Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament - No Fans Allowed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

NCAA Tournament - No Fans Allowed.

NCAA announced today that no fans will be allowed to attend the men's or women's tournament.

Last edited by Cloak; 03-11-2020 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    This is either a HUGE overreaction or a massive coverup regarding how dangerous this virus is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is either a HUGE overreaction or a massive coverup regarding how dangerous this virus is.
    lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    lol
    The reaon I said that is that new reports are coming out in regards to COVID-19 indicating that it has already hit the top of the bell curve in Chine and is drastically trending down with the mortality rate plummeting. I also read a report this morning via NYT where they were reporting that COVID-19 appears to be less contagious than the common flu. Did they cancel the NCAA tournaments for Ebola or SARS? I honestly can't remember.

vCash
    The reaon I said that is that new reports are coming out in regards to COVID-19 indicating that it has already hit the top of the bell curve in Chine and is drastically trending down with the mortality rate plummeting. I also read a report this morning via NYT where they were reporting that COVID-19 appears to be less contagious than the common flu. Did they cancel the NCAA tournaments for Ebola or SARS? I honestly can't remember.
    I've read several reports stating that as well. Also, I have some professional contact with the CDC who are telling me the same. We'll see how it goes and hopefully this is correct.

vCash
    You should read more reports... the amount of people in America is doubling every day now. This crap about it being less deadly than the common flu is just dumb. Just now, Italy just reported 200 people died in the past 24 hours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    You should read more reports... the amount of people in America is doubling every day now. This crap about it being less deadly than the common flu is just dumb. Just now, Italy just reported 200 people died in the past 24 hours.
    This.

Death rate for the common flu is ~ 0.1%. Covid-19 is somewhere between 1 and 4%....even if it's on the low end, and that's being conservative, that's TEN TIMES more deadly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I never said less deadly I said less contagious. Those are two drastically different things.

vCash
    Well Ebola required contact with bodily fluids, which isn't common for folks to contact at sporting events. SARS didn't cause an entire major European country to shut down its borders and put the country on quarantine either. Only a little over 8,000 SARS cases were reported, compared to 113,000 and growing number of folks drunk on the coronavirus. So the scope of this is much larger than anything we've seen in my lifetime. And compared to swine flu/h1n1 and Zika, those each had much lower mortality rates. And we still may surpass the billion of so people that contracted swine flu if models showing 40-70% of the worlds population will contract the coronavirus are correct.
    Last edited by dawgs; 03-11-2020 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    Italy is definitely part of the conspiracy**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

Yep... all 4,552 people are playing dead around the world...
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Italy in Lombardy and Veneto - and basically everywhere else in Italia - is kind of nasty. They don?t use a substance called ?hot? water. Or always wash glasses they give tourists. They hate the tourist that visit them, especially the Asians

In Venice, It?s not racism, or hidden...they tell you. But ladies love Venice regardless, floating down a sewer is romantic

I probably got jaded by visiting Italy too much, for work. I don?t eat much until I get to Spain or Belgium or a nice place in the itinerary.

vCash
    Or on an individual level most people are fine without much more than cold/flu like symptoms, but because of how contagious it is, even a small percentage requiring medica care would completely overwhelm the healthcare system if everyone got sick at the same time. All everyone is trying to do is prevent folks from dying because we can't find them a ventilator, much less get them into a hospital. This is about preventing a major healthcare crisis if thousands of folks suddenly need medical attention, not about the majority of people who only get a mild fever and stuffy nose.

vCash
    I'm sure insurance companies are driving this
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    smart move

vCash
    Wow. Gotta think baseball won't be too far behind unless this thing lightens up big time over the next few months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Wow. Gotta think baseball won't be too far behind unless this thing lightens up big time over the next few months.
    Perhaps - one good thing about baseball is that it's played outside. That may or may not make any difference in the proliferation of the virus.

Just to be on the safe side, it might be wise to stop shaking hands when you meet someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Perhaps - one good thing about baseball is that it's played outside. That may or may not make any difference in the proliferation of the virus.

Just to be on the safe side, it might be wise to stop shaking hands when you meet someone.
    Ncaa is going to shut down baseball. Book it. Attending that is.

vCash
    If we get in, watch out... this will be like playing at home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we get in, watch out... this will be like playing at home
    Lol. Nice.