Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Willie Gay just bent the Combine over...

vCash

Willie Gay just bent the Combine over...

4.46 forty
    39.5 vertical
    11'4 broad jump

vCash
    Punch out any quarterbacks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuteredDawg View Post
    Punch out any quarterbacks?
    punched his ticket to the 2nd round.

vCash
    I really hope he slips to the saints in the 3rd bc I'm selfish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'm interested to see if his character issues drop him or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I really hope he slips to the saints in the 3rd bc I'm selfish
    If he punches out Brees I wouldn't want to be him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If he punches out Brees I wouldn't want to be him.
    Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Pretty much. I sure as hell wouldn’t pass on him if I needed an OLB if I was a GM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Pretty much. I sure as hell wouldn’t pass on him if I needed an OLB if I was a GM.
    You got that right. Gay is a game changer. His character issues are not like some of the Olemiss bad apples - Kelly, Kimdiche, etc.

vCash
    Good for Willie, MSU and Starkville! Go make millions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    You got that right. Gay is a game changer. His character issues are not like some of the Olemiss bad apples - Kelly, Kimdiche, etc.
    Yeah. At least Gay kept his issues mostly football related instead of flying out of windows.

vCash
    We're gonna look back one day and remember we had a defense with Simmons, Sweat, Abram, Dantzler, and Gay, and it's going to cause us to hate JoMo even more for losing 5 games with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. At least Gay kept his issues mostly football related instead of flying out of windows.
    Yep and you didn't have to worry about Gay giving effort on every play either. I think he has a big pro career. Another Bulldog star in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We're gonna look back one day and remember we had a defense with Simmons, Sweat, Abram, Dantzler, and Gay, and it's going to cause us to hate JoMo even more for losing 5 games with them.
    And that means exactly what for the offense? Yeah we had a great D, the offense was not great. The talent was not close on that side of the ball. This ain't defending Joe, it's just stating fact. If you can't score it doesn't matter how good the D is. If we would have had a better O in '99 that was REALLY our year, not 2018.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    And that means exactly what for the offense? Yeah we had a great D, the offense was not great. The talent was not close on that side of the ball. This ain't defending Joe, it's just stating fact. If you can't score it doesn't matter how good the D is. If we would have had a better O in '99 that was REALLY our year, not 2018.
    That's what I mean genius. His offense was so incompetent that having an elite defense didn't matter.

vCash
    That's what I mean genius. His offense was so incompetent that having an elite defense didn't matter.
    Was it his fault? I'm not so sure and never will be. Anyone that is, knows nothing about athletics,

vCash
    Yep on O Joe had what 3 NFL OL, 3 in the backfield that had 1000 yard seasons rushing, all time leading rushing SEC QB, SEC leading rushing RB. O didn't produce but it wasn't because we didn't have any players.

vCash
    Yep on O Joe had what 3 NFL OL, 3 in the backfield that had 1000 yard seasons rushing, all time leading rushing SEC QB, SEC leading rushing RB. O didn't produce but it wasn't because we didn't have any players.
    Did I say he didn't have players? I think you guys are seriously misunderstanding what I'm saying.

vCash
    I notice you didn't mention any passing or receiving numbers. That was the problem. Was it lack of talent or scheme? No way to know. I do know one FACT, you ain't gonna line it up and run over SEC defenses enough to win a championship anymore. You have to have a credible passing game. We did not have it under Joe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Good for Willie, MSU and Starkville! Go make millions!
    Seem a few have had negative texts and tweets about him and I?m disappointed. I don?t know details of the fight but I hope he understands his opportunity and appreciates it.