Thread: Women?s BBall Rotation

vCash

Women?s BBall Rotation

Just to see how it would go, I?d like to see these five play a stretch.

1 - Danberry
    2 - Matharu
    3 - Jackson
    4 - Carter
    5 - Morris

Flame away

vCash
    I'd worry about Jordan at PG bc she can get pretty reckless with the ball. But I think this would be our toughest line up. Only problem would be depth in the post with Carter at the 4 and Morris at the 5 because those are pretty much it. Bibby could sub at the 4 and you could slide Jessika over to the 5 but she'd be worn out

vCash
    To me that's a no brainer.

vCash
    Danberry and Taylor are too small to be in backcourt together... neither can hit an open shot over 15 feet....

vCash
    Will depend on the matchup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Danberry and Taylor are too small to be in backcourt together... neither can hit an open shot over 15 feet....
    You may somehow be the most negative poster on this site.

vCash
    I could live with that lineup. I could also see Wiggins starting with Rickea and Carter. I think both lineups would be acceptable. Two main things that need to happen: Chloe not starting, don't play Myah and Jordan together, Matharu must start. I guess that's three things.

The current lineup can beat much lesser teams but is bad against comparable or better teams. We will lose a tournament game we could have won if we keep running our current staring lineup out there. We dig a hole, and then Matharu has to come in and salvage it. Chloe and Myah are black holes on offense, and Chloe is too slow. Myah can at least defend and facilitate or take a charge.

vCash
    I could live with that lineup. I could also see Wiggins starting with Rickea and Carter. I think both lineups would be acceptable. Two main things that need to happen: Chloe not starting, don't play Myah and Jordan together, Matharu must start. I guess that's three things.

The current lineup can beat much lesser teams but is bad against comparable or better teams. We will lose a tournament game we could have won if we keep running our current staring lineup out there. We dig a hole, and then Matharu has to come in and salvage it. Chloe and Myah are black holes on offense, and Chloe is too slow. Myah can at least defend and facilitate or take a charge.

vCash
    I would go with these 2 variations and see how it works. When you play full court man to man for 40 minutes having fresh bodies never hurts. You can start and bring other off the bench. Not a huge difference either way depending on matchup.

1. Taylor
    2. Matharu
    3. AEH
    4. Jackson
    5. Carter

1. Mingo-Young
    2. Danberry
    3. Wiggins/Hemingway
    4. Bibby/Wiggins
    5. Morris

vCash
    Which one...Rickea Jackson or Aliyah Matharu...going on the next Dontae'Jones, Teaira McCowan type post season, NCAA Tourney run? Jordan Danberry? J. Carter? Y. Morris? Maybe a player like Sidney Cooks or Madison Hayes within next few seasons? Player not listed, not yet on campus?
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-10-2020 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Which one...Rickea Jackson or Aliyah Matharu...going on the next Dontae'Jones, Teaira McCowan type post season, NCAA Tourney run? Jordan Danberry? J. Carter? Y. Morris? Maybe a player like Sidney Cooks or Madison Hayes within next few seasons? Player not listed, not yet on campus?
    R Jackson and A Matharu have the mentality and ability to take over a game. Both are chomping at the bit to get after it. Both are buying into Coach Schaefer?s program on defense. It just took Matharu a little longer to get it. I think S Cooks has the ability but I don?t think she is a killer. M Hayes is a killer but I don?t think she has the same level of ability like Jackson and Matharu. She is good but they are special players.

vCash
    Rickea and Matharu are the future. I have a feeling Hayes will help too, we have some young talent... Cooks, Carter and Morris give us 3 solid bigs going forward too.

I know we are disappointed in the SC loss, but with the right matchups this season isnt over yet. We still have one of the best coaches in college basketball and also have really talented players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog20 View Post
    I would go with these 2 variations and see how it works. When you play full court man to man for 40 minutes having fresh bodies never hurts. You can start and bring other off the bench. Not a huge difference either way depending on matchup.

1. Taylor
    2. Matharu
    3. AEH
    4. Jackson
    5. Carter

1. Mingo-Young
    2. Danberry
    3. Wiggins/Hemingway
    4. Bibby/Wiggins
    5. Morris

Jackson - sub Wiggins
    Carter - sub Morris or Wiggins if we want to go smaller
    Matharu - sub Taylor
    Danberry - sub Mingo or Taylor or Wiggins if we want to go bigger
    AEH - sub Bibby

That is 9 players getting minutes which is plenty. Some mix of the above but must have 1-2 shooters on the floor and can't have 2 short guards at same time with no outside threat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    You may somehow be the most negative poster on this site.
    I may be but what does that have to do with Danberry and Taylor not needing to be on the court at the same time?

2nd Half Playcaller
    vCash
    Right now Morris is playing better than carter. Id start Morris, Jackson, Danberry, Matharu, Taylor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I may be but what does that have to do with Danberry and Taylor not needing to be on the court at the same time?
    What does them not needing to be on the court at the same time have to do with you being the most negative poster on this site?

vCash
    Yemiyah Morris has been playing exceptionally well at center for Miss. State recently. SEC Tourney was her coming out (including 10 blocked shots). Gave South Carolina's A Boston one of her toughest matchups of the season, possibly the toughest. For the most part, appeared to be using good technique defensively. Just keep coaching her up, she's definitely getting it.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-12-2020 at 01:56 PM.