Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis to Speak at 1130

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Baseball America doesn't know 17 right now. They're just pushing Boras' agenda since he gives to keep the publication going.
    Maybe true and I hope he comes back. I'm not sure if you read the article or even have to but I guess I was just making the point that it's not just random talk between fans on twitter. Coach asked who so I just reference the article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Was waiting to see what you and Homedawg said since you appear to know the family.

So you mean to tell me he's a guy that will fight through pain and he's not weak as others have said?****
    JT has been battling for almost a year trying to get back out there and exacerbated the problem by trying to fight through it. Kids a competitor. He could've took the money and went mlb but wanted to play at State, even though he was advised to take the money and run.

vCash
    He's prob relieved just to have some closure on what the real issue was and getting it fixed. He's been in limbo for a year now knowing smn was not right. Getting past that hurdle is huge in and of itself.

Just hope the family is ok

vCash
    I?m not sure what next yr really looks like as far as pitching, but Rocker is slated to be the #1 pick in 2021. I don?t see any reason why Ginn couldn?t come back next yr and move to top 10 picks.

Hell If Mac keeps pitching like has, we could have two first rounders in 2021 if Ginn stays...

vCash
    I also didn?t realize this, but they said Bednar was our highest rated prospect last yr when we had the #6 class... Dude is legit I believe... I believe Simms could be also in the starting roll..

vCash
    Any GM drafting him in the Top 50 based on his history should be fired immediately.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Any GM drafting him in the Top 50 based on his history should be fired immediately.
    Yeah he needs to comeback and prove he's healthy and hasn't lost anything .

vCash
    Hopefully this turns out like Ethan Small for him.

vCash
    Good news and bad news for JT. Good is he hasn't thrown many innings/pitches over the last two years. Bad news, you never know how his arm/elbow/shoulder will respond. People respond differently from surgery. I'm hoping like all of us he is back next year but if it takes longer I'm all for whatever it takes for his recovery. I'm sure his parents feel the same about patience.

vCash
    I hope JT pursues the path that is best for his future. He has a million dollar arm when healthy. You can watch him pitch and notice how competitive he is. He is a gamer. With him having a RS year also available, he can really play the leverage game for two years. That said, I hope it works out for him in his best interest.

The idea of a 2021 Macleod, Ginn, Smith, Cerantola, Bednar, Sims staff sounds fun though.

As a baseball team, we need to keep our heads above water and hope TA can return. Losing TA is a massive loss. Some young guys gone have to step up before they expected they would have to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Good news and bad news for JT. Good is he hasn't thrown many innings/pitches over the last two years. Bad news, you never know how his arm/elbow/shoulder will respond. People respond differently from surgery. I'm hoping like all of us he is back next year but if it takes longer I'm all for whatever it takes for his recovery. I'm sure his parents feel the same about patience.
    You're right about recovering from surgery but competitive athletes have a couple of advantages.

1. Their age and the fact they are in great shape.

2. The fact that they know how to work hard.

3. They will get top of the line therapy with the latest techniques.

All of those things are in his favor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You're right about recovering from surgery but competitive athletes have a couple of advantages.

1. Their age and the fact they are in great shape.

2. The fact that they know how to work hard.

3. They will get top of the line therapy with the latest techniques.

All of those things are in his favor.
    Yes, from what I've heard bout him he is smart and a hard worker. I wish him well, I wonder how long his arm issue has been going on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Yes, from what I've heard bout him he is smart and a hard worker. I wish him well, I wonder how long his arm issue has been going on?
    My educated guess is probably since the second half of the SEC schedule last year. Maybe earlier. At least that to me is when some things that are noticeable started like loss of command followed by decreased velocity.

vCash
    To keep it simple: he had a major nerve moved in his elbow.

He?s a great kid and he wants to be here. That?s the the reason he came to state In the first place. He really enjoys it here and is having a blast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post

He?s a great kid and he wants to be here. That?s the the reason he came to state In the first place. He really enjoys it here and is having a blast.
    This is 100% accurate

vCash

Man that just seems odd. Hate it for him. I swear we seem snake bit. Anybody on here know if this is easily fixable or could there be long term problems with this. Really hate it for him but I guess he would be experiencing the same thing if he were in the minors right now. Just hoping for a full recovery for him and glad he's having a good experience at state barring the arm stuff. Go get'em JT and come back healthy!!!

vCash

What's the recovery time for that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Man that just seems odd. Hate it for him. I swear we seem snake bit. Anybody on here know if this is easily fixable or could there be long term problems with this. Really hate it for him but I guess he would be experiencing the same thing if he were in the minors right now. Just hoping for a full recovery for him and glad he's having a good experience at state barring the arm stuff. Go get'em JT and come back healthy!!!
    Something like that is more of something where that's how God made you basically.

If it is a ulnar nerve transposition surgery which is kind of what it sounds like we're talking about here- which is not uncommon- (And full disclosure I have not heard that this is indeed what the procedure is so someone feel free to correct me here because I'm reading between the lines) typically people are in a cast for 2-4 weeks depending on the surgeon, the patient, and etc. After the cast/splint is removed people typically start therapy at that point and the typical recovery time is between 3-6 months.

What complicates this is JT is someone that uses his arm for sports- which IMO may cause his rehab to be a little bit on the longer side because pitching at a high level is a little different than a guy that is having a lot of numbness and irritation that's college age that just wants to be able to go to class and take notes on his computer.

IF this is the case and I'm reading the tea leaves correctly here I would say it's reasonable that he may be able to come back towards the end of the fall and be ready by next season barring complications and things like that.

vCash
    I’m going to take a guess and say that this is a better scenario than Tommy John which is what was assumed. If there is no ligament or tendon damage, his arm should be structurally sound.

I do remember hearing of these type procedures but I can’t name a pitcher that has had it done. I just hope for his sake he comes back and pitches pain free and serves notice to the SEC. We saw glimpses early last season with 2 pitches. Imagine that pitcher with 4 pitches.

vCash
    It stinks for this year, but it sets up a potential NCAA best rotation next year assuming things go well. Ginn at his best is one of the best in the country. MacLeod has already proven he is very good. Cerantola as a junior could be just as good as those two given his command improves. Throw on top of that Brandon Smith who was really good last year, Bednar and Sims who are very talented in their own right, and a freshman or two like Cade Smith... that’s deadly.