Page 56 of 274 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    That?s the feeling I got from it also. I think there is evidence that response has been favorable. I hope and pray it is for all of us and I don?t give a shit who you align with politically. I have had optimism during this because I trust and pray the very best in medicine are working their ass off to find the answer
    By you I meant everyone in this thread not just you Todd

Banned
    vCash
    It's a really scary thought that the joke about American politics that Republicans argue the dollar bill is more important than American lives is close to coming true.

If they were seriously concerned about the average Americans well-being, then a more expansive basic income package would be fleshed our to take care of them. "Protecting the economy" is rooted in the idea of protecting the elite's pockets rather than the average American's pockets. It's kind of sickening to see that we could be close to having "the masses" pitted against the "old and sick" to protect the rich's pockets in lieu of a better alternative that could supplant both the masses and the old/sick in a better fashion (but hurt the rich elite. And, no, you Mr. elite dawg reader are not part of that club. I'm talking about the 0.1% and the 0.01%. The 10 figures people. I highly doubt we have billionaires here.)

Friendly reminder that Jeff Bezos refuses paid sick leave for his workers. Senators asked him to stop because they can't make a law to tell him to stop.

vCash
    The drug Trump's been talking about, Chloroquine, was also used in China. It's in the Handbook of COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment, which was written by Chinese doctors.

They still lost a lot of people (4% fatality rate) and have hundreds more still on ventilators. I would hope he isn't betting on that.
    Last edited by hacker; 03-24-2020 at 06:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    It's a really scary thought that the joke about American politics that Republicans argue the dollar bill is more important than American lives is close to coming true.

If they were seriously concerned about the average Americans well-being, then a more expansive basic income package would be fleshed our to take care of them. "Protecting the economy" is rooted in the idea of protecting the elite's pockets rather than the average American's pockets. It's kind of sickening to see that we could be close to having "the masses" pitted against the "old and sick" to protect the rich's pockets in lieu of a better alternative that could supplant both the masses and the old/sick in a better fashion (but hurt the rich elite. And, no, you Mr. elite dawg reader are not part of that club. I'm talking about the 0.1% and the 0.01%. The 10 figures people. I highly doubt we have billionaires here.)

Friendly reminder that Jeff Bezos refuses paid sick leave for his workers. Senators asked him to stop because they can't make a law to tell him to stop.
    Can you explain to me how funding the Kennedy Center and giving the House a raise is in the best interests of American lives while you're at it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Can you explain to me how funding the Kennedy Center and giving the House a raise is in the best interests of American lives while you're at it?
    I know the optics of the "Kennedy Center" stipulation are terrible, but the Republicans also have their own pet projects injected in this bill. Politicians, R's and D's, are hardwired to push as much pork into bills (any and every bill, at any time, regardless of urgency) as possible, and it's definitely frustrating. I think most of us would agree on that.

That being said, McConnell is mentioning things like the "Kennedy Center" as being the primary holdups in this negotiation, but they're not, lol. But he just knows that will trigger people, and put pressure on the D's to agree to his terms. To put it more simply: that's politics.

vCash
    Leftist bias?
    My bad. It will all be good by Easter, anyway so who cares?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Leftist bias?
    Trump said he "hopes" it's better by Easter. Do you not share that same hope?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I know the optics of the "Kennedy Center" stipulation are terrible, but the Republicans also have their own pet projects injected in this bill. Politicians, R's and D's, are hardwired to push as mu ch pork into bills (any and every bill, at any time, regardless of urgency) as possible, and it's definitely frustrating. I think most of us would agree on that.

That being said, McConnell is mentioning things like the "Kennedy Center" as being the primary holdups in this negotiation, but they're not, lol. But he just knows that will trigger people, and put pressure on the D's to agree to his terms. To put it more simply: that's politics.
    That's what I'm saying. Both sides are being shitty.

Banned
    vCash
    Don't think my comment was an endorsement of Democrats lmfao.Part of the problem with American politics is as Beardo mentioned, injecting random ass shit into everything to make bills cover the most random pet projects ever. Both sides have their own issues. This ain't a zero sum game. Both democrats and republicans overall are negative parties for the common man. Closest thing to positive the American man had this cycle was Bernie and Yang. Thankfully their policies are at least injecting discussion among the American people.

