Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
Vic is a disciplinarian
Vic coaches great M2M defense
Vic is an elite recruiter thanks to our guys in the Delta

Vic is average on offense
Vic gets too hardheaded
Vic needs to stop being so damn stubborn and run some zone. Its still very effective in girls basketball
Vic is old school and leans on older players before talented Freshmen
Bibby is too slow to guard me- let alone anybody but a 4 or 5 in women's college basketball
Agree with most of this. Hard to believe but Vic has learned some things on the fly too but where he started is so much higher than anyone else. Vic worked the girls too hard before the first NC game and we had no legs but he learned from that. He is slowly learning a little about how the zone can help him win just not enough yet. I like his guts on benching players who will not play D or play hard. His move in NCAAT several years ago benching the starting 5 was as gutsy a move as ever made and it worked and got us to NC game later that year. It got players attention which is hard to do sometimes.

If I had to list 3 I'd like to see change it would be - play some strategic zone and even some press (boy we have the guards to do it). Run some better O sets instead of dribble weave all the time. Player choices at times.

Still love Vic and he has done one of best jobs in NCAA WBB history.