Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament - No Fans Allowed.

vCash

NCAA Tournament - No Fans Allowed.

NCAA announced today that no fans will be allowed to attend the men's or women's tournament.

Last edited by Cloak; 03-11-2020 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    This is either a HUGE overreaction or a massive coverup regarding how dangerous this virus is.

vCash
    smart move

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is either a HUGE overreaction or a massive coverup regarding how dangerous this virus is.
    lol

vCash
    Wow. Gotta think baseball won't be too far behind unless this thing lightens up big time over the next few months.

vCash
    If we get in, watch out... this will be like playing at home

vCash
    MLB opening day in 2 weeks. Will they allow fans?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    lol
    The reaon I said that is that new reports are coming out in regards to COVID-19 indicating that it has already hit the top of the bell curve in Chine and is drastically trending down with the mortality rate plummeting. I also read a report this morning via NYT where they were reporting that COVID-19 appears to be less contagious than the common flu. Did they cancel the NCAA tournaments for Ebola or SARS? I honestly can't remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lol. Nice.

vCash
    Italy is definitely part of the conspiracy**

vCash
    The reaon I said that is that new reports are coming out in regards to COVID-19 indicating that it has already hit the top of the bell curve in Chine and is drastically trending down with the mortality rate plummeting. I also read a report this morning via NYT where they were reporting that COVID-19 appears to be less contagious than the common flu. Did they cancel the NCAA tournaments for Ebola or SARS? I honestly can't remember.
    I've read several reports stating that as well. Also, I have some professional contact with the CDC who are telling me the same. We'll see how it goes and hopefully this is correct.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Bravo

vCash
    Rep Given! We may have a huge advantage then lol!

vCash
    MLB opening day in 2 weeks. Will they allow fans?
    Seattle has already cancelled their games against the rangers that would have been the home opener... I'm betting that won't be the last. New York.. Cali....

vCash
    This goes for the women too. The Hump will be empty when the ladies host next week

vCash
    You should read more reports... the amount of people in America is doubling every day now. This crap about it being less deadly than the common flu is just dumb. Just now, Italy just reported 200 people died in the past 24 hours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Italy is definitely part of the conspiracy**

Yep... all 4,552 people are playing dead around the world...
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    You should read more reports... the amount of people in America is doubling every day now. This crap about it being less deadly than the common flu is just dumb. Just now, Italy just reported 200 people died in the past 24 hours.
    This.

Death rate for the common flu is ~ 0.1%. Covid-19 is somewhere between 1 and 4%....even if it's on the low end, and that's being conservative, that's TEN TIMES more deadly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This.

Death rate for the common flu is ~ 0.1%. Covid-19 is somewhere between 1 and 4%....even if it's on the low end, and that's being conservative, that's TEN TIMES more deadly.
    Obviously the death rate is much higher with corona than flu, but wouldn't you have to figure in how likely you are to get it to determine which is more deadly? Flu seems to be much easier to get [34,000,000 - 49,000,000 cases since last October (CDC https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm )]. So if you are much more likely to get one with a much lower death rate, it could still be more deadly then, right? Maybe I'm just looking at this from the wrong perspective.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
    NCAA announced today that no fans will be allowed to attend the men's or women's tournament.

When hopefully this is a forgotten issue, it'll be because of actions like these and not because our leaders "had a hunch" it wasn't as bad as the CDC thought it was.