(2nd Team All-SEC)
    Jordan Danberry
    Rickea Jackson
    Jessika Carter

(SEC All-Freshman Team)
    Rickea Jackson

(SEC All Defensive Team)
    Jordan Danberry

With more playing time, Aliyah Matharu easily in the mix as well. No looking back though. Also, Rickea Jackson played sick the last 2 regular season games.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-03-2020 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    Vic should get Coach of the year.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Vic should get Coach of the year.
    Staley won it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Staley won it.
    Of course

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Of course
    As she should have.

vCash
    I agree with Dawn winning COY. She also started 3 freshmen.

I do think Rickea should have gotten FOY. I feel that she meant more to our team's success than Boston did to South Carolina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    I agree with Dawn winning COY. She also started 3 freshmen.

I do think Rickea should have gotten FOY. I feel that she meant more to our team's success than Boston did to South Carolina.
    I agree. Rickea has a definite argument for FOY but when your competition is on the undefeated regular season champs & it's close then Boston winning shouldn't be a surprise.

vCash
    Boston is probably the best player on the #1 team in the country. You could make a case for Jackson being our best player as well, but it would be a tough argument to not have Boston as FOY.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Boston is probably the best player on the #1 team in the country. You could make a case for Jackson being our best player as well, but it would be a tough argument to not have Boston as FOY.
    Miss. State offered a 6-6, class of 2021 center from California named Clarice Akunwafo... as reported back in January. She reminds you of a young Teaira McCowan. See her play, Teaira McCowan could easily come to mind. This kid could really develop working under Coach Harris.

Currently, she's ESPN 's #2 center, and #24 overall for the class of 2021

(Notes)
    - Yemiyah Morris is a senior next season.
    - Sidney Cooks is a junior next season.
    - Jessika Carter is a junior for next season as well
    - Morris is currently the only true center on the roster. Cooks and Carter (stretch 4/center) are both..more of power forwards with the ability to play center as well. Both versatile.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-04-2020 at 01:04 PM.

vCash
    Boston is a very good player but I'm not sure she is best player on USC. Also don't think she should get FOY over Jackson. Jackson took over a bunch of games this year. Better numbers than anyone else and better than Howard who won it last year. Jackson should be FOY. Got nothing to do with being MSU fan or not.

Agree Dawn is COY, playing a lot of freshmen. Vic did good but not enough.

vCash
    I initially agreed with your post until I looked at the numbers. While Rickea has more points (436 v Boston's 386), it seems Boston dominates most other stats besides 3pt shooting and assists where Boston (32) is surprisingly close to Jackson (37). I do agree that Jackson probably means more to MSU's team than Boston does to USCe, but the numbers below show where Boston is ahead of Jackson in most

Rickea Jackson, GP 30, Total Minutes 894, FGM 179, FG% .476, 3Pt 12/30, FT% .702, Pts 436 (avg 14.5), Rebounds 144, Assists 37, TO 78, Steals 23, Blocks 17

Aliyah Boston, GP 30, Total Minutes 718, FGM 162, FG% .614, 3Pt 1/8, FT% .763, Pts 386 (avg 12.9), Rebounds 276, Assists 32, TO 35, Steals 39, Blocks 79

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Boston is a very good player but I'm not sure she is best player on USC. Also don't think she should get FOY over Jackson. Jackson took over a bunch of games this year. Better numbers than anyone else and better than Howard who won it last year. Jackson should be FOY. Got nothing to do with being MSU fan or not.

Agree Dawn is COY, playing a lot of freshmen. Vic did good but not enough.
    She was their 2nd leading scorer (by .1/game), she was easily their best rebounder (almost averaged a double-double) and averages 2.9 blocks/game and was named SEC DPOY. She was an easy choice for 1st team All-SEC and, IMO, is clearly the FOY.

vCash
    Jessika Carter's improvement from last season to this one is very very noticeable. Outstanding job Coach Johnnie Harris is doing with her. Whichever post players Miss. State bring in are in very good hands for development. Also, look for a big jump out of Yemiyah Morris for next season

Michigan State transfer...
    Before transferring into Miss. State, Sidney Cooks was already a really talented (including, former McDonald's All American), really good player, and working with this coaching staff helps maximize her potential substantially.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-04-2020 at 05:56 PM.

vCash
    Carter's improvement kind of slipped under the radar because of Rickea's impact. But Carter is a really good player.

vCash
    She was their 2nd leading scorer (by .1/game), she was easily their best rebounder (almost averaged a double-double) and averages 2.9 blocks/game and was named SEC DPOY. She was an easy choice for 1st team All-SEC and, IMO, is clearly the FOY.
    Each entitled to their opinion. Jackson averaged like 17ppg in SEC games where the competition got much tougher. Not sure about Boston but I bet her's is not higher than Jackson. It ain't all about scoring or stats. Boston's baskets due to her size and being close to the basket give her a lot of advantages over Jackson in that area but Jackson's skill facing the basket is much better in my opinion.

SEC champ gets all the tie player awards I guess except for the year VV got screwed over by Aja Wilson for POY.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Carter's improvement kind of slipped under the radar because of Rickea's impact. But Carter is a really good player.
    While I can't compare Carter to all other players, I would bet she is most improved player in American. Her stats far better than T in soph year and already a much better O player than T ever was. Carter's ceiling is potential SEC POY before she leaves. Carter is that talented. If she makes a jump anything close to last year into next year she could contend for SECPOY next year.

Oh, never mind some USC player probably has it sewed up for the next 3 years. 2nd team I guess is pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    While I can't compare Carter to all other players, I would bet she is most improved player in American. Her stats far better than T in soph year and already a much better O player than T ever was. Carter's ceiling is potential SEC POY before she leaves. Carter is that talented. If she makes a jump anything close to last year into next year she could contend for SECPOY next year.

Oh, never mind some USC player probably has it sewed up for the next 3 years. 2nd team I guess is pretty good.
    At this point....
    (2020-21 Season)
    - Rickea Jackson- SECPOY potential
    - Jessika Carter- SECPOY potential
    - Sidney Cooks- SECPOY potential
    Frontcourt has the makings of a women's college basketball all star lineup. Wouldn't rule anything out with any of these 3...moving forward. Yemiyah Morris is currently the only true center on the team. Coach Schaefer spoke on needing her to be on the fast track, continuing to work with Coach Harris, getting better....and being a possibility at center in the lineup.

Also, Aliyah Matharu- no ceiling. Will need to hold off several of her teammates for the starting spot first. Young players like Madison Hayes and JaMya Mingo-Young expected to be coming hard. Others as well....very talented and deep.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-05-2020 at 10:26 PM.