Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MacLeod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I just don't see Ginn coming back.
    Obviously commerce knows as much as anybody without the last name of Gunn, but ignoring that, if Ginn leaves after not pitching this year he guarantees a low signing bonus and having to bust through the minors to get a payday.

If he comes back, he?s not giving up much money, and if he comes back healthy and blows it up he can get back into the big signing bonus money. Worst case scenario is he comes back and saint back to form, and he ends up in the same place except he got to have an extra year at state having fun while he rehabs rather than grinding Tobit in the minors for that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I do. It wouldn't make any sense to sign for 50% of what he'd get if he came back

He's not a huge money guy, but, if he came back, he could try playing the outfield again & instead of getting $150K, could maybe get 350K-400K
    To me unless Tanner can come back quickly we should probably pursue the medical redshirt option. It sounds like that may be best for all.

vCash
    Honestly, I believe we loose Foscue and Westburg. I don?t think Hatcher not Rowdey will get drafter high enough. Tanner Allen is a wildcard. Depends on his injury..

If for some reason we could hang onto everyone except Westburg and then get Foscue and Allen back. And then persuade Blayze Jordan to get to school, HOLY SHIT we could be badass with the rotation setting up like it?s going too...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Honestly, I believe we loose Foscue and Westburg. I don?t think Hatcher not Rowdey will get drafter high enough. Tanner Allen is a wildcard. Depends on his injury..

If for some reason we could hang onto everyone except Westburg and then get Foscue and Allen back. And then persuade Blayze Jordan to get to school, HOLY SHIT we could be badass with the rotation setting up like it?s going too...
    That would be absolute best case scenario. Kellum Clark is going to be a good player too and we need to get him into school as well.

vCash
    Not saying it is likely, but isn’t it much more of a thought that we may actually get Jordan to campus? Agree on Kellum Clark as well. Would be insane to get Austin Hendrick, too, but he is for sure gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That would be absolute best case scenario. Kellum Clark is going to be a good player too and we need to get him into school as well.
    He is. As of now, I’d advise Blaze to come to school and turn into an Andrew Vaughn or Torkelson type that goes in the top 5 picks in 3 years. It’s a deep draft this year and I just don’t see team spending 1st round money on a HS 1st baseman.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Not saying it is likely, but isn’t it much more of a thought that we may actually get Jordan to campus? Agree on Kellum Clark as well. Would be insane to get Austin Hendrick, too, but he is for sure gone.
    Hendrick is gone
    We’ll get Clark
    Should get Fristoe and Smith
    I would advise Blaze to come to school and put up stats. He’s a borderline top 50 pick in this draft. Easily a 1st rounder at age 20 in 3 years

vCash
    He is. As of now, I’d advise Blaze to come to school and turn into an Andrew Vaughn or Torkelson type that goes in the top 5 picks in 3 years. It’s a deep draft this year and I just don’t see team spending 1st round money on a HS 1st baseman.
    I agree 100%. Plus as a position player there is less risk as far as injury with Tommy John and things like that to worry about. And with Westburg leaving next year barring something totally surprising to me that means we'll slide Kamren James to SS which would open up third base for Jordan as a freshman. Mikey Tepper may be another guy in addition to Fristoe and Smith that can come in and help us immediately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree 100%. Plus as a position player there is less risk as far as injury with Tommy John and things like that to worry about. And with Westburg leaving next year barring something totally surprising to me that means we'll slide Kamren James to SS which would open up third base for Jordan as a freshman. Mikey Tepper may be another guy in addition to Fristoe and Smith that can come in and help us immediately.
    Not sure I see Blaze playing 3B after HS.

vCash
    Not sure I see Blaze playing 3B after HS.
    Biggest question about Blaze is position, dude can hit no doubt. I will be surprised if he comes to Msu but it's possible as they say, graduating early and being young,

vCash

I think Foscue is a lock to leave. I can see a scenario where Westburg doesn't have a great year returns...the kid
    wants to go first round. I think Hatcher comes back And Rowdy too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    I think Foscue is a lock to leave. I can see a scenario where Westburg doesn't have a great year returns...the kid
    wants to go first round. I think Hatcher comes back And Rowdy too.
    Foscue and Westy are gone. No shot of them returning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Biggest question about Blaze is position, dude can hit no doubt. I will be surprised if he comes to Msu but it's possible as they say, graduating early and being young,
    His position really isn't a question. He's going to be a 1B.

That being said, this is a deep draft and the market for HS 1B is low

He can get drafted now and make 1.5 mil or get drafted in 3 years at age 20 and make 5 mil. Financially it makes sense to come to school unless he just wants to start pro ball and get to free agency younger or something like that that is impossible to predict.

vCash
    From what I have been told. Blayze wants to go to State and his family isn?t hurting for money at all... He has always wanted to play here and with Ginn coming and turning down 1st round pick, it has made him want it even more.

Lemonis is going to show us what he is made of this off season. Can he keep Westburg or Foscue?

Hatcher and Rowdey aren?t getting drafted high enough to go.

Westy and Focue are going to be the two to watch.

(This assuming Allen?s injury is bad enough to keep him on the bench awhile, if not, he will prolly get drafted pretty high.)

vCash
    From what I have been told. Blayze wants to go to State and his family isn?t hurting for money at all... He has always wanted to play here and with Ginn coming and turning down 1st round pick, it has made him want it even more.

Lemonis is going to show us what he is made of this off season. Can he keep Westburg or Foscue?

(This assuming Allen?s injury is bad enough to keep him on the bench awhile, if not, he will prolly get drafted pretty high.)
    Absolutely no chance he keeps Foscue and Westburg. Zero, nada, stop hoping for it.

It's best if they move on with 7 figure signing bonuses, as that helps the program tremendously recruit and attract other top talents.

They're gone. Expecting Lemo to get them back is ridiculous

vCash

Well, I'm not gonna say you are right or wrong about Jordan and family, but I will tell you his family are good folks from someone I know very well. I will also tell you his dream like most good to great players is play at the highest level.

Lemonis will do what is right for the kids not himself, just saying. Same for all of our coaches, or at least I sure hope so!