Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
Leach has also never been at a school that could sell their tradition of putting not only guys in the NFL but has a collection of Pro Bowlers like MSU has currently. MSU can sell Chris Jones, Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay, B-Mac, plus our trio of 1st rd guys last year. Those are major selling points.
Well, I'll say this. Leach has never been anywhere that he could IMO attract his equal or close to it on the defensive side of the ball other than maybe Alex Grinch.

We just took a guy that had the #2 scoring defense at San Diego State (missed number one by 0.1 of a point) and the #5 total defense in the country and we obviously made Syracuse pretty upset when we poached him from them. I know there is a lot of excitement over Leach and rightfully so. But getting Arnett for me just adds to the excitement. And I think it's been sort of overlooked by our fans simply because Leach is the head coach, the S&C woes were so bad that there has been a ton of excitement over Brown and they work that they are doing, and the fact that we have been pretty solid on defense very recently so if we're good again on defense this year it won't be as "new" to our fans.

Anyway, I don't think Leach could have pulled Arnett to Washington State.