Thread: Deivon Smith and his team play for state championship tonight

vCash

Deivon Smith and his team play for state championship tonight

Deivon Smith and his Grayson HS (GA) team....

Georgia (GHSA) 7A State Championship Game Tonight, 7:30 est
    Grayson HS vs Wheeler

They win this game, get an opportunity to play for a national championship in the Geico Nationals
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-07-2020 at 02:16 PM.

vCash
    I’m hoping this guy will be the missing link that we need for the next few years. We certainly need a true point guard in the worst way.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Can't wait for him to get on campus so we can start calling him various forms of shit next year*
    Far Moorhead yaw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I’m hoping this guy will be the missing link that we need for the next few years. We certainly need a true point guard in the worst way.
    He's not a true point guard. What he is, however, is an unbelievable athlete and a fantastic basketball player, and that's what we need more than anything. Think Ja Morant in terms of style, though with a jumper that is definitely not as good at this point.

vCash
    Hoping he will be what we expected Nick Weatherspoon to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He's not a true point guard. What he is, however, is an unbelievable athlete and a fantastic basketball player, and that's what we need more than anything. Think Ja Morant in terms of style, though with a jumper that is definitely not as good at this point.
    We have lots of good athletes already (though I’m always open to even better ones). What we need is someone to recognize the defense and run the offense. We haven’t had ANY of that from our point guards in quite a while.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    We had a True point guard for 4 years..
    his name was IJ Ready and he got shit on from ignorant fans for 4 years..

The Women have a True PG in Mya Taylor and she takes her criticism game in game out.

Bitching fans will bitch no matter who is listed as PG

And oh btw Nick had a pretty good game sat night..

vCash
    Deivon Smith is a true point guard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    We had a True point guard for 4 years..
    his name was IJ Ready and he got shit on from ignorant fans for 4 years..

The Women have a True PG in Mya Taylor and she takes her criticism game in game out.

Bitching fans will bitch no matter who is listed as PG

And oh btw Nick had a pretty good game sat night..
    +1 You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ari Gold again.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Deivon Smith is a true point guard.
    He is in that PG is his one clear position.

When most people say 'true point guard,' they mean someone who is pass first and going to be the true initiator of offense for others. Deivon Smith is a score-first guy, which is usually the opposite of what people mean by 'true point guard.'

vCash
    Unfortunately, Grayson lost to Wheeler 60-59. Wheeler won on a FT with 1.1 on the clock. Smith had 11 points and 7 assists - http://ghsabasketball.weebly.com/upl...ysfinalbox.pdf
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He is in that PG is his one clear position.

When most people say 'true point guard,' they mean someone who is pass first and going to be the true initiator of offense for others. Deivon Smith is a score-first guy, which is usually the opposite of what people mean by 'true point guard.'
    He's closest to a true PG than he's ever recruited at MSU. He plays with 3 other D1 caliber players so he's not forced to hunt buckets & force shots daily. He's able to take a step back some nights & strictly facilitate while having the ability to score when needed. He's different than Peters, Nick, or Molinar who were all score 1st, score 2nd, & pass 3rd guys in HS. Looking for teammates & running an offense won't be a new thing to Deivon.