But yea, Beardo pretty much hit the nail on the head with his response to you. And you can flip democrat/republican there at will. They both are horrible about all sides of that. (Injecting bs, triggering the masses, stoking the fire.)

vCash
    That's what I'm saying. Both sides are being shitty.
    No arguments here. They just can't help themselves. A national emergency becomes an opportunity, in their eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    No arguments here. They just can't help themselves. A national emergency becomes an opportunity, in their eyes.
    Unfortunately this is true. Folks out here are pitching in and trying to help each other and get through this it's time for our politicians to do the same. I hear more and more stories everyday of people sacrificing and reaching out to do whatever they can to help others and it's time for our politicians to stop being Republicans and Democrats and start being human beings and Americans. Both sides have not handled this well. Put the partisan bs aside!

vCash
    Leftist bias?
    What a post... good Lord. Who said it would be better? He said hoped. But glad your people put out such a good bill from the house. Carry on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Unfortunately this is true. Folks out here are pitching in and trying to help each other and get through this it's time for our politicians to do the same. I hear more and more stories everyday of people sacrificing and reaching out to do whatever they can to help others and it's time for our politicians to stop being Republicans and Democrats and start being human beings and Americans. Both sides have not handled this well. Put the partisan bs aside!
    Well said

vCash
    Suggesting that people will be able to go back outside the day after we finally got people off the beaches is not what the country needed. Making statements like that will severely impact individuals decisions and they will all go out and be less cautious because he's downplaying the importance of social distancing in favor of business. As a result the virus will peak even worse than is already expected to and hospital supplies, that were already running out of, will be gone even faster now. We have to slow the rush to be able to manage this and anyone, President or otherwise, that does anything to contradict that goal right now is simply not a good American.

This isn't about left/right. It's about properly educating people about the steps they should be taking and offering consistent guidance. That's not being done and that is a colossal failure of leadership during the biggest domestic crisis potentially in the history of this nation.
    Last edited by Political Hack; 03-24-2020 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Suggesting that people will be able to go back outside the day after we finally got people off the beaches is not what the country needed. Making statements like that will severely impact individuals decisions and they will all go out and be less cautious because he's downplaying the importance of social distancing in favor of business. As a result the virus will peak even worse than is already expected to and hospital supplies, that were already running out of, will be gone even faster now. We have to slow the rush to be able to manage this and anyone, President or otherwise, that does anything to contradict that goal right now is simply not a good American.

This isn't about left/right. It's about properly educating people about the steps they should be taking and offering consistent guidance. That's not being done and that is a colossal failure of leadership during the biggest domestic crisis potentially in the history of this nation.
    Yeah. The ones who stayed on the beach 8 days ago were listening so now they will even more? Give me a break... some arent going to listen. It's obvious. States that have "lockdowns" have people not listening. The only way to "stop" this is a full lockdown. Nobody goes in or out. That's not possible. Italy is living proof. A lockdown isn't working there. I'm not arguing that social distancing won't or isn't helping, but it's not going to stop it. This is going to run its course wo meds.

vCash
    While I have been extremely critical of the leadership at the very top, the governors thankfully, have filled the void. Governors like Cuomo (D) and DeWine (R) as well as others, are doing outstanding jobs. Very impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah. The ones who stayed on the beach 8 days ago were listening so now they will even more? Give me a break... some arent going to listen. It's obvious. States that have "lockdowns" have people not listening. The only way to "stop" this is a full lockdown. Nobody goes in or out. That's not possible. Italy is living proof. A lockdown isn't working there. I'm not arguing that social distancing won't or isn't helping, but it's not going to stop it. This is going to run its course wo meds.
    We have to flatten the curve to help the medical community. We are going to be well past capacity by mid April and hospital systems will begin to fail. That blow is coming. We have to soften it as much as possible. If people don't understand that and can't contribute to that, they're a poor American.

vCash
    While I have been extremely critical of the leadership at the very top, the governors thankfully, have filled the void. Governors like Cuomo (D) and DeWine (R) as well as others, are doing outstanding jobs. Very impressive.
    Agreed.

vCash
    I believe new infections are starting to fall in Italy in the last couple days, which would be right on queue from the start of the lockdowns (approx 12 days). We’ll have to keep our fingers crossed that this continues.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    The ONLY way to do a lockdown is to get both the police and National Guard involved.

Honestly, if I was President that's EXACTLY what I would have done.

Also if I was President Ole Miss would be burned to the ground and Hugh Freeze deported as a heretic.**