Thread: 3-9-2020 Bubble Watch

vCash

3-9-2020 Bubble Watch

I think we are in better shape than lunardi gives us credit for right now. He has us as fifth team out. Jerry Palm has us third team out. I think a win over fla puts us in.

I think our resume is better than some of the teams around us, and our NET, which is 50, is for sure better. Lunardi has the following teams, whose net is listed, in the field
    Ar st (52)
    UCLA (76)
    Indiana (60)
    Texas (69)
    Nc state (54)

And he has Memphis (58) in first four out ahead of us.

vCash
    Don't take any of this as gospel. They're all guessing. They have plenty of experience, but they always miss a couple.

Having said that, I would guess we'll need to win the SECT to get in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Don't take any of this as gospel. They're all guessing. They have plenty of experience, but they always miss a couple.

Maybe. I think beating ky and fla for sure gets us in though. The committee was much higher on us last year than the lunardi people. We were projected as a 6 or 7 and were a 5. I know it is year to year, but I think howlands name helps

vCash

vCash
    Indiana on the bubble..... that will hurt the feelings of Ben Portnoy for the Dispatch if we get in ahead of his team. He seems to tweet as much about Indiana basketball as he does the University nearby Columbus. I get it...he graduated from there and he is in his early 20's and living life (paraphrasing as he says it).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Maybe. I think beating ky and fla for sure gets us in though. The committee was much higher on us last year than the lunardi people. We were projected as a 6 or 7 and were a 5. I know it is year to year, but I think howlands name helps
    If we beat Florida and Kentucky we will definitely be in assuming there is not extreme chaos with bid stealers. If we just win one, I don't like our chances. I think the chances of some upsets happening that give us a path to win the whole thing are better than us beating UF and UK on back to back nights though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

We have a good chance of beating FL. If that's all we need to get in then our odds are pretty decent. But the odds of us beating KY are very low. KY is WAY better now than they were when we played them last and I just don't see us even being that competitive with them right now. So if we need to win both then we probably need to start checking our NIT seeding.

vCash
    East Tennessee State won the SOCON tournament earlier tonight, which is a good thing, since ETSU was a likely at-large bid had they lost, shrinking the bubble by 1.

Gonzaga and San Francisco playing in the WCC Tournament right now. Gonzaga, St. Mary's, and BYU are all locks for the WCC, but we don't need SF to get a 4th bid out of it. Hopefully the Zags pull it out.

I'm fairly certain we can't get in without at least beating Florida and Kentucky, and probably can't get in without winning the whole SECT. But just in case I'm keeping up with these games.

vCash
    I think State/Florida is a play-in game. There is no way Florida gets in over us if we go 2-0 vs them.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think State/Florida is a play-in game. There is no way Florida gets in over us if we go 2-0 vs them.
    Florida's not even close to being a bubble team. Net of 28, 5 Q1 wins. Almost everyone on Bracket Matrix has them in the 8-10 seed range. Losing to us (or losing on Thursday) isn't going to drop them out.

vCash
    BYU just lost that’s possibly one bubble spot down if Gonzaga loses

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    BYU just lost that’s possibly one bubble spot down if Gonzaga loses
    St. Marys is considered a lock

vCash
    BYU and Saint Mary's are in regardless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Once it gets close to the Tourney, these individual games seem to take on more importance than they really have. The committee is almost certainly not looking at it this way, and there is absolutely a way Florida gets in over us even if we're 2-0 against them. It is likely that if we and UF both went 1-1 in the SECT (with their loss obviously to us), they would get in and we wouldn't.

vCash
    Still #50 in NET

vCash
    Reggie being player of year helps. So does howlands name. Beat fla and we in.