Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buy/sell March Madness - coronavirus

vCash

buy/sell March Madness - coronavirus

BUY/SELL: At least one game is affected in the NCAA basektball tournament due to Coronavirus fears. Maybe cancelled, relocated, played without fans in the building, etc.

I'm going BUY.

vCash
    Don't know if it'll be no fans, but I could see a few of the games being played with families and essential personnel only, but definitely BUY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Don't know if it'll be no fans, but I could see a few of the games being played with families and essential personnel only, but definitely BUY
    Yep. Big buy.

vCash
    If this toilet paper shortage continues, I might have to place an order of shirts from Rebel Rags.

vCash
    The west coast and north east will definitely relocate or limit the attendance..... especially after 70 people contacted the virus in Boston after a biotech convention.

vCash
    Sell on cancelation, but I think it's likely they reduce or remove fans altogether, and possibly move the games to campus sites so fewer teams have to travel.

Maybe the 1-4 seeds host the first 2 rounds like in the women's tournament. Hope for our sakes they don't cancel the First Four and reduce the field to 64. They could just play the play-in games at the sites where the winners would be going.

vCash
    My son is a sophomore @ UofL and on their #9 ranked swim team. He just texted me said that spectators may not be allowed at the NCAAs Swimming Championships in Indianapolis in two weeks. Parents included. First time for my son to qualify and I may have to miss it. Wow.
    Let's hope for a heat wave throughout the country since this virus cannot survive over 76 degrees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    My son is a sophomore @ UofL and on their #9 ranked swim team. He just texted me said that spectators may not be allowed at the NCAAs Swimming Championships in Indianapolis in two weeks. Parents included. First time for my son to qualify and I may have to miss it. Wow.
    Let's hope for a heat wave throughout the country since this virus cannot survive over 76 degrees.
    Is that 76 number factual? Makes sense bc the flu, also spread by droplets, goes away when the weather warms.

vCash
    I read it somewhere in the dozens of articles I have digested in the last day. Will try to find the link.

Here is one article about it: https://poseidon01.ssrn.com/delivery...126112&EXT=pdf
    Last edited by KentuckyDawg13; 03-11-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    BUY/SELL: At least one game is affected in the NCAA basektball tournament due to Coronavirus fears. Maybe cancelled, relocated, played without fans in the building, etc.

I'm going BUY.
    In English Soccer a marquee game was postponed due to one team needing 14 days of quarantine

But the quarantine team is playing on Saturday- so this is going to become a schedule mess

Arsenal vs Manchester City

https://sports.yahoo.com/man-city-v-...5927--sow.html
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 03-11-2020 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    This was a quick buy/sell.

Governor of Ohio says today that the state will issue an order to the NCAA to play tournament games in the state of Ohio without fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This was a quick buy/sell.

Governor of Ohio says today that the state will issue an order to the NCAA to play tournament games in the state of Ohio without fans.
    It was no mass gatherings. I feel like they'll still let families into the games. But maybe not. Going to be interesting to see if other states follow suit. Especially, with one of the regional finals happening in Spokane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It was no mass gatherings. I feel like they'll still let families into the games. But maybe not. Going to be interesting to see if other states follow suit. Especially, with one of the regional finals happening in Spokane.
    In China they could enforce quarantine and disappear the dissidents

But in the USA even “father daughter” dances are reason enough to break quarantine

https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/...5f79d019b.html

vCash
    Not in Missouri. They told one you he goes to jail if he breaks quarantine again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    since this virus cannot survive over 76 degrees.
    Where have you seen this? Can you provide a link from a legitimate source?

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash

vCash
    UofL and UK both did this officially today. Other smaller schools too. High schools are talking now.

vCash
    I am stunned at the people that are still on social media dismissing this as hype. They would be the same people to whine about hospitals being full when their gandma gets it. They will be the first ones looking to blame someone else when it kills their grandad.

Just an amazing level of stupidity going on right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    In China they could enforce quarantine and disappear the dissidents

But in the USA even “father daughter” dances are reason enough to break quarantine

https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/...5f79d019b.html
    That guy needs to be beaten. I could understand going to work on going on a trip you had planned or lots of things that would make you say 'screw everybody else', but a father daughter dance?

vCash
    Warriors are closing home games to fans.

Mariners are moving home games out of Seattle till April.

Virus even has it?s on spot on ESPN bottom line.

As the French say, shits getting real.