the symptoms being described now. All were tested for flu and strep and was negative. All were told just viral infection of some type treated with steroids and other meds took them all about 2 weeks to fully recover. When I'm in Birmingham next week I plan on asking the drs, nurses and healthcare admins that I see their opinion.
    Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    No disrespect because I understand the thought of toughing out illnesses. But please get her tested as soon as possible. If she is a nurse and in contact with people with several people with weakened immune systems then even when she starts to feel better she could still be contagious and infect them. This is why we need more testing.
    Yeah sorry. I thought that was a given. No way in Hail would she return to work before getting tested. She has been in communication but it happened at a "good" time. She's off work for a while.

vCash
    Thanks
    You're welcome. I'll let you know if they have similar opinion.

vCash
    Wonder if the test detects if someone has had the virus even if they've gotten over it. If so, there would be a way to test this theory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I would love to know this as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Yeah sorry. I thought that was a given. No way in Hail would she return to work before getting tested. She has been in communication but it happened at a "good" time. She's off work for a while.
    The drive-thru testing facilities should be pretty widely available pretty soon. I believe they've said locally that you can go without having a doctor order the tests. I have no idea what the tests cost, if anything, or if insurance covers them.

vCash
    There seems to be a lot more cases in the northern hemisphere (might be because the southern hemisphere is less "civilized" so less contact and less testing), but it apparently isn't a seasonal thing that will go away with rising temperatures because there are cases along the equator where it stays warm all the time.

vCash
    According to our family doctor, There were atleast 30 cases of "showing signs of corona" in Dfw today alone that were sent home without testing because they were considered to be of safe health and age class. Supposedly there is a major lack of test kits and so they are only being used on the weak in some parts. Will greatly effect numbers though.
    I, like others, do believe this has been around since October based on what I know